Sponsored

Do you want Black Rims with your Performance Package?

Do you want High Glass Black Rims with your Performance Package

• Total voters

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
I hate black wheels. 99 times out of 100 they make cars look cheaper, older and rattier to me. I'll definitely still get the PP, but the wheels will be getting painted, powdercoated, or swapped out pretty quickly. REALLY wish Ford would let you choose different wheels with the PP, a couple of the other designs look great IMO (and the GT PP wheels would looks great if they were silver).
Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I hate black wheels. 99 times out of 100 they make cars look cheaper, older and rattier to me. I'll definitely still get the PP, but the wheels will be getting painted, powdercoated, or swapped out pretty quickly. REALLY wish Ford would let you choose different wheels with the PP, a couple of the other designs look great IMO (and the GT PP wheels would looks great if they were silver).

I don't dislike black wheels on dark colored cars. But this time around I want a white car with PP so I'll be replacing the wheels which I would in any case with wheels that are colored if not silver. :thumbsup:

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Don't forget People...Those PP Blacks will be hard to sell, after the few of us looking for a set, get them...So act fast and get yours lined up to be delivered to their new owner's-->:D

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
Don't forget People...Those PP Blacks will be hard to sell, after the few of us looking for a set, get them...So act fast and get yours lined up to be delivered to their new owner's-->:D

Every Mustang I see with BLACK WHEELS looks as If It was parked
to close to Downtown and the HUB CAPS WERE STOLEN. (UGLY)

Sponsored

billy the k

billy the k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 base GT/Ingot silver/6spd MT/PP/Recaros
My longtime preference in rims has been a robust 5-spoke design with a brushed aluminum type finish, so like many folks I was initially put off by the necessity of getting these black rims when ordering the Performance Package. *For a while, I even considered dropping the PP just to be able to get more attractive [or less*unattractive wheels]. *But I was unable to justify what I'd be giving up in order to just get a better looking set of wheels: *I didn't want to settle for*excellent brakes if I could get the car with phenomenal brakes [those 15"*Brembos]. And I speculated that every time I did some fast cornering I'd be thinking: wouldn't this have been better with that Torsen differential? *I decided the performance factor had to come first. *And then, to my surprise, my girl saw the various shots of the Ingot Silver GT with those 19" black rims and instantly preferred them!
And after another few days of back-and-forth visual comparisons, I finally felt my own evaluation shift, *and now they really do look pretty damn good to me.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

I really would like to have em in white. Like the FR500s I stripped and had powdercoated for my FFR Coupe.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
My longtime preference in rims has been a robust 5-spoke design with a brushed aluminum type finish, so like many folks I was initially put off by the necessity of getting these black rims when ordering the Performance Package. *For a while, I even considered dropping the PP just to be able to get more attractive [or less*unattractive wheels]. *But I was unable to justify what I'd be giving up in order to just get a better looking set of wheels: *I didn't want to settle for*excellent brakes if I could get the car with phenomenal brakes [those 15"*Brembos]. And I speculated that every time I did some fast cornering I'd be thinking: wouldn't this have been better with that Torsen differential? *I decided the performance factor had to come first. *And then, to my surprise, my girl saw the various shots of the Ingot Silver GT with those 19" black rims and instantly preferred them!
And after another few days of back-and-forth visual comparisons, I finally felt my own evaluation shift, *and now they really do look pretty damn good to me.
Well said, this sums up exactly how I feel? Minus the part about your girl's preference. My wife will have zero input on this decision:D

billy the k

billy the k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 base GT/Ingot silver/6spd MT/PP/Recaros
Well said, this sums up exactly how I feel? Minus the part about your girl's preference. My wife will have zero input on this decision:D
Also regarding the wheels: when comparing side-by-side photos of the car having the 18", 19" or 20" wheels another factor became obvious: Quite independent of the spoke design or color of the wheel, there is*
the visual fit.
*That is, the 18" wheels definitely look too small inside the wheel-wells,*while the 20" wheels looked like a bit too much wheel &*
tire inside the wheel-well [i.e., as if it there would be inadequate space*
for suspension travel], while the outer curve of the 19" Pirellis perfectly matches the inside arc curve of the wheel-well. *And you can see*
that there is adequate*room for suspension travel but without the
unattractive gaping space that you have with those 18" wheels. *The
wheel-wells on this new Mustang really do look like they were in fact sized precisely*for a 19" wheel.

So I'm satisfied with Ford's choice of wheels & tires for the GT with the
Performance Package.

Further on the black rims: *my girl also said that the black rims looked*
to her to be more appropriate for a car that's focused on performance, whereas shiny polished silvery rims were more suitable for lady real-estate
agent types whose chief focus is to cruise slow enough to*create envy by the display of conspicuous consumption. *[that's my girl!]

On Order: 2015[base]GT/Ingot Silver/6spd/ Performance Package/Recaros/Reverse Sensing

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I hate black wheels. 99 times out of 100 they make cars look cheaper, older and rattier to me.
I feel the opposite. Maybe in the 80's cheap cars came with black steelies, but now-a-days the cheapest of cars come with silver/aluminum. Sportier cars now often come with black wheels. In my opinion, cars with black wheels stand out more as being sportier and regular silver wheels just blend in with the rest of the econo-box crowd.

There is also a huge difference in seeing black wheels in person and seeing them in pictures. In person black wheels look way better. I think cameras have trouble capturing black wheels properly.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Ha, I had black steelies on my Yellow '79 Toyota Corolla SR5 Hatch, and they were the bomb!!! That car was freaking awesome.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ha, I had black steelies on my Yellow '79 Toyota Corolla SR5 Hatch, and they were the bomb!!! That car was freaking awesome.
You mean with the 70 hp 2TC engine? :headbang: or did you modify it? I had a '81, then a '85 GTS, then I moved on the my 5.0 LX.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I wonder how the 19" PP black wheels would look painted a silver gun metal color? similar to the 20" wheel option... hmmm

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
I would love to strip the paint off the 19'' performance package wheels and clearcoat them to an aluminum finish. Think it would work?

I wonder how the 19" PP black wheels would look painted a silver gun metal color? similar to the 20" wheel option... hmmm
probably awesome.
What wheel is at the top banner page of this forum? They look like the PP wheels but gunmetal, not black. They have a nice metal reflection, not a plain gloss color.
Sponsored