Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Drag Rear Sway Bar - Now Available!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Our track-proven Steeda Drag Race Rear Sway Bar for your 2015-2016 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, or V6 will provide substantially reduced body roll to support high horsepower applications through any drag race requirements! Our drag race rear sway bar will make sure to keep your car pointed straight down the track, no matter how much power you're making. This is the same drag rear sway bar that John Urist runs on the fastest production-based factory IRS S550 Mustang in the world!

Steeda Mustang Drag Race Rear Sway Bar (15-16 All) | 555-1018

Key Benefits:
- Installed on the fastest factory IRS S550 in the world!
- Drag Rear Sway Bar diameter 1-1/8" - Solid
- Improved stability during launch
- Reduced body roll
- Machined steel billet sway bar ends, less prone to cracking/fatigue
- Competition-proven
- Includes sway bar bushings
- Designed and manufactured in-house in the USA by Steeda
- Lifetime warranty

Our welded billet ends on our drag rear sway bar are far stronger than stamping the end of the bar. Billet-machining construction of the sway bar ends makes for far greater strength for a bulletproof sway bar, that can take a beating no matter how much power your S550 is putting down.

Our line of Steeda sway bars are equipped with machined steel billet sway bar ends, whereas others on the market have coined ends. What does this mean? Our sway bar ends are machined out of billet steel round stock, in-house, on our multi-axis CNC lathes and go through hundreds of computer simulations to ensure the ultimate in strength and performance - this provides greater resistance to bending stresses, and has three major advantages:

1 - These parts are less prone to cracking/fatigue failure on the ends themselves.
2 - Billet sway bar ends reduce unwanted deflection - excess deflection creates unwanted geometry changes, which physically changes your sway bar stiffness to a non-ideal rate.
3 - With less unwanted deflection, our bars will 'wear out’ slower - any spring will eventually become softer over time as it is cycled through its life, our bars will maintain their designed rate for longer with less unwanted deflection.

Our bar rates are developed and optimized through advanced vehicle dynamic simulation and through extensive real-world testing. We engineered our Steeda Mustang Drag Race Rear Sway Bar to reduce body roll and improve stability during hard launches. The added stability that this solid drag rear sway bar offers will keep your S550 Mustang pointed straight!

In stock and ready to ship!

Steeda Mustang Drag Race Rear Sway Bar (15-16 All) | 555-1018
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-000.jpg
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-001.jpg
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-002.jpg
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-003.jpg
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-004.jpg
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-006.jpg
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-007.jpg
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-005.jpg
Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Great, now idk if I wanna order this or the standard sway bars lol awesome new product tho David!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=9475]bakerjd[/MENTION] did you install your rear drag bar yet?

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
[MENTION=9475]bakerjd[/MENTION] did you install your rear drag bar yet?
I have not. I'm planning to within the week. Just haven't been able to get to the track outside of an NMRA event in order to do what I have planned.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I have not. I'm planning to within the week. Just haven't been able to get to the track outside of an NMRA event in order to do what I have planned.
Gotcha, looking forward to your feedback!

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to let you guys know that the Steeda Rear sway bar was used on these two S550's to set the New records in their class. Congratulations Lund Racing and Team Steeda!! Check out the Race Pages article link posted below.
steeda-mustang-drag-race-rear-sway-bar-2015-2016-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-1018-000-jpg.jpg

https://www.racepagesdigital.com/co...-131-mph-performance-presented-by-nitto-tire/

I have a 2015 Ecoboost w/ Steeda progressive springs and the IRS subframe alignment kit. Steeda non-adjustable Pro-Action shocks/struts, adjustable bumpstop kit, billet rear shock mounts and the front roll center and bumpsteer correction kit will be the next additions. I'm tight on coin, but I'm thinking of adding the adjustable front/rear sway bar w/the billet front/rear mount kit poly bushings; My question: How much of a handling improvement can I expect?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2015 Ecoboost w/ Steeda progressive springs and the IRS subframe alignment kit. Steeda non-adjustable Pro-Action shocks/struts, adjustable bumpstop kit, billet rear shock mounts and the front roll center and bumpsteer correction kit will be the next additions. I'm tight on coin, but I'm thinking of adding the adjustable front/rear sway bar w/the billet front/rear mount kit poly bushings; My question: How much of a handling improvement can I expect?
Sway bars are definitely one of the mods you feel right away after installing. If you're going for handling, go with the adjustable bars (like you mentioned), not the drag bar (like this thread is about). The degree of change will be based on how exactly you set the firmness on each bar and how much experimenting you want to do with those combinations.

To give you a starting point, my front bar is second from soft and rear is in the middle.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sway bars are definitely one of the mods you feel right away after installing. If you're going for handling, go with the adjustable bars (like you mentioned), not the drag bar (like this thread is about). The degree of change will be based on how exactly you set the firmness on each bar and how much experimenting you want to do with those combinations.

To give you a starting point, my front bar is second from soft and rear is in the middle.
If I went with a middle setting on both the front and rear, what kind of handling could I reasonably expect?...and I'm strictly a street driver.

thanx.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You can't ;) Front bar has four spots so you have to choose more firm or more soft. Very basic: the stiffer the front is compared to the back, the less oversteer. If you like whipping the tail end around to push the car, firmer on the back. (if I'm wrong, someone else please correct me) So compared to what you have right
Sponsored