Sponsored

Dodge Challenger Demon

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Damn!

I'd love to see a 6.2L punched out to 7.0L with twin turbos stuffed in a 500-production run 2019 Mustang Boss 429 go up against that.

The muscle wars just got kicked into the steroid wars!!!

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
Great specs, would be interesting to see how it handles all that power on track.

Did anyone notice, the drag car has puny front tires compared to the ones shown elsewhere in video?

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
To bad only 3000 are being made and I'm sure they will be over 100k lol

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Its got my interest....can't wait to see some real life feedback from owners once these hit the market.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Ford has nothing to prove with the time. They may feel compelled to compete for power supremacy. IMO they should stick to beating the ZL1-1LE with the upcoming halo car. I'd like to see a NA power plant at the 650-700 hp mark with excellent all around performance.

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Wow, just wow. Now as I am about to go to bed, I am thinking how I am going to explain to my wife why I have a chub. =)

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Great specs, would be interesting to see how it handles all that power on track.

Did anyone notice, the drag car has puny front tires compared to the ones shown elsewhere in video?
Yes, skinny tires for the strip and the wide tires for the street. It comes with a jack and kit to change the tires out at the strip

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The purpose of a sporty car is to go fast, be fun, and look cool doing it.

In those regards, I'm thinking the demon has everyone beat.

It just does.

The zl1 is defeated. Brutally.

The mustang doesn't yet have a challenger to these two. So we will see.

But as much as some cry "I just want..," or "I'll be happy with..."

Idk. I want a car worthy of bragging about and one that will whoop the guy challenging me with his choice of competition.

The demon owner knows that he will stomp anybody, stock or modded. Literally over 99 percent of the cars out there.

That's some serious bragging rights.

Excuse me for saying, but I don't want something that good enough anymore. I'm sick of that. I want something excellent. Something great even. Dodge shot for greatness. They e secured it. Chevy shot for greatness with the zl1. For the most part they've secured it. The gt350 is great. But it's not the top model.

The mustang can match the demon in hp easily no matter which method of forced induction. But the torque will be down over 100 ft-lbs. that can be made up for with a weight reduction.

So it's entirely possible for the elite mustang to exceed the demons performance. And whoop the zl1 at the track on the same day.

Whatever was testing behind the zl1 recently, it needs to far exceed that car. Not match it. Not best it in acceleration but lose on the track. Not win in comers but lose in a straight line. It needs to handle business. Dominantly.

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
I wonder if they'll have any reliability issues with 840HP

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Ford's focus was not a drag strip car with the GT350. Maybe the 429 will address the drag strip (fingers crossed). Ford focused on a better handling Mustang and to prove the point a Mustang can handle any road course, they designed the GT350.

If Ford wants to create a drag monster, they will and it will be the best one. Seeing if they do is the question. I think it's just crazy to compare any current Mustang to the Demon because of the goal in mind. Two different agendas by two different companies resulted in two very different products.
Sponsored