Double x Pipe?

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
Contemplating getting a Double x pipe ... but is it really worth the price tag ? I have a full 3 inch system right now with a single x pipe. .. just dont know if it would be worth the price to actually get one, some sites "claim" 45% more flow which I think is horse shit .. but I want to hear from someone who actually has one
Sponsored

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Contemplating getting a Double x pipe ... but is it really worth the price tag ? I have a full 3 inch system right now with a single x pipe. .. just dont know if it would be worth the price to actually get one, some sites "claim" 45% more flow which I think is horse shit .. but I want to hear from someone who actually has one
Hey there, Steve! Although I personally am not running one, I will say it's extremely popular with our customers that I've spoken to. I will say most like the sounds exclusive to the X than the H. More of a "rasp" type of tone. I haven't seen numbers personally, but I will say the cross over and 3" SHOULD allow more flow.

Feel free to reach out to me or any one of us here at Lethal Performance and we'll be more than happy to assist further!

Thanks!

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
"claim" 45% more flow which I think is horse
3.00” OD tube vs OEM 2.50” will flow at the percentage listed.
Approximate CFM;
3.00” = 747 cfm
2.50” = 509 cfm
This gets us close to a 45% CFM delta.
Will the 5.0 flow 45% more in NA form, NO but the exhaust size change will support a 45% CFM increase.

Last edited:

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm sure the pipes they use are capable of that increased flow, the issue is that they're advertising as if your motor will suddenly be flowing 45% more gasses, which it wont.

In addition, exhaust is a pulsed acoustic system, so the location of the X's can influence its flow characteristics at certain frequencies (RPM's). For better or worse.

Dyno or flowbench testing would be the only real way to know if they're telling the truth or not. The behavior of two X's in a pulsed system isn't easy to conceptualize without some kind of sim or data to lean on.

I say if you think its cool, go for it!

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
will do, I’m looking more towards tax time with investing in one, does lethal offer military discount ?
First off thanks for your service! We appreciate it very much. In regards to Corsa they don't allow us to supply codes for any of their products. So the military discount code won't work on the Double XX pipe.

However, we do offer special loyalty pricing on Corsa. Just go to our website, register on the site and login. Once you're logged in and on the product page for the double xx as well as any other Corsa product you'll see your special discounted loyalty pricing displayed.

If you have any questions or need help placing the order feel free to give us a shout.

Thanks!

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
I had one and sold it. It sounded slightly higher pitched than a single x. Equally loud. But I only have a resonator catback and it was too loud, with some ear piercing frequencies I couldn’t tone out

If you already have an aftermarket X pipe I WOULD NOT spend money on this. It’s not going to be noticeably different

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
I had one and sold it. It sounded slightly higher pitched than a single x. Equally loud. But I only have a resonator catback and it was too loud, with some ear piercing frequencies I couldn’t tone out

If you already have an aftermarket X pipe I WOULD NOT spend money on this. It’s not going to be noticeably different
Last part is the most sensical reply. I almost said this earlier. You have a full 3 inch exhaust. Youd be lucky to tell any significant sound difference. But theres no way its gonna make any sort of increase in power that makes it worth the time/effort/cost.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the corsa doulbe x sounds great, i don't think yourgoing to get 45% more flow, the single x pipes are nice as well

we can help with either

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We actually do offer military discounts. The code for our site is USMIL. With that said some lines we offer discounts through our customer loyalty program. In this case since Corsa doesn’t allow us to use codes for their products the loyalty pricing is the best way to go.

Just create an account on our site and be logged in when viewing the Corsa product you’re interested in and you’ll see your special pricing displayed.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

cadbane5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang
We actually do offer military discounts. The code for our site is USMIL. With that said some lines we offer discounts through our customer loyalty program. In this case since Corsa doesn’t allow us to use codes for their products the loyalty pricing is the best way to go.

Just create an account on our site and be logged in when viewing the Corsa product you’re interested in and you’ll see your special pricing displayed.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with in the meantime.
oh i see thank you sir
Sponsored