Drag Pack Fitment Issue

Ncollier1120

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys, so I purchased a set of second hand WELD Lagunas they’re a 17x10 w/ 5.5” back spacing. They have 305/45/17 MT Sportmans’ on them and when I was mounting the wheel and tire to the car I’ve got probably an inch worth of poke. Now, I’m not super familiar with wheel specs and what they need to be but I have looked through quite a few forums and no one can give a straight forward answer on what the correct size wheel I need to run is, or if I could make the wheel I currently have work with my car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ncollier1120

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What is the offset? I use this site when figuring wheel specs myself. It has helped me get a completely flush setup with no poke. https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#
I have no idea what the offset is. I’d have to measure it. The guy posted them as a 17x10 wheel with 5.5” backspacing. Bought them cause I really needed a set of wheels and he was close. Didn’t even think about wether they would fit or not.

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
I have no idea what the offset is. I’d have to measure it. The guy posted them as a 17x10 wheel with 5.5” backspacing. Bought them cause I really needed a set of wheels and he was close. Didn’t even think about wether they would fit or not.
The offset should be stamped on the inside of the wheel. It should say 50et or 45et or something like that. For instance, I have 18x10 Forgestar D5s and the offset is 42mm. It is 100% flush with the fender. But I am running a 295/45/18 tire.

Sponsored

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
According to the Weld site, you need the 50mm offset with 7.5" of backspacing. And apparently what you have is the 25mm offset with 6.5" of backspacing, which is the wrong wheels for your car. That's why you are getting the 1" of poke. There is no way to make those work correctly for your car. Post em up for sale on craigslist and hopefully someone will buy them from ya.

Hahny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys, so I purchased a set of second hand WELD Lagunas they’re a 17x10 w/ 5.5” back spacing. They have 305/45/17 MT Sportmans’ on them and when I was mounting the wheel and tire to the car I’ve got probably an inch worth of poke. Now, I’m not super familiar with wheel specs and what they need to be but I have looked through quite a few forums and no one can give a straight forward answer on what the correct size wheel I need to run is, or if I could make the wheel I currently have work with my car.
Like 22MAVXLT said, these are not the correct offset. You’re better off selling them, and buying a wheel with the correct offset/back spacing.