Sponsored

Dodge Challenger Demon

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I watched the whole event. I don't care if it only goes fast in one direction. I like how Dodge made it very clear that this car has a dual purpose and those purposes aren't for everyone. It gives the Demon an identity and true character.
Sponsored

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
Dodge challenger Demon launch video

[ame]

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I watched the whole event. I don't care if it only goes fast in one direction. I like how Dodge made it very clear that this car has a dual purpose and those purposes aren't for everyone. It gives the Demon an identity and true character.
I laughed when they took a shot at everyone and their autonomous cars :lol:

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
:15 - :25

That's a candid statement I can really appreciate with everyone so concerned about corner carving these days.
I do agree I like Tim and his performance focus. I hope they do something and revolutionize the viper and bring it back in some form. I wonder how many people will actually be able to hit that 9 sec slip?! Its kind of a bummer though that they didn't make a removable cage or something. Show up make 1 or 2 runs and get kicked would be a bit of a bummer.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So... dodge of all companies... just embarrassed the big boy exotics costing many times more. Not to mention it slaps the vette around and makes it do the challengers laundry. That's crazy.

Dodge? The boat known as the challenger? Wow.

I'd LOVE to see Ford step up and lay the snack down. They could easily produce a KR THAT MAKES 1000 HP and claim the performance crown. Chevy isn't even competitive at all.

If Ford releases the ecoboost 8 in s meaningful timeframe, they'll take the crown.

If it's just a supercharged 5.0, it won't. Even s 5.2 would struggle.

A twin turbo 5.2 would stomp.

The only way a supercharged halo car is acceptable is if it's based on larger displacement...

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Love it, I'm not a drag guy but I can respect a company building a car for one purpose.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Ford and Chevy have all the capabilities to make a car Fast and or Faster than the Demon. Question is.. do they want to? Im guessing the answer is no.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The thing to remember with this car too is that it is SPECIFICALLY a street strip car and its hardware shows it. That receipt wouldn't happen without literally every piece of engineering involved from the front shocks to the tires, the skinnies, the weight reduction...everything. It has one goal in mind. Just like the GT350R has one goal in mind. It's a road car for the road course: super lightweight wheels, very specific corner grabbing tires, intelligent shocks, weight reduction, transmission choice, fluid coolers for endurance etc etc. And I like that about the Demon, it knows what it is and what it isn't. The GT350R knows what it is and what it isn't just as much. And that is a good thing for both of them.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford and Chevy have all the capabilities to make a car Fast and or Faster than the Demon. Question is.. do they want to? Im guessing the answer is no.

Of course they do. It just depends on conflicts with core values.

Plus, chevy doesn't have the ecoboost tech.

Ford can do it easier than chevy. We just need to be patient to see what they've been cooking