Sponsored

Dream of having a GT350

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Everyone's replies are well appreciated.

Dream a little Dream!
If I had the money for a third vehicle I would buy a GT350 without thinking twice. It's a work of performance art and the Voodoo engine is very special. Every review mentions the GT350 being an incredible driving experience that's about the sum of the car's parts: not just the exhaust note, or the engine, or the handling, or the looks, or any one thing. It's just an amazing car that creates an amazing experience.

I think your dream is a good dream. Use it as motivation to work hard and make it come true.
Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Listen to the sweet music from 2:44 on

[ame]

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
yes... every day. But Ford wont bring it here in RHD.. DAMN YOU...

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'll be making up my mind in a month. Local Ford dealer, where I bought my 2015 GT, told me they have a 2017 GT350 coming in in November with my name on it LOL.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I was torn between both cars but knew I would mod the GTPP to no end. I would not have realized any return if resold on the mods either. I knew mods would have totaled ~$13-$15k. This would have put me within $10k of a new 350. I was able to buy the 350 at MSRP and my insurance was only $25/ month additional.
For me it was a no brainer when you consider the driving dynamics, Voodoo engine and current value.
As far as dreaming goes, one of these posts was spot on. I do dream of a GT3 or an AMG-SLS one day too.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
At first I did want one, but then I started to see all of the horror stories of owning such a nice car pop up on the boards. The amount of anxiety owning one of them would give me pretty much turns me off from owning it. I baby my car as it is. I can't imagine what it would be like to drive or even touch a Shelby after investing 50-60k into the car. I plan to keep Shadow for a long long time. I went back to basics on it when it came to options as I wanted a more traditional 5.0 GT Mustang to use as a blank canvas.

So far, it's worked out pretty well.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Last Saturday I test drove an RCF and GT350 back to back. Refined versus raw.

Don't forget that at any given price, you can compare ALL cars at or below that price. I make pretty good money, but the GT expenses alone have added up to more than I anticipated.

It is nice to want what you already own.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Meh, they're pretty sweet but I don't see the cost justification. I think they are over priced personally.
You are sooooo wrong. Do some research. They are a steal. You couldn't make a GT perform like one and even be in the ball park.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Especially when you can get a base Corvette for $46k.
So can everyone else and they don't perform as well as the 350. It takes a Z06 to be better than the 350 and there 110k, so almost 2 times the money.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I dunno, I'd wager a properly driven Grand Sport might make for an interesting battle....

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
This is crazy to me. I would imagine just having a V8 Mustang is enough for most people but then I guess you always want more.
All I dream of is going from a V6 to a V8 (even if its a base V8), I don't think I'd want a GT350 because 50k is already a bit more than my annual salary...I don't even think of cars at that price range, hell I don't even think of cars above $35k.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
You are sooooo wrong. Do some research. They are a steal. You couldn't make a GT perform like one and even be in the ball park.
Well, it is an opinion so it cant be 'wrong' by definition. The cost just is not worth it to me, hence the fact I think the cost is too high for the benefit = over priced IMHO of course.

You most certainly can make a GT perform in the same ballpark as a GT350. Would it be worth it over buying a GT350? Heck no.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
So can everyone else and they don't perform as well as the 350. It takes a Z06 to be better than the 350 and there 110k, so almost 2 times the money.
We're are not talking the 'R' are we?

If we are I agree with you, but I don't think we are.

The non 'R' 350 is not faster than all 'vettes except the Z06(pretty sure the GS will keep up with a GT350R anyway). Even the Z51 should be a drivers race at worst. They have the same tires and the weight savings should negate the extra HP advantage or close anyway.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'd have to drive one to justify the major price difference. I do like them a lot and they'll hold value much better. But it's outside of my price range. Maybe I'll just do the shelby front end haha.
Sponsored