Sponsored

Does anyone have a Modern Spare for their spare tire set up ?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Man I wish I had my car home. I was supplied two sets of lug nuts. One set are the required lug nuts to secure the spacer to the car. The other set are used to secure the wheel to the spacer. The stock lug nuts are not used at all.

I only need a car and I can confirm fitment.
Well you can play with all you want, the email exchange is clear proof. Your set could very well be for the gt350 and thats how they set it up, but clearly the email doesn't lie.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Well you can play with all you want, the email exchange is clear proof. Your set could very well be for the gt350 and thats how they set it up, but clearly the email doesn't lie.
I am not questioning you, not sure why you keep jumping to that conclusion?

I will call them tomorrow and have a conversation, and to be on record. I will more than likely keep what I have based on curiosity if it will fit. If it does not, I return it. No big deal.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I am not questioning you, not sure why you keep jumping to that conclusion?

I will call them tomorrow and have a conversation, and to be on record. I will more than likely keep what I have based on curiosity if it will fit. If it does not, I return it. No big deal.
Because no matter what I point out you think the outcome is going to be different for you, or that what I am saying is skewed. At the same time from his/their own words its been said I got the wrong spacer, so yes I am jumping to the fact your going to make yours work no matter what cause I did something wrong, or you think its all made up.

Maybe yours will work, and I'm glad if it does, but I am 90% sure you have the same spacer I got, and remember just cause it fits the bolts doesnt mean it will clear the brakes, but I've moved on, I'm looking to see if Automotive Authority has anything yet.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because no matter what I point out you think the outcome is going to be different for you, or that what I am saying is skewed. At the same time from his/their own words its been said I got the wrong spacer, so yes I am jumping to the fact your going to make yours work no matter what cause I did something wrong, or you think its all made up.

Maybe yours will work, and I'm glad if it does, but I am 90% sure you have the same spacer I got, and remember just cause it fits the bolts doesnt mean it will clear the brakes, but I've moved on, I'm looking to see if Automotive Authority has anything yet.

I only tried to help you from minute one. You obviously needed help trying to figure out how to use a spacer.

The spacer may not be the right one, I never said that it was. What I said is my curiosity wants to know if it will work. The only way to know is to try. Since you didn't, I will. Forgive me for trying to help someone, my bad.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Jaime, Is there no one near you with a GT500 to do a fit check?

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, Is there no one near you with a GT500 to do a fit check?
Unfortunately no. I think I’ll post on Fakebook to find out and ask if anyone wants to help.

It may not fit, but it also might (who knows). I will want to know before I go through the bother of returning it, and starting over, that’s all.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I only tried to help you from minute one. You obviously needed help trying to figure out how to use a spacer.

The spacer may not be the right one, I never said that it was. What I said is my curiosity wants to know if it will work. The only way to know is to try. Since you didn't, I will. Forgive me for trying to help someone, my bad.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
And there you go again! Unless you have mental issues Jamie explain what that bold sentence means? That I dont know how to use a spacer. What am I trying to put the spacer backwards on the hub? Please ENLIGHTEN me where does the spacer go or would you like me to show you where it really should go? Please master show us the proper way the spacer goes, if it doesnt go on the HUB then where does it go? If Tyler says I received the WRONG Spacer, your going to tell me the one that MADE the spacer is wrong too or what he lied to me?

And If your trying to help since minute one as you say, what was I doing sabotaging it by doing it the wrong way and not listening to you? I AGAIN tried to come here and update everyone NICELY and at first you ask me something about who I talked to (BS you talked to the same person) and you asked how i contacted them (BS again as you know the number is on the website) and without any issue I tried ANSWERING you, and what did you do, you without skipping a beat are right back at it again that I didnt do this, I dont know how to use a spacer.

Com'on Jamie Do you really think I am that stupid? And I'm sorry I hurt your feeling snowflake, maybe you should stop assuming people dont know shit and pretend not to be a condescending ass when you claim your helping, its called passive aggressive, where I dont filter my words and I am not politically correct, I call people out on their BS. And trust me you dont want me to open that can.

Jerryrig it and show us all, just because I didnt want to hold the spacer and tire in place to see if it would clear the front and back brakes in my driveway with a floor jack, big effen deal, without the proper spacer in place who the hell cares I wouldn't use it anyway.

