Sponsored

Dodge Challenger Demon

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
This is a awesome straight line car, Wonder how it will do on the bends haha. I feel that Ford does not have to go up against this they just have to up the Hellcat not the Demon. If they wanted to go for the Demon just bring the Cobra Jet and fine tune it and you are there. I want Ford to take down the Hellcat and ZL1.
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Ironic that it is a drag strip car that is not allowed on the drag strip without first adding a roll cage...

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Ironic that it is a drag strip car that is not allowed on the drag strip without first adding a roll cage...
Not terribly hard to add a cage considering the lack of passenger and rear seats. This should come in cheaper than the CJ, COPO and Drag Pak racers and still be street legal as well. Not going to find a 9 second car off the showroom floor with factory support even if you break it at the track.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wonder if they'll have any reliability issues with 840HP
I'd be wiling to bet it's UNDER stressed and by a good margin. The Hellcat bare block is theoretically good for 1500+ HP right off the floor. And at 900 RWHP, the factory longblock hardly skips a beat. Say what you want about cast iron blocks but the modern interpretations are just insanely durable.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Nice. Pretty cool.

Ok, Ford, make those Cobra Jets road legal. No pressure.

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
I'd be wiling to bet it's UNDER stressed and by a good margin. The Hellcat bare block is theoretically good for 1500+ HP right off the floor. And at 900 RWHP, the factory longblock hardly skips a beat. Say what you want about cast iron blocks but the modern interpretations are just insanely durable.
What about the driveshaft? I saw a video on youtube of a guy who took his brand new hellcat to drag strip and after couple of passes he blew his driveshaft.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
What about the driveshaft? I saw a video on youtube of a guy who took his brand new hellcat to drag strip and after couple of passes he blew his driveshaft.
They did upgrade the DS for 16 models after 15's snapping all over the place but even with the upgraded DS there is a chance you could destroy that thing on slicks on a prepped surface with a 16 or newer HC. Demon got it's own to deal with the power.

Slicks and DS upgrade is the only thing you need with a HC and if you can drive you are running 10's all day long.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The same thing could be said about Mustangs and their garbage half shafts though too. I would imagine they have tested again and again and again. THis is a very purpose built car. Just like the GT350's brakes refuse to give up. Purpose built. What tires were on that Hellcat? Drag radials significantly increase break risk exponentially regardless of the car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ford won't try to reply to the Demon, they are onto other avenues. If GM by chance buys out Dodge, maybe then it would put the hammer down, but until then, its something Ford is willing to let Dodge have all of.

Sponsored

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
badass! Turn-key, street legal, drag car. Good job Dodge. Can't wait to see how much the vulture dealerships mark these things up.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I N S A N E! 9.65 ET, Sub 3 second 0-60...for a dollar you can add the front passenger seat and for another dollar you can add the rear seat. Not only is the car bad as hell, but the marketing team knocked it outta the park!!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The GT500 was the badass on the block for a long time at 682hp.

Also remember that the Demon is STILL heavier than a S550 by at least a few hundred pounds, not even counting stripping the passenger and rear seats as well as radio, so Ford doesn't need some crazy power numbers to make something fast.

On a personal note hp wars are not appealing to me as a consumer; an all around good car is. BFD (big flippin deal) it can do a wheelie and in the 9s. Unless you're Vin Diesel who gives 2 flying about a straight line for a few seconds to drop probably close to or over 6 figures...? It may be a fun (guesstimate) $100k toy car to take out every now and then or kept in garages somewhere never driven.

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The GT500 was the badass on the block for a long time at 662hp.

Also remember that the Demon is STILL heavier than a S550 by at least a few hundred pounds, not even counting stripping the passenger and rear seats as well as radio, so Ford doesn't need some crazy power numbers to make something fast.

On a personal note hp wars are not appealing to me as a consumer; an all around good car is. BFD (big flippin deal) it can do a wheelie and in the 9s. Unless you're Vin Diesel who gives 2 flying about a straight line for a few seconds to drop probably close to or over 6 figures...? It may be a fun (guesstimate) $100k toy car to take out every now and then or kept in garages somewhere never driven.
Fixed

Dodge also made it very clear that the Demon doesn't appeal to everyone and it's not supposed to.

BG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford F150, '17 Lincoln MKZ
Plenty of people not named Vin Diesel love going fast in a straight line. Don't hate just because it's not for you. A 9 second, factory, street legal car is impressive, especially being a heavy car. I would rather play around in a Demon than an "all around" car any day.
Sponsored