Door Panel Help

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Got the door panels back from the upholsterer with the new leather inserts. Install went smoother than removal. CAUTION when I removed the passenger panel I found 2 small plastic tabs on the ground. Luckily, I saved them. When I did the reinstall I searched for where they might have come from. I finally figured out that the passenger window switch had come apart and they fell out of it. It is not obvious, but, I figured it out. And sure enough...with them put back in where I guessed they should go, the window switch works as it should.
IMG_4770.jpg
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
That looks great!

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got the door panels back from the upholsterer with the new leather inserts. Install went smoother than removal. CAUTION when I removed the passenger panel I found 2 small plastic tabs on the ground. Luckily, I saved them. When I did the reinstall I searched for where they might have come from. I finally figured out that the passenger window switch had come apart and they fell out of it. It is not obvious, but, I figured it out. And sure enough...with them put back in where I guessed they should go, the window switch works as it should.
Do you happen to remember if the back side of the panel had screws holding the chrome part on the fixed handle? Not the actual door handle. I want to get mine off and paint them. thanks.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Do you happen to remember if the back side of the panel had screws holding the chrome part on the fixed handle? Not the actual door handle. I want to get mine off and paint them. thanks.
I don't remember seeing any screws.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just in case anyone is wondering, you can take all the chrome parts off the door panel.. all pretty easy too!

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Just in case anyone is wondering, you can take all the chrome parts off the door panel.. all pretty easy too!
I would put more chrome/metal on. It looks too plasticky as it is.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
You can use a paper clip lol I used one and didn't damage anything I also installed my own after market speakers. Oh and the back part does have a screw.

Hello all,

My first time doing an install myself. That plate behind the door handle is really something. Should I go buy a special tool for this, it is there a way to get it out?

Thanks!

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I'll keep that in min next time lol. My next step is to add these panels I have the cloth ones. I already installed my leather seat just don't do the panels because it looked difficult.

I took the smallest allen wrench i have, tucked the small end in the hole, and pulled out with pliers(on the allen wrench) and it popped right out.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Are the screws on the bottom and side of the door panel just regular 6 point nuts or are they 12 point?

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
🧟