Sponsored

Do you want Black Rims with your Performance Package?

Do you want High Glass Black Rims with your Performance Package

• Total voters

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Yep. Everyone is wondering why in the world Ford is pushing black rims on everyone.
Actually they are just pushing them on the manual GT PP owners. Some of the rest of us actually want them that don't fall in that narrow group.
Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
IMO black rims should never be included in any package.

They should just be a stand alone option that you can swap to for extra $$$.

I'm also getting Magnetic, but I want those gun metal looking rims on the GT.
Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to say you want a choice in wheels for no cost and then say this?

We get it man you hate black wheels... paint them, swap them, or go aftermarket :hitcomputer:

Sponsored

J50

Threads
Reaction score
Or tweet a Ford executive and encourage him to make a wrong right.
Yep, not to harp on it...but there should be a silver choice.

That's how it's done with the Z51 package. Black wheels are a $400 up charge.

Standard M3/M4 wheels are silver 18s. Optional 19s available in black or silver for $1200.

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I want the black rims as a option for non performance package. Probably can buy from the dealer anyways, but will be annoying since they wont fit on stock GT tires, would have to buy new tires.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
In general it really seems like they need to offer more wheel options/flexibility.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to say you want a choice in wheels for no cost and then say this?

We get it man you hate black wheels... paint them, swap them, or go aftermarket :hitcomputer:
Nope. If black rims are standard then there should be a no charge swap to a normal color.

Black rims should have been an up charge add on not in the PP

Sponsored

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
I'm ok with black but having the option works for me. I'll be buying lighter wheels for track duty and those will probably be silver :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I´m seriously considering dropping the Performance Package all together and spending my money on aftermarket suspension, brakes and wheels. Ford is really dropping the ball with these hideous black wheels.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I´m seriously considering dropping the Performance Package all together and spending my money on aftermarket suspension, brakes and wheels. Ford is really dropping the ball with these hideous black wheels.
Or remove hideous black paint. Afterall it's just paint right?
:shrug:

Stephen

Threads
Reaction score
I still am confused - somthing does not add up! I think there is a typo in the order sheet:

Ecoboost(R) Performance Package:
() 19" x 9" High gloss black painted aluminum wheels

GT Performance Package (Fastback only)
() 19" x 9" (F) 19" x 9" (R) High gloss black aluminum wheels

Order guide:

attachment.jpg

Those in the upper right ain't black to my eye, and haven't looked black in any photos I have seen. Gunmetal? Maybe. Black? Not. What say you who have seen those wheels in person?

Motortrend:
This 2015 Mustang, the first that any journalists have gotten a ride in yet, is (almost) the nimblest package that will be offered -- 305-plus horses from the 2.3-liter turbo and the performance package, but the six-speed paddle-shifted automatic is probably not the nimblest transmission.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1405_2015_ford_mustang_ecoboost_first_ride/#ixzz31s67ZmPn
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Rear Side View

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Rear Side View

Those are consistent with the order book picture, which is not the description in the 67E package. They don't look black.

I think ONLY THE GT gets black wheels everyone (myself included) is grumping about. Or maybe those Ecoboost PP wheels are black underneath the paint. :crazy:

If the pictures are correct with the PP inner workings - I am good to go on an EB+PP.

Stephen

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Or remove hideous black paint. Afterall it's just paint right?
:shrug:
Neh, I don´t see the point in paying Ford for a wheel I don´t want and then pay a powder coater again to fix it.
Sponsored