Sponsored

Does anyone have a Modern Spare for their spare tire set up ?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I said I was done helping, but I’m not lol.

I’m going to assume here, so don’t shoot me, but it’s probable that the correct nuts WERE included and simply fell out during shipping.

I just got home from work and I have everything needed included. I will say the package was beet up pretty good (thanks Fedex) and split open in a couple of spots. My guess is they fell out of Mike’s package enroute.

9E0DE0B4-B446-4B90-BB0B-183711E3E8A7.jpeg

D0D49082-FBA6-49CD-8D7A-C65CA1A6E37E.jpeg

326CC9DB-73F2-421D-A5B2-236A07DA61CA.jpeg

I am not sure what’s going around lately, but I think I’m gonna take a break for a while. People are awful testy.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
As I am not going to quote anyone I am going to give everyone the answer. I did this as a favor for everyone, and because it didn't work, its being questioned on every level, I am not an ass and I know what I am doing, so don't question my capabilities and what I feel should be, not what I should accept.

Having said that, I spoke to Tyler and he apologized in email and on the phone and has said to me I was sent the WRONG spacer, and he will be sending out the correct spacer right away, to which I told him thank you.

So when the NEW CORRECT Spacer gets here, I will again attempt this for all to see. And if you dont care to see, then scroll past it.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Modernspare will make it right. I agreed to use two cars as prototypes for them. We had to go through two fittings on each car over a 2-3 week period. Both cars needed alternate spacers after the first test fitting. Each car is using the same 18” spare wheel. One car has 21” wheels, the other has 20” with large calipers. It took an 1 1/2” spacer on the 20” wheel but it works. Two kits for under $800 was not bad.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Modernspare will make it right. I agreed to use two cars as prototypes for them. We had to go through two fittings on each car over a 2-3 week period. Both cars needed alternate spacers after the first test fitting. Each car is using the same 18” spare wheel. On car has 21” wheels, the other has 20” with large calipers. It took an 1 1/2” spacer on the 20” wheel but it works. Two kits for under $800 was not bad.
Well as I said, Tyler said I was sent the wrong spacer, as much as thats a pain and annoying, I at least can accept that we are all human and make mistakes, and he basically told me I have two choices, if I want to keep the kit he would send me the correct spacer, if I didnt want the kit, he gave me a call tag to return it on top of this he apologized for the screw up, I can accept the apology as we are all human, and am willing to wait for the right spacer to be sent.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Update. Since it's been a week and I didnt get any tracking number or any info I decided to call Tyler back and see what the status was. I was first told that they had no response from the supplier of the spacer and that he will send a msg to the supplier of the spacer and see what the status is and get back to me. I said thats fine, I said I would give him until Friday to get a hold of him and to please get back to me on Friday with a status. His response was Friday huh? Hold on I'll find out right now, about a minute later he comes back and says "I'm sorry to say but it seems our supplier dropped the ball on this one and we will have to find another supplier to provide us with the spacer". My response was "So your telling me you have no supplier and you have no eta as to when this spacer is going to be made?" His response was I was correct. So I told him that I wasn't going to wait and keep a spare tire with no eta for using it.

This is where the conversation took a tone turn that I did not appreciate and why I dont have a clue. He tells me I have the option to return the whole package and receive a refund and he would send me a return label, I told I didn't need one as he had sent me one as an option last week, then he proceeds to tell me that the package needs to be return packed well and any damage I would have to pay for. Seriously?? Was my thought process. I told him that I would pack it back up in the box it came in, and ANY damage that occurs in transit is the sole responsibility of FedEx and Him. I know this might not sound off but if you heard the convo it struck me odd.

So I boxed it back up and before I closed it I took pictures, taped it up and before heading to FedEx I took pictures and emailed it to him showing him the condition of the inside and of the outside of the box before handing it to FedEx and told him its out of my hands.

So at this point I will not be able to give anyone any idea if it fits or not as I did not like any of this experience and the fact there is no clue when a spacer is going to be available. Just thought I would let everyone know instead of making anyone wait for something that isn't going to happen. I even have my credit card company on standby in the event I need to open a dispute due to this damage comment.

