Sponsored

Do you want Black Rims with your Performance Package?

Do you want High Glass Black Rims with your Performance Package

• Total voters

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So looks like Ford is forcing 19" High Gloss Black Rims on us with the Performance Package (67E or 67G).

Taking a poll to see what people want...whether it's black, the premium painted aluminum or an option to choose (and not be charged extra if you don't want the black rims).

You have the option to vote for more then 1 (if you want to pick 1 or 2 (not both) and then 3 also.
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Not totally on board with your poll options. The Premium Paint Aluminum are not equivalent to the PP wheels. They are only 8.5" wide. The PP wheels are staggered 9" and 9.5". I would not want the former on my PP equipped GT even if it was an option.

I'm fine with the design of the PP wheels, I simply want the option to choose a color other than black! Silver or gunmetal would be fine.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Not totally on board with your poll options. The Premium Paint Aluminum are not equivalent to the PP wheels. They are only 8.5" wide. The PP wheels are staggered 9" and 9.5". I would not want the former on my PP equipped GT even if it was an option.

I'm fine with the design of the PP wheels, I simply want the option to choose a color other than black! Silver or gunmetal would be fine.
The staggered are only on the GT PP. the PP pack on the EB has same rims all the way around.

How do you change the poll and Ill just change option 2 to Silver/Gunmetal 19"

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I want another option, but wouldn't be opposed to paying for it -IF- the option would really cost them more. I want the 20's with a PP, even it loses a smidgeon of performance due to wheel weight, etc. It's just whether or not the 20's actually cost more than the 19's do. I'm betting that it's pretty much a wash though.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
The staggered are only on the GT PP. the PP pack on the EB has same rims all the way around.

How do you change the poll and Ill just change option 2 to Silver/Gunmetal 19"
Yeah, I realize that. But even the EB PP wheels are larger (9") than the "Premium Paint" ones.

Basically my point was that your "No" option was a bit too restrictive. Like I said, the existing PP wheels would be fine with me if there was simply a choice of finish.

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I like the PP wheel design, but I agree they need to have another finish as a choice.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The first time I saw pictures of the black wheels I really didn't care for them. Yet as time went on and I looked at more and more pictures they really grew on me.

I understand that people want choices, especially when it comes to something that costs as much as a new car does, but people have to remember that more choices mean a higher cost.

I also can understand people not liking the black wheels. It certainly is a fad in place right now. What I can't understand is people wanting to swap to larger wheels on the performance pack. Performance pack. I feel this is just as strange as wanting a performance pack on a convertible. For the highest performance you want the smallest wheel you can fit over the brakes. Plus the larger the wheel the smaller the sidewall and more expensive of a tire you're going to run into.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I think we have to consider what actually makes sense for Ford to do. We all want the Mustang to last another 50 years right?

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I think we have to consider what actually makes sense for Ford to do. We all want the Mustang to last another 50 years right?
If you ask me, forcing black wheels as the only option for the PP doesn't make sense for Ford or their customers. Black wheels are clearly a love 'em or hate 'em proposition for most people. If they weren't going to offer more than one choice of finish, then something more neutral (e.g. silver or even the same color as the current Track Pack wheels) would have been a better marketing move, IMO.

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
This is a loaded question as others have said. Having the option would always be the best option. However I do like the black rims so I voted for Yes PP Wheels.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
If no option to live with the PP wheels, I would love to have them charcoalgrey. I really don't like the black wheels on the DIB...

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
If nothing changes on this before release, I could see myself either re-painting or flat out scuffing the paint off of them. I do like the PP design (GT500 look), but the black (gloss or even matte/flat) have to go, at least on the darker exterior colors. They don't look terrible on the lighter colors, but anything from Ruby Red to darker and they just ruin the car.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
While I like the black wheel Ford should give buyers an option.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I want a Triple Yellow or Ingot Silver Premium Trim, Eco-Boost Fastback with the Performance Package, because I want the Extra Guages, but I Do Not want Black Wheels, and I Really want the 50th Anniversary Pkg for the Seats and Wheels. I'll swap out the Grills and Faux Gas Cap myself.