Sponsored

Does your State still have an active 1/4 mile strip?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

NavyMAChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Whipple GT350
Palm Beach raceway closed but they are looking at building another track Palm Beach

Orlando Speedworld, I live less than 2 miles south and can hear the racing which I like lol. The funny part is the track has a huge amount of conservation land around it to protect the land but with enough money paid they let you build on it anyway. Luckily Bithlo is still mostly a redneck community at the moment so might last for awhile longer.

Bradentons days are numbered I imagine given the approval of a housing development right next to the track. Story Huge opposition to the plan but was still passed anyway which shows that money happens.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I'm less then an hour from New England Dragway and the NHRA has finally started touring here again.
I have to get back there for street night, best entertainment for the money around! I say it every summer and somehow never make it!

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT 2022 F150
Oklahoma. I have two within 90 mins of my house. Thunder Valley Raceway Park in Noble is 45 mins south and Tulsa is 90 mins NE. Both are great tracks. Thunder Valley seems to get leased year to year and was actively for sale by the owner (who doesn't even live in Oklahoma anymore) during the Covid years but nobody bit at the price tag.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There are two in the Central Texas area that I frequent. Alamo City Motorplex in San Antonio and Little River Dragway up near Temple, TX (just north of Austin). Both are about 1/1.5 hours away from Austin depending on traffic.
Ran my ‘65 at Little River in the mid 1960s when it was 1/4. Short run off, fast modified… frequently went off the end. Also ran in San Antonio, don’t remember name, but it was slick. Ran at tracks south of Killeen, Victoria, and Houston. No track prep in those days. Sometimes you got a scary ride.

Sponsored

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Austin Tx had a nice track in the Mid 1960s. Located north of Austin, was another victim of a few local residents. Never officially raced there, but saw a lot of big name racers back in the day. The track was abandoned in 68 but not destroyed right away. Me and some friends ran on the track after it closed. Had to watch out for a few weeds growing in some of the cracks. Fun time.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
It's Bristol Baby :) We have a couple 1/8 mile tracks closer to me in Knoxville but Bristol is the closest 1/4 mile track to me.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Missouri has...what...3 with another one being built right now. It's pretty exciting to be local to a new drag strip being built. It's going to be a really nice facility too.
Sponsored