Drive modes for roll racing

Brent99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT premium
I’m just curious if anyone’s played with the drive modes for roll racing and what the best outcome was in a 10r80 car
Sponsored

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I think drag mode will give you the best outcome. The shifts in drag mode are extremely firm and will rip your teeth out with how firm they are. But just be careful because between each shift the tires usually break loose. Just be weary of that.

OP
OP
Brent99

Brent99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT premium
I think drag mode will give you the best outcome. The shifts in drag mode are extremely firm and will rip your teeth out with how firm they are. But just be careful because between each shift the tires usually break loose. Just be weary of that.
Thank you i appreciate it! I’ve been toying around with all the drive models trying to find the best one

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Drag mode is all or nothing though... It doesn't like half-throttle

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Exactly. It doesn’t like part throttle shifts. It’ll make the transmission wig out. Especially if you’re tuned

Sponsored

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I've been curious about driving modes when you have a tune. If I'm running my 93oct tune do I just leave it in normal drive mode, or will I benefit more by putting it into track mode even with the tune?

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Drag mode should have the least amount of tq management as well. And yes its pretty violent on shifts. If you get a tune, your tuner can make it to where you can use the paddles and the car will auto upshift even when its in S/manual mode.

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've been curious about driving modes when you have a tune. If I'm running my 93oct tune do I just leave it in normal drive mode, or will I benefit more by putting it into track mode even with the tune?
Normal mode the shifts are very smooth. Sport, Sport+, and Track modes are all basically the same in terms of shift logic. I could be wrong but this is what I feel when I drive. (This is without using paddle shifters)

OP
OP
Brent99

Brent99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT premium
I stay in sport mode 24/7 it’s more responsive but the shifts are aggressive as hell

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I stay in sport mode 24/7 it’s more responsive but the shifts are aggressive as hell
The transmission in sports mode is the only way to go. My only thing is its a little overkill when I’m in parking lots, it just wants to stay in first gear and makes way too much noise so I usually switch it back to D. Normal D mode is just way too sluggish and unresponsive to have real fun

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brent99

Brent99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT premium
The transmission in sports mode is the only way to go. My only thing is its a little overkill when I’m in parking lots, it just wants to stay in first gear and makes way too much noise so I usually switch it back to D. Normal D mode is just way too sluggish and unresponsive to have real fun
Yeah I got cat-less LTH and she be screaming when I’m just trying to cruse out 😭

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I got cat-less LTH and she be screaming when I’m just trying to cruse out 😭
For me, active exhaust in track + Steeda H pipe with transmission in S mode makes so noise just accelerating to 30 mph lol I couldn’t imagine what yours sounds like 💀 this car has even made driving the speed limit fun for me

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Definitely considering adding catted headers down the line at some point. I would love to hear this thing scream at high RPMs

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
roll racing , put it in sport get it into the lowest gear possible , honk it off and when you floor it push the shifter up into d and let the car shift for you .
Sponsored