Sponsored

Drag wheels & Tires

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I was strongly debating them as well, only reason i didnt go was because im spending so much and doing this car exactly how i want with a ton of built specific to me parts, i figured i could splurge on a set, especially since they are matching.

Good luck, congrats, and cant wait to see em!
Believe me i thought about doing the same thing, just i will not use them very much and can't justify spending 2 1/2 times more for matching forged. Course i can't really justify anything i spend on this car or in general.
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well after much waiting for various reasons my drag wheels and tires came in....AND they DON'T fit! Which is frustrating as I personally contacted the MFGR to confirm fitment along with the shop i ordered from also validated with them. So its obvious they didn't actually test fit them they just assumed they would fit based on brakes being smaller than gt350 in the rear. Anyway they hit the parking brake caliper. Determining what to do now. I really like these wheels and were the perfect price point for casual weekend racer.

fs4.jpg

fs1.jpg

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Well after much waiting for various reasons my drag wheels and tires came in....AND they DON'T fit! Which is frustrating as I personally contacted the MFGR to confirm fitment along with the shop i ordered from also validated with them. So its obvious they didn't actually test fit them they just assumed they would fit based on brakes being smaller than gt350 in the rear. Anyway they hit the parking brake caliper. Determining what to do now. I really like these wheels and were the perfect price point for casual weekend racer.

fs4.jpg

fs1.jpg
Sorry to hear buddy. IMO, you should just bite the bullet, return them and contact @50 Deep . I have a set and they are perfect! You definitely get what you pay for with Terrance

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear buddy. IMO, you should just bite the bullet, return them and contact @50 Deep . I have a set and they are perfect! You definitely get what you pay for with Terrance
Well if Signature had a selection of simple and clean 5 spokes i would certainly consider. But finding 5 spoke simple wheels can be challenging for GT500 fitment. The forgestar were a good compliment to my BC forged 5 spokes and price was right.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Well if Signature had a selection of simple and clean 5 spokes i would certainly consider. But finding 5 spoke simple wheels can be challenging for GT500 fitment. The forgestar were a good compliment to my BC forged 5 spokes and price was right.
Ahhh, I understand. Price can't be right if the wheels dont fit though. I had Forgestars on my Supra, they put the onus on me to make sure they fitment was where it should be which was a harrowing process. Thats why I didn't consider them personally on my 500, did't want to go through that again. Not sure how your experience was. See if Terrence has some new designs maybe

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh, I understand. Price can't be right if the wheels dont fit though. I had Forgestars on my Supra, they put the onus on me to make sure they fitment was where it should be which was a harrowing process. Thats why I didn't consider them personally on my 500, did't want to go through that again. Not sure how your experience was. See if Terrence has some new designs maybe
I did hit up Terrance in the summer before i made my decision with BCforged, he didnt have anything in the pipe in my timeframe.. 100% if they dont fit price doesnt come into play. keep everyone updated where this lands and what i end up with.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I did hit up Terrance in the summer before i made my decision with BCforged, he didnt have anything in the pipe in my timeframe.. 100% if they dont fit price doesnt come into play. keep everyone updated where this lands and what i end up with.
Hope it works out man

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Thats frustrating. I came in here about to ask to borrow them for the week of TX2k too lol, cause i cant find a 2nd set of cheap 18s that will fit.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Get them refunded or have them make the right size. I'm a dealer for Forgestar and haven't had this happen before.. Hopefully you have the emails / proof of the conversations.

-Josh

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get them refunded or have them make the right size. I'm a dealer for Forgestar and haven't had this happen before.. Hopefully you have the emails / proof of the conversations.

-Josh
Dealer and forgestar are working the issue....however this isn't a normal offset issue..this is wheel barrel design issue , transition to spokes is where it hits. So pretty sure forgestar cannot remedy but we will see. Not like they will redesign a wheel for single application. No doubt I will be taken care off, just sucks it got this far.

Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
They have calculators that are supposed to prevent this kind of issue. If you have an OEM brake setup then they'll have that brake template to make the wheel design over and make sure it clears or does not.

But yeah, hopefully everything works out. If those don't work out, maybe some different design, or maybe BC Forged now?

-Josh

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
What DR size are you gents running on an 18”? I plan to use MT ET R’s. Looks like they have a 325/35 and a 305/45. I have seen pics of both on 500’s. Just curious pros and cons. Neither are a match for the stock height.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with 325s. But went back and forth. Finally made my choice based off the shorter height and theory they would be easier on DCT.

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Ugh! I got a hood deal on 305’s. Any opinion here? Should I dump and grab 325’s? Obviously if the DCT is a concern I don’t want to cause issues?

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Thats frustrating. I came in here about to ask to borrow them for the week of TX2k too lol, cause i cant find a 2nd set of cheap 18s that will fit.
Steve have you or anyone tried a bias ply with the DCT yet?
To me it’s definitely worth considering for launching and using the tire as the fuse, something drag radials don’t like.
I think it’s Phoenix/M&H that makes an 18” bias ply true slick. Hoosier May now also, but one definitely exists as 28x10x18s.
-J
Sponsored