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
You have the patience of a saint. Certainly sounds like a sham company to me I will not be doing business with thank you for sharing your experience and sorry that you’ve gone through this much hassle already.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike, do you have a picture of the spacer that came in your kit?
I did, but I deleted it, and the only one I have now is this one which i took before I closed up the box.

2021-06-30 17.30.29.jpg

And if I am right your looking to see if the number on the left is the same as yours.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Actually here are two more pictures if it helps you but i doubt it. Ignore the tire on the right that was my '16 CS spare which I was going to try with the spacer.

2021-06-23 13.46.24.jpg

2021-06-23 13.46.13.jpg

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And if I am right your looking to see if the number on the left is the same as yours.
Yes, that was my idea. Can you PM or text me the contact number that you used and the contact name?

I am a little confused by what I have been reading if we even know if the spacer I have is the right one or not. Weren't you only missing the correct lug nuts? how was the decision made that the spacer is wrong?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that was my idea. Can you PM or text me the contact number that you used and the contact name?

I am a little confused by what I have been reading if we even know if the spacer I have is the right one or not. Weren't you only missing the correct lug nuts? how was the decision made that the spacer is wrong?
If memory serves me correctly your spacer number I'm 90% sure was the same as mine. How this came about was obviously when I tried to see if this was going to work as everyone has suspicions including me, I set out to do this, and when there was no way to make it fit I called the number on the website left a voicemail and then left a msg through their website, here is the actual email:

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 12:38 PM Modern Spare <[email protected]> wrote:

Email :xxxx

Phone : XXXXX

Message Body: The spare purchased for my 2020 Shelby GT500 mustang needs to be returned. It does not fit, even though Tyler assured me this was tested 2 weeks before it was shipped out because he said the spacer had to be re-done. I couldnt get past the spacer getting mounted to the car. When you call I will explain further.

--
This e-mail was sent from a contact form on modern spare (https://modernspare.wpengine.com/Contact-us)

Their response:

Hello, Mike

We are very sorry about this. We have attached a return label. Please affix it to the package and when ready, let us know, and we will have FedEx come and retrieve it from your doorstep. We will process a full refund for you. It may be that we did send the incorrect spacer after all. Again we apologize for this.

I didn't see this email and called the number again and got Tyler again (I think it's just him and no one else) and he told me he sent an email to me but that I got the wrong spacer. He told me he would send out the correct spacer. I said fine as I said in my post I was okay with that as we are all human and make mistakes. Then when you mentioned about the extra lugnuts I called him back and said I was sorry but I brought up about the extra lugnuts in the box and he told me there were no extra lugnuts, to me to translates to that the new spacer more than likely had the holes for the actual bolts wider to accommodate the OEM lugnuts to hold the spacer in place and the lugnuts on the spacer was for the spare tire.

This was the last email I got last week:

Hey Mike

Just to clarify, we will be happy to send out the correct spacer if you would prefer to keep the kit. No need to return the old spacer. The Refund option with this label will be only if you had decided to not keep the kit.

Thanks again

This was my response until todays exchange:

Please let me know when this spacer will be sent out and if possible a tracking number.

Hope this clarifies things for you Jamie, and sorry for snapping, but clearly I knew something wasn't right.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info Mike, but I am still confused. Did you slip the spacer over the stock studs at all? Thats what I need to know.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info Mike, but I am still confused. Did you slip the spacer over the stock studs at all? Thats what I need to know.
Took my wheel off, put the spacer over the existing bolts on the hub, thats as far as I got, since the lugnuts they provided didnt fit because it was too small, and my oem lugnuts wouldnt fit through the hole because the hole was too small and couldn't reach the hub bolts.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Took my wheel off, put the spacer over the existing bolts on the hub, thats as far as I got, since the lugnuts they provided didnt fit because it was too small, and my oem lugnuts wouldnt fit through the hole because the hole was too small and couldn't reach the hub bolts.
Man I wish I had my car home. I was supplied two sets of lug nuts. One set are the required lug nuts to secure the spacer to the car. The other set are used to secure the wheel to the spacer. The stock lug nuts are not used at all.

I only need a car and I can confirm fitment.
Sponsored