The end result is the same out of the box it DIDN'T WORK, THE END, FINAL ANSWER PERIOD. Accept it.

I'm done with this convo, I've said my peace, obviously you have issues with how people do things because they didnt do it your way or maybe its because you couldn't do it to show us all. Stop trying to force people to do things that you want. You want to write me off go ahead I'm not losing sleep over it.

And to the rest of the forum I am truly sorry, but I've had enough being told every which way I dont know what I am doing. This will end here at least for me.

Mike.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I really wanted this to work out and was going to put in an order the minute someone gave the OK. I had looked for spare wheel/tire combinations sized to fit in the tire well, but never found a 19" or 20" that would fit. I never considered an 18" wheel. Not sure how difficult it would be to have a spacer custom built.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I really wanted this to work out and was going to put in an order the minute someone gave the OK. I had looked for spare wheel/tire combinations sized to fit in the tire well, but never found a 19" or 20" that would fit. I never considered an 18" wheel. Not sure how difficult it would be to have a spacer custom built.
Well I kept my '16 CS which was also 18" and was going to try and see if the spacer would have worked (The OEM tire is wider as you can see in the above picture), but no chance of that now. There is another company which I am going to be calling tomorrow, Automotive Authority, and see where they are at. I was waiting on them which was making a spare for the GT500, but have to see what there timeframe is and how they are going about it. Guess for now just have to be careful and live with not having one. if I find anything out I'll let you know.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Took my wheel off, put the spacer over the existing bolts on the hub, thats as far as I got, since the lugnuts they provided didnt fit because it was too small, and my oem lugnuts wouldnt fit through the hole because the hole was too small and couldn't reach the hub bolts.
no dog in this fight...but I think what @Jmeo is trying to say, is the lug nuts USUALLY are not supposed to go on the spacer, only on the wheel.

all the spacers I have ever used (vr4s, Jeep’s, and super duty’s) get regular old nuts/lock washers on the spacer, with the lugnuts going on the wheel.

the only caveat being...unless this particular spacer is a (ahem) cheaper version, not hub centric and needs the centering ability?

...that is all, don’t shoot the messenger :wink:

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
no dog in this fight...but I think what @Jmeo is trying to say, is the lug nuts USUALLY are not supposed to go on the spacer, only on the wheel.

all the spacers I have ever used (vr4s, Jeep’s, and super duty’s) get regular old nuts/lock washers on the spacer, with the lugnuts going on the wheel.

the only caveat being...unless this particular spacer is a (ahem) cheaper version, not hub centric and needs the centering ability?

...that is all, don’t shoot the messenger :wink:
I'm going to explain this one last time and in steps:

0: Remove lugnuts
1: remove flat tire
2: put spacer in place
3: Use oem lugnuts to hold spacer against hub bolts and tighten
4: remove lugnuts on spacer
5: mount tire
6: use lugnuts removed from spacer to hold tire onto spacer
7: tighten nuts
8: turn off TC
9: drive carefully to nearest tire center or home.
10: have a drink the car made it without getting banged up.

Now tell me where I went wrong? Because the lugnuts on the spacer are too small to fit to mount the spacer to the hub bolts, you have no other bolts to use. Jamie wants me to hold the spacer AND the tire against the hub to see if it clears, last I checked NOTHING in the instructions says you have to buy nuts. And when the OEM nuts dont fit through the deep hole which I showed a picture of then your out of options, the OEM bolts are way too big and the bolts on the spacer are way to small so you can even mix and match, No disrespect wingnutt but This isnt my first rodeo, and the kicker of all this is simple: Modern Spare said two things Jamie refuses to listen to:

1: They sent me the wrong spacer
2: There is no extra lugnuts in the kit (Jamie says there are but since he saw my kit from Massachusetts they must have fallen out because Tyler of Modern Spare is wrong)

Maybe we should ask him why is he right and everyone including Modern Spare is wrong.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And there you go again! Unless you have mental issues Jamie explain what that bold sentence means? That I dont know how to use a spacer.

And If your trying to help since minute one as you say, what was I doing sabotaging it by doing it the wrong way and not listening to you? I AGAIN tried to come here and update everyone NICELY and at first you ask me something about who I talked to (BS you talked to the same person) and you asked how i contacted them (BS again as you know the number is on the website) and without any issue I tried ANSWERING you, and what did you do, you without skipping a beat are right back at it again that I didnt do this, I dont know how to use a spacer.

