Dreaded tick....

Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So i’ve had my car for almost 2 years now. Just recently i had the dealer change the head because my car was burning oil. After i’d say about a couple months later, i started to notice a tick that was coming from the engine. At idle it is IMO obnoxiously loud. When cold it’s silent, but when the engine warms up it pops up, when i give it gas, the sound picks up speed as well. I took it to ford and they looked and it and told me what all they always say to others (at least from what i’ve seen) “it is normal, we can’t do anything about it”. I don’t know, but to me it sounds concerning. Say i’m in a drive thru, the sound will bounce off the building and get louder than it already is. Kind of embarrassing to be honest... I know they said it’s “normal” but is there anything you guys recommend i should do ? Have you guys gotten it ? Did you stick with it & kind of just forget about it ? If you have it, have you noticed a issue with the engines health/performance? I’m curious. BTW, i know people say they get it after oil changes, i’ve been putting ford synthetic blend, idk if that has any importance to this or not...
Thanks for your opinion!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hugo

Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Here’s what it sounds like BTW.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
i’ve seen a lot of people saying that after they add that it gets rid of it, have you tried it ? does it actually work ? , & would i have to do that everytime ?
It actually works for most people. Just add half a bottle each oil change.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was recently looking at cars for my wife's new car. Just for kicks I went to 2 Ford dealers, and asked if they could start some GT's for me. Out 5 I looked at only 1 didn't tick. New GTs on the lot, all but 1 ticked. I couldn't even say for sure the last 1 didn't tick, because I didn't listen to long. The sales person was getting annoyed at the cold and I didn't want to torture her.

My car ticks and I got it new, and so does my father 2019, and so does my buddies car who is a 2018, and his other car ticks which is a 2016. I don't know what it is for sure, but judging by how common it is I wouldn't even worry about it.

The ticks I've heard are shortly after a cold start, and go away within a few minutes and don't persist after a warm start.

OP
OP
Hugo

Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I was recently looking at cars for my wife's new car. Just for kicks I went to 2 Ford dealers, and asked if they could start some GT's for me. Out 5 I looked at only 1 didn't tick. New GTs on the lot, all but 1 ticked. I couldn't even say for sure the last 1 didn't tick, because I didn't listen to long. The sales person was getting annoyed at the cold and I didn't want to torture her.

My car ticks and I got it new, and so does my father 2019, and so does my buddies car who is a 2018, and his other car ticks which is a 2016. I don't know what it is for sure, but judging by how common it is I wouldn't even worry about it.

The ticks I've heard are shortly after a cold start, and go away within a few minutes and don't persist after a warm start.
Yeahh that’s the thing. It seems like it really just is something that 90% of people can expect if not everyone. The thing for me is that even after warm it’s still there and annoying... Keep in mind my exhaust is not quiet whatsoever and i still hear it over my exhaust. It’s annoying as heck, If they say it’s nothing to worry about it than that’s fine, just wanted to see if anyone had a similar sound like mine or situation, which i know there’s plenty, but i wish there was a fix other than the additive to the oil, you get me ? Anyways, it’s really looking like i’ll just have to tough it out for the duration of having the car, thanks though !

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeahh that’s the thing. It seems like it really just is something that 90% of people can expect if not everyone. The thing for me is that even after warm it’s still there and annoying... Keep in mind my exhaust is not quiet whatsoever and i still hear it over my exhaust. It’s annoying as heck, If they say it’s nothing to worry about it than that’s fine, just wanted to see if anyone had a similar sound like mine or situation, which i know there’s plenty, but i wish there was a fix other than the additive to the oil, you get me ? Anyways, it’s really looking like i’ll just have to tough it out for the duration of having the car, thanks though !
Get the Ceratec, put it in and move on. No need to”tough” it out.

jpgc_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
My 2019 GT is at 47K miles and it has ticked throughout its mileage. I say it that way because between 20k and 30k, I didn't hear it.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You can add ceratec - and it does help. Seriously I know how you feel. Its not comforting to have your car make a noise that is unfamiliar. If it helps any another local gen 3 around here has had the tick for 2 years almost, and is over 750whp with a Whipple with ZERO issues. Enjoy the car don't sweat it.

OP
OP
Hugo

Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You can add ceratec - and it does help. Seriously I know how you feel. Its not comforting to have your car make a noise that is unfamiliar. If it helps any another local gen 3 around here has had the tick for 2 years almost, and is over 750whp with a Whipple with ZERO issues. Enjoy the car don't sweat it.
Thanks, and yes i am enjoying the car, I think i’m going to just add Ceratec and just keep going, i appreciate it from all of you !

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
i’ve seen a lot of people saying that after they add that it gets rid of it, have you tried it ? does it actually work ? , & would i have to do that everytime ?
t a

I put a whole bottle of Ceratec in my engine after an oil change and it completely got rid of the tick and not only that the engine ran noticeably smoother for me and that’s on a 2019 GT with 7000 miles
Sponsored