Drag Suspension Questions

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Recently gotten to the point of a bolt on car horsepower range on my 2020 401A PP1 car w/magnaride. So 480-500ish WHP. I’m not going boost any time soon, and I’m looking for some answers. I run Mickey ET street Rs somewhere around the 16-17psi range, I’ve got vertical links and cradle lockouts. The car spins on marginal track surfaces at anything above a 1500rpm launch. I’d like to get into the lower 1.6s 60ft range without having to require radial prep. My only issue that throws a wrench into things is I cannot lower the car any further than stock magnaride height as my driveway won’t allow for it.

Best the car has ever went is a 1.71 60ft with less HP than current.
Any tips, part suggestions, etc are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

vxer1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6 Spd Manual
Vehicle Showcase
My best is a 1.62 60ft at 20psi on Hoosier D6 bias ply. I've also got full spherical bearing set-up in the rear suspension. Stock springs and sway bars. 2015 Perf Pack, 2018 Intake, full exhaust and headers, and Steeda tune. The bias plys make quite a difference over any radial.

OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
My best is a 1.62 60ft at 20psi on Hoosier D6 bias ply. I've also got full spherical bearing set-up in the rear suspension. Stock springs and sway bars. 2015 Perf Pack, 2018 Intake, full exhaust and headers, and Steeda tune. The bias plys make quite a difference over any radial.
Been on the fence about just going over to a slick tire honestly think that may help as well.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
A converter is worth about 2/10s. I could cut low 1.5s NA and 1.4s on boost. With a circle D 4c. And that was on a mainly stock suspension with some stop the hop goodies. Mickey Thompson ET street Rs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
A converter is worth about 2/10s. I could cut low 1.5s NA and 1.4s on boost. With a circle D 4c. And that was on a mainly stock suspension with some stop the hop goodies. Mickey Thompson ET street Rs.
viking shocks are much cheaper than a converter especially since I do plan for some sort of forced induction here soon. I talked with Viking today and they recommended a shock that’s actually going to work on my setup all the way up to 1k hp. I fully believe after talking with someone about these shocks directly, this is the potential correct direction for poorly prepped or no prep surfaces

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
viking shocks are much cheaper than a converter especially since I do plan for some sort of forced induction here soon. I talked with Viking today and they recommended a shock that’s actually going to work on my setup all the way up to 1k hp. I fully believe after talking with someone about these shocks directly, this is the potential correct direction for poorly prepped or no prep surfaces
A converter works fantastic with a centri style blower. It seams you have your heart set on those vikings. Best of luck to ya.

OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
A converter works fantastic with a centri style blower. It seams you have your heart set on those vikings. Best of luck to ya.
My issue is i havent decided on WHICH type of forced induction I am going with. I have looked at a couple single turbo kits, also looked at a procharger/vortech setup. I cant choose at the moment.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My issue is i havent decided on WHICH type of forced induction I am going with. I have looked at a couple single turbo kits, also looked at a procharger/vortech setup. I cant choose at the moment.
If your options are a centri blower or turbo, then a converter will be a great compliment to either of those as it will allow you to launch higher in the rev range with more boost than from normal stall speed.

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost

what shock did they say to use?

Sponsored
OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
If you cant hook at sub 500whp you're gonna hate life at 700whp..
You clearly don’t no prep/street race. I’ve also spoken with multiple manufacturers that have said the MR shocks aren’t the answer, and they’ve had better success with a stock shock, so….

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I have found that the best solution is not to run poorly prepped and/or no prep tracks!

OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I have found that the best solution is not to run poorly prepped and/or no prep tracks!
i get that but i grew a pair and race anywhere... 🤷‍♂️

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
You clearly don’t no prep/street race. I’ve also spoken with multiple manufacturers that have said the MR shocks aren’t the answer, and they’ve had better success with a stock shock, so….
Maybe you're right, I dont have lazy track owners here that hide their shitty work behind, "iTs No pReP bRo"....so... good luck setting up a promod mid 11sec car.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
LOL! I know, I did the same thing, and all I have is a pile of broken parts to prove it.
If you want to go fast, without tearing up your equipment, go to a fully prepped track.
Be safe and have fun!
Sponsored