Com'on Jamie Do you really think I am that stupid? And I'm sorry I hurt your feeling snowflake, maybe you should stop assuming people dont know shit and pretend not to be a condescending ass when you claim your helping, its called passive aggressive, where I dont filter my words and I am not politically correct, I call people out on their BS. And trust me you dont want me to open that can.

Jerryrig it and show us all, just because I didnt want to hold the spacer and tire in place to see if it would clear the front and back brakes in my driveway with a floor jack, big effen deal, without the proper spacer in place who the hell cares I wouldn't use it anyway.

The end result is the same out of the box it DIDN'T WORK, THE END, FINAL ANSWER PERIOD. Accept it.

I'm done with this convo, I've said my peace, obviously you have issues with how people do things because they didnt do it your way or maybe its because you couldn't do it to show us all. Stop trying to force people to do things that you want. You want to write me off go ahead I'm not losing sleep over it.

And to the rest of the forum I am truly sorry, but I've had enough being told every which way I dont know what I am doing. This will end here at least for me.

Mike.
I'm going to explain this one last time and in steps:

0: Remove lugnuts
1: remove flat tire
2: put spacer in place
3: Use oem lugnuts to hold spacer against hub bolts and tighten
4: remove lugnuts on spacer
5: mount tire
6: use lugnuts removed from spacer to hold tire onto spacer
7: tighten nuts
8: turn off TC
9: drive carefully to nearest tire center or home.
10: have a drink the car made it without getting banged up.

Now tell me where I went wrong? Because the lugnuts on the spacer are too small to fit to mount the spacer to the hub bolts, you have no other bolts to use. Jamie wants me to hold the spacer AND the tire against the hub to see if it clears, last I checked NOTHING in the instructions says you have to buy nuts. And when the OEM nuts dont fit through the deep hole which I showed a picture of then your out of options, the OEM bolts are way too big and the bolts on the spacer are way to small so you can even mix and match, No disrespect wingnutt but This isnt my first rodeo, and the kicker of all this is simple: Modern Spare said two things Jamie refuses to listen to:

1: They sent me the wrong spacer
2: There is no extra lugnuts in the kit (Jamie says there are but since he saw my kit from Massachusetts they must have fallen out because Tyler of Modern Spare is wrong)

Maybe we should ask him why is he right and everyone including Modern Spare is wrong.
Ok, you want answers? You previously said you were done, and I was very happy about that. Ok.

Why do I think you have no clue how to use a spacer? Well, one would only have to read every post you wrote. But to make it easy for you

47247602-3ED0-49F4-ACBB-6AB4504310A6.jpeg

E7371070-4625-4F38-AE85-306F580D34CB.jpeg

You can’t seem to understand the OEM lug nuts do NOT get used to mount the spacer. period, end of story. In some cases, the OEM lug nuts may be used to mount the spare to the spacer, but only if the spacer has the OEM size wheel studs pressed into them. These do not which is why they came with specific lug nuts to secure the wheel to the spacer.

I very nicely suggested the possibility that the lug nuts that are needed could have fallen out of the package during shipping to you (mine almost did).

815B6DD2-CFA0-475D-B06D-B2F62A1CE133.jpeg

Oh, would you look at that. My original picture posted shows both the lug nuts on the spacer (for mounting the wheel to the spacer), AND the required lug nuts to mount the spacer to the hub.

It was obvious to me and most of us I’m sure what the problem was from the get go. You did not have the required lug nuts. You couldn’t seem to figure that out, hence the not knowing how to use a spacer comment.

Its not my way of doing it, it’s the only way. Someone even posted a link to the missing lug nuts you needed, but all you wanted to do was complain that they were more money than I said they cost. Well they are from that place, but are cheaper most everywhere in else. I will say the ones linked are a better quality, and are worth the lousy $28.

I asked if you held the tire up to the spacer while it was sitting on the wheel studs only to ask if the wheel cleared the caliper. Why? Because this is what we all want to know. I did not ask a tough question.It was a yes or no answer. I did not expect you to drive to the quickly mart and get a donut.

Not one time did I suggest the spacer is definitely the right one. I only meant it IS possible the spacer would work, period. Knock off the crap about me not hearing what you said Tyler said. Trust me, we all saw what you wrote.

