Sponsored

Dream of having a GT350

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
For the street the GT is more practical anyways. If I lived in Germany I would probably go with the GT350.

The GT is more than enough for cruising on highways with 65 mph speed limits
Reminds me of this old Mustang commercial lol

[ame]
Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I went thru a divorce so I had to turn down my GT350 for now. I swapped allotments, via the dealer, so I get a car coming in later this year/early next year.

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
I have a mod list that I'd like to do with my 15 premium GTPP and when I add up the costs of my car plus mods (excluding labor by me) equals the cost of a gt350 at msrp. The choice then becomes mod a 15 gtpp and get pennies on the dollar back when I decide to resell or get a gt350, no mods needed, have a car that can handle more than I'll ever throw at it, and it maintains it's value significantly better than the GTPP that lost almost 1/3 of it's value in the first 15 months.

If I can get a gt350 at msrp, it's a done deal.

If you are looking at a GT and don't plan to mod, the regular GT is great!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I wouldn't mind having one, and can swing it financially. But mine being somewhat close to having the same horsepower (around 20 hp less), and with the mods I did, I just can't justify that kind of money for only being my weekend fun car, and it sitting for 5 months a year. Now, I'm not saying mine can handle and perform as well as the GT350, but I'm perfectly happy with mine for what I do with it.

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
In two years, this question will turn into:

"Dream of having a mach1"

then

"Dream of having a GT500"

There are a lot of people that "Dream of having a Mustang".

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
In two years, this question will turn into:

"Dream of having a mach1"

then

"Dream of having a GT500"

There are a lot of people that "Dream of having a Mustang".
Yeah, you're right. I feel very fortunate to be able to afford a new car, and do the mods that we do. Don't get me wrong, if you work hard, you should be able to do what you want, get what you want. A lot of people dream of having one, and won't ever have it. And still, a lot of people dream of having SOMETHING in their cupboards and refrigerator, and struggle just to do that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Honestly, no.

My car has turned out to be so much better than I thought it would, I'm stunned every day. With the PP, it's an amazing balance of performance and daily drivability. A GT350 would lose that daily drivability, so they're not for me.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Definitely a dream car of mine. Honestly even at that price with stupid dealer mark up the car performs above it's $$$ range. This was my first car at 16...
1j826t.jpg

I've had this poster since then... So Eventually... I'm working my way up to it lol
shelby-blue.jpg

It's very unlikely that I'll get to see it on the road or drive it, but I know that my parents neighbor in CT just recently picked up his 2017 White/Blue stripes GT350. I go home in December for Christmas so if I'm very lucky the roads won't be salted up or covered in snow/ice and maybe I'll get to hear the beast.:thumbsup::ford:

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I was set on a GT but the fiance said that i will regret it, pout and have nightmares that I didnt pull the trigger. So I kept shopping and found one for MSRP in KS.
Is the monthly outrageous, hell yes!
Can i afford it, barely!
Do I regret it, hell no!
IF you can get a hold of one, do it....just look at this way, you ll have it paid off in 5-7 years :)

Sponsored

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
So how many of you out there dream of having/getting a Shelby GT350?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT. It is a fantastic car and love looking at it
but man would I love to have a GT350 sitting in my garage.

The looks, the engine, the handling, that wonderful exhaust note.

Unfortunately just out of reach. Perhaps in a few years I could pick up a decent used one but cannot get a new one.

Just curious, anyone else have the same cravings as me?
I'd love a GT350 for all the reasons you stated. I'm very intrigued about the changes to the 2018 GT and I was planing on purchasing one if I like the changes. At the same time I was thinking to purchase instead a used 2016 GT350, but I made the mistake (carwise speaking) of reading the book "The Millionaire Next Door" and now it got me thinking twice about purchasing such an expensive vehicle. I might keep my '10 for another 4 years and pick up a used '17 GT for around $25K :shrug:

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I really like the S550 platform but for $50-60k, I'd rather have a C7 than a GT350.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I have a mod list that I'd like to do with my 15 premium GTPP and when I add up the costs of my car plus mods (excluding labor by me) equals the cost of a gt350 at msrp. The choice then becomes mod a 15 gtpp and get pennies on the dollar back when I decide to resell or get a gt350, no mods needed, have a car that can handle more than I'll ever throw at it, and it maintains it's value significantly better than the GTPP that lost almost 1/3 of it's value in the first 15 months.

If I can get a gt350 at msrp, it's a done deal.

If you are looking at a GT and don't plan to mod, the regular GT is great!
WOW $20K+ in mods, thats intense. If the GT needs that much in mods to give you what you want then you are right. Better off with a GT350.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Meh, they're pretty sweet but I don't see the cost justification. I think they are over priced personally.
If you can get one for MSRP, they're under priced performance wise. By a lot. But that's my perspective from spanking 90 - 100K Porsches on Road Am. Some needed a driver mod though.