Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Full disclosure I'm running the Magnaflow exhaust on my car. In fact my car was the car Magnaflow used to design their gt350 exhaust. It's a great system, though milder than stock. That said, before the install and also after the install I get FREQUENT, "Drive Modes Not Available" Recently I couldn't utilize drive or exhaust modes for about a week. Then for a few days it worked pretty much flawlessly. Has anyone else sharing this experience? Is there a fix? Since this issue predates the exhaust, I'm assuming it's not a primary contributor. I've had it to my dealer for the issue, but of course it worked for them.....

I appreciate any input.
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I think it might be the actuator gears or it doesn't find the home position. Mine does it time to time but after 2-3 min it goes away.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also, one day the valves on my car went crazy and started opening closing constantly for 5 min.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Full disclosure I'm running the Magnaflow exhaust on my car. In fact my car was the car Magnaflow used to design their gt350 exhaust. It's a great system, though milder than stock. That said, before the install and also after the install I get FREQUENT, "Drive Modes Not Available" Recently I couldn't utilize drive or exhaust modes for about a week. Then for a few days it worked pretty much flawlessly. Has anyone else sharing this experience? Is there a fix? Since this issue predates the exhaust, I'm assuming it's not a primary contributor. I've had it to my dealer for the issue, but of course it worked for them.....

I appreciate any input.
Does the Magnaflow retain the stock exhaust valve assembly? I had this issue with my Borla and it turns out the valve assembly just needed to be lubed, and the extra resistance made the motor think it was blocked so it went into failsafe mode to prevent damage.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Try having it go through its drive mode check before turning the car on. Just push the clutch pedal in and hold it for about 5 seconds. If you're in a quiet area, you'll hear the the actuators buzzing and the valves clunking around (in a good way). Do NOT fire the car up or put the car into auxiliary mode. Get out of the car. Close the door, get back in. Wash, rinse, repeat. Get back in the car. Let the car cycle again, fire it up, see what happens.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Also, one day the valves on my car went crazy and started opening closing constantly for 5 min.
Mine did that recently when I went to go check up on my car. However, it was also INSANELY cold out and I have a feeling one of the valves was stuck and the car didn't know what to do with itself and therefor had to go into a fault mode. A lot of Focus RS guys have experienced this. After the exhaust warmed up or a day came where it wasn't so damn cold, it was working fine.
Sponsored