Sponsored

Does ford have orders slip through the cracks?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I see people got their cars within a couple of months after ordering in December or so and then some people who ordered and their car was built and just sitting there for 2 months. Did those orders slip through the cracks?

I placed my order in January and it was built April 1 but it seems to have slipped through the cracks and I don't think it will ever come.

What are the workers doing? How do they lose a car?? Eventually won't they just have a pile of mustangs just sitting there and nobody knows what to do with them?

When I was in highschool I'd work at target and lot of times I wouldn't know what to do in certain situations and I'd get tunnel vision and just kinda walk through and hope things sort themselves out, is that what the ford plant workers are doing?
Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Could be waiting for transport, or a chip, or another part. Unfortunately Ford does not provide insights on the specific reason to the customer or dealer.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
You do realize that the Flat Rock assembly plant was closed for a week at the beginning of April. That's why your car is delayed.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Flat Rock was actually closed first two weeks in April. Resuming production this eeek!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Things happen at the plant level, and even in shipping. And none of it gets communicated.

I ordered my '15 on January 2, 2015. I was told 4-6 weeks, it was delivered April 3. No idea what caused the delay, and this was (obviously) before the automotive industry was turned upside down.

Sit back and try to enjoy the wait....

Sponsored

PluckyNow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daphne
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How long is the average time from order to delivery? I ordered mine on 3/31- no delivery date

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
How long is the average time from order to delivery? I ordered mine on 3/31- no delivery date
It can range from as little as 3 months to many months. Lots of factors are involved, if you spend time looking through the many threads and discussions on this forum.

I've documented my recent order to delivery timeline, which was about 12 weeks, and it can be seen at this post below:

Timeline of Order-to-Delivery: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/22-s550-tracking-thread.171280/post-3476158
Sponsored