Sponsored

Do you want Black Rims with your Performance Package?

Do you want High Glass Black Rims with your Performance Package

• Total voters

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
I would like 19" versions of the Shelby 10 spoke rims from the 1967 & 1968 GT350s and GT500s. Ones that would fit over the GT Performance Package brakes.
Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I saw one of those in Ann Arbor a couple years ago. Tiny car very cool in a nostalgic way just too small and harsh for me now. Almost 50 years ago I saw one of the originals in LA at a used car lot.

I really would like to have em in white. Like the FR500s I stripped and had powdercoated for my FFR Coupe.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Not a fan of black wheels. If the wheel is a nice design, the details are lost. Also, no matter how clean a tire is, they all look a bit dirty to me on a black wheel.

I'm thinking of either a CO, TY, or Race Red ecoboost to go along w/ my yellow 93 special edition. I would like a set of the PP GTs in chrome, personally. I really liked the 'gangsta' chrome Roush offerings on recent Mustangs.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
"Oh gee, JoeDogInKC... I guess you did have information to back up your post." :p

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
SEX. I'd hurt innocent puppies for your car. Everyone and their mom builds a Cobra.
I sold it to get a 2015 GT with PP. Wasnt getting used as a track car like I intended so I sold it to a guy that will use it for that. Factory Five just came out with a 289 FiA bodied Cobra that I intend to build after the GT is paid off.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I would love to strip the paint off the 19'' performance package wheels and clearcoat them to an aluminum finish. Think it would work?

probably awesome.
What wheel is at the top banner page of this forum? They look like the PP wheels but gunmetal, not black. They have a nice metal reflection, not a plain gloss color.

Yes exactly !! would love to see Ford come out with this color option in the future for the PP wheels. I just wonder what they would look like......sigh

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
The only thing I really Hate about the 2015 Mustang, besides My Obvious HATE of the Black Wheels on the Performance Package is the 3 Center A/C Vents on Cars without the Performance Package. Since the first time I saw them all I can think of is Blinky the 3 Eyed Fish from The Simpsons. Honestly that was the main reason I wanted the Performance Package, just to get the Center Gages and loose that 3rd "Eye". But since Ford has seen fit to Change the Performance Package wheels from the Gunmetal Color they Initially Showed on All of the Original Release Cars to those Horrible Black Wheels, I'm kinda stuck with Blinky. It really Sucks, because out of all the wheel Designs, the Gunmetal Eco-Boost Performance Package Wheels were my favorite, besides the Limited Edition Wheels.
Aside from the fact you prove my point about people and wheels lol why don't you just ask your dealer if he'll give you a deal an a new set of wheels and tires when you order? there are also going to be lots of people wanting black wheels or selling their other oem wheels as well. Especially since wheels are much easier to change than the Dash.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
My Biggest Complaint is that, as I Said, I Really Liked the Gunmetal Performance Package Wheels (Not just the Color, but the Design as well) and I Do Not Like Aftermarket Wheels. Believe me, I'm seriously contemplating getting the Performance Package and taking the Wheels to a place here in Tampa that Repairs and Refinishes Wheels and have them Refinished in Gunmetal.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I'm not saying go aftermarket but get something OEM from the dealer or forum member. Getting them refinished in Gunmetal is another option. Just depends on which option you like better.

Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
My Biggest Complaint is that, as I Said, I Really Liked the Gunmetal Performance Package Wheels (Not just the Color, but the Design as well) and I Do Not Like Aftermarket Wheels. Believe me, I'm seriously contemplating getting the Performance Package and taking the Wheels to a place here in Tampa that Repairs and Refinishes Wheels and have them Refinished in Gunmetal.
might have to see if we can get a group buy going on that.

beers

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Lot's of cars had black wheels at Lime Rock today, just sayin'
DSCN2011.jpg
DSCN2015.jpg
DSCN2065.jpg

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
There were gunmetal PP wheels? Is that the image I posted above on our forum banner? I'd guess these must have been a cancelled item or something?

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
There were gunmetal PP wheels? Is that the image I posted above and our forum banner? Id sothese must have been a cancelled item or something?
dont think anyone will know till they hit the dealerships..

interesting not one eb with pp was seen in all the photos from job 1 marketing tread..

hurry up and wait.

beers
Sponsored