While we are at it. I asked for the name and number of who you spoke to so I could speak to the same person you did. No I’ll intentions, period. I figured I could jar his memory when I mentioned you.

You obviously have a hair across your ass for some reason, or you can not interpret plain English (I sometimes have this problem). I honestly do not care what you do, or don’t do. I will check for fitment before I post gibberish and immediately go through the hassle to package it all up and ship back.

It’s very possible this will not fit, I’m not trying to say otherwise. I will find out for myself, and share for the people who are still interested.

Take care Mike.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ok, you want answers? You previously said you were done, and I was very happy about that. Ok.

Why do I think you have no clue how to use a spacer? Well, one would only have to read every post you wrote. But to make it easy for you

47247602-3ED0-49F4-ACBB-6AB4504310A6.jpeg

E7371070-4625-4F38-AE85-306F580D34CB.jpeg

You can’t seem to understand the OEM lug nuts do NOT get used to mount the spacer. period, end of story. In some cases, the OEM lug nuts may be used to mount the spare to the spacer, but only if the spacer has the OEM size wheel studs pressed into them. These do not which is why they came with specific lug nuts to secure the wheel to the spacer.

I very nicely suggested the possibility that the lug nuts that are needed could have fallen out of the package during shipping to you (mine almost did).

815B6DD2-CFA0-475D-B06D-B2F62A1CE133.jpeg

Oh, would you look at that. My original picture posted shows both the lug nuts on the spacer (for mounting the wheel to the spacer), AND the required lug nuts to mount the spacer to the hub.

It was obvious to me and most of us I’m sure what the problem was from the get go. You did not have the required lug nuts. You couldn’t seem to figure that out, hence the not knowing how to use a spacer comment.

Its not my way of doing it, it’s the only way. Someone even posted a link to the missing lug nuts you needed, but all you wanted to do was complain that they were more money than I said they cost. Well they are from that place, but are cheaper most everywhere in else. I will say the ones linked are a better quality, and are worth the lousy $28.

I asked if you held the tire up to the spacer while it was sitting on the wheel studs only to ask if the wheel cleared the caliper. Why? Because this is what we all want to know. I did not ask a tough question.It was a yes or no answer. I did not expect you to drive to the quickly mart and get a donut.

Not one time did I suggest the spacer is definitely the right one. I only meant it IS possible the spacer would work, period. Knock off the crap about me not hearing what you said Tyler said. Trust me, we all saw what you wrote.

While we are at it. I asked for the name and number of who you spoke to so I could speak to the same person you did. No I’ll intentions, period. I figured I could jar his memory when I mentioned you.

You obviously have a hair across your ass for some reason, or you can not interpret plain English (I sometimes have this problem). I honestly do not care what you do, or don’t do. I will check for fitment before I post gibberish and immediately go through the hassle to package it all up and ship back.

It’s very possible this will not fit, I’m not trying to say otherwise. I will find out for myself, and share for the people who are still interested.

Take care Mike.
1: They sent me the wrong spacer (AS PER TYLER)
2: There is no extra lugnuts in the kit (AS PER Tyler of Modern Spare CLEARLY TOLD ME THIS ON THE PHONE ON 6/23/2021) IF HE SAYS OTHERWISE HE'S LYING.

Can you Read those two lines, or should I make it larger so you see it?
I heard you and understood you, Do you understand me?
Tyler/Modern Spare I asked this question, what was the answer Please READ #2.
I ASKED THIS 3 TIMES, I EVEN TOLD HIM WHAT YOU SAID, HE SAID NO MY KIT DIDNT HAVE EXTRA LUGNUTS. SO TAKE IT UP WITH HIM.
Lastly My box wasnt damaged or had holes in it where it would have fallen out, so I guess they are invisible or they magically disappeared, or better yet the FedEx driver knew I was getting a spare tire, opened it up, took the nuts out and repackaged it back up like nothing happened. I guess the picture showing it in the box to go back you see all the holes in the box where it could have fallen out because the box was so damaged, its a miracle it even made it to me.

Your right Jamie, there Happy?
You clearly dont want to read so fine.
You win you are correct.

I hope this isnt too much gibberish for you to understand you condescending asshat, so you go ahead and play all you want, and if it fits great for you, if it doesnt too bad for you.

Take care, enjoy your car.
Sponsored