Drag Radial Newbie...questions

Brian-17S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just a quick follow up: The MT ET street R tires stick extremely well. I highly recommend them. They totally solved my wheel hop issue that I had with stock tires. For a car with no power adders, I think the 275/40-17s are fine. They are a bit lighter than larger tires and the 26.1 diameter give you a little bit deeper overall gear. Of course, if you add significantly more power, likely a larger tire would be better.
How were your times? What 60ft?
One thing I noticed that is probably common with all drag radials. They pick up every bit of dirt, loose rubber marbles, small rocks and anything else that you happen to drive through. It is like they are covered with glue. On my first run, I gave them a pretty good burn out - just enough to see some smoke. On my subsequent runs, I basically just spun them enough to clean off the debris. No significant burn out needed. I ran 20 PSI.

I would not want to drive these very far on the street. My track is 110 miles away so I carried them in the trunk with the rear seats folded down and changed them at the track. If your track is closer and there is no chance of rain, you could drive them to the track.
How was your time? What was your 60ft?
Sponsored

1quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt tvs
Will do but at best I’ll manage to match it. We’ll see, I’ve ran a 28 before, 305-40-18
thats what size i run in a street ss, its got me a 1.48 60' so far on stock suspension, ive modded the suspension a bit now and added a touch of power looking for something in the 1.3 range next time out

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
thats what size i run in a street ss, its got me a 1.48 60' so far on stock suspension, ive modded the suspension a bit now and added a touch of power looking for something in the 1.3 range next time out
But with a converter which I don’t have....yet