ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It was more that I think you, and everyone else in the "No" camp is taking this all a bit seriously.

I think, as was already mentioned, that a lot if people are assuming "revving" is sitting at a light bouncing off the limiter.

Others see it as a friendly blip of the throttle. An acknowledgement of a fellow enthusiast.

That's all.

Carry on.
No, we know exactly what it is and isn't it is the same pointless crap as the straight pipe harley guys and sport bike riders that have to twist the throttle to think they are cool. No one cares.
I've owned loud v8 cars all my driving life and see no need for it. I let them know it is powerful by showing them the tail lights, no need to be a throttle junkie. Gap'n their @$$ makes the point quite clear.
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
A torque converter? Don’t all autos have those?
Not sure where you’re going with this. Lol
Sorry I forgot I was in the general forum, I'll explain a bit more, a converter with a higher than stock stall, yes all automatics have torque converters.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
No, we know exactly what it is and isn't it is the same pointless crap as the straight pipe harley guys and sport bike riders that have to twist the throttle to think they are cool. No one cares.
I've owned loud v8 cars all my driving life and see no need for it. I let them know it is powerful by showing them the tail lights, no need to be a throttle junkie. Gap'n their @$$ makes the point quite clear.
Completely different than the topic we’re talking about, but I used to have an employee that had a Harley with a sticker on it that said “loud pipes save lives”. Kind of true! During bumper to bumper traffic, the louder bikes you can hear come through- so I never change lanes.
Doesn’t apply to the reving show-off type situation, but thought it was worth mentioning. :-)

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I forgot I was in the general forum, I'll explain a bit more, a converter with a higher than stock stall, yes all automatics have torque converters.
Copy! So with a higher stall, I’m guessing you can cruise 70mph in 7th at 3200RPM, rev, and still maintain the RPM better than in a stock auto unit?
I’m not an old school muscle car guy, this is my first American car ever in 40 years 🤣

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Copy! So with a higher stall, I’m guessing you can cruise 70mph in 7th at 3200RPM, rev, and still maintain the RPM better than in a stock auto unit?
I’m not an old school muscle car guy, this is my first American car ever in 40 years 🤣
Not in 7th, the converter is locked by then. In the lower gears prior to locking you can flash it up by blipping the throttle. Not the same as pushing the clutch in and reving, but similar. I can't come anywhere near the limiter, but a couple blips will get the attention of an innocent victim if needed. It is by no means the intent or a design of the converter but just an added benefit.

Edit to add, sorry if I was a bit brash in my previous reply, long day...

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Not in 7th, the converter is locked by then. In the lower gears prior to locking you can flash it up by blipping the throttle. Not the same as pushing the clutch in and reving, but similar. I can't come anywhere near the limiter, but a couple blips will get the attention of an innocent victim if needed. It is by no means the intent or a design of the converter but just an added benefit.

Edit to add, sorry if I was a bit brash in my previous reply, long day...
Gotchya! So almost like a slipping auto trans before it engages?
No worries!

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Gotchya! So almost like a slipping auto trans before it engages?
No worries!
Not exactly, the clutches aren't slipping but inside the converter the parts are sort of slipping (also generates heat, one of the negative benefits of the converter). I actually find it quite interesting how it works. My previous mustang had a TH400 with around a 6,000 stall; it would really generate heat and I could blip it up rather high.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Completely different than the topic we’re talking about, but I used to have an employee that had a Harley with a sticker on it that said “loud pipes save lives”. Kind of true! During bumper to bumper traffic, the louder bikes you can hear come through- so I never change lanes.
Doesn’t apply to the reving show-off type situation, but thought it was worth mentioning. :-)
Tell ya what, when you have to hear fools with loud exhaust rev'n the engine for no reason in front of your home or close enough that you can clearly hear it in your home. You might rethink this subject. Every one posting in this thread would complain about this type thing if it was done near or in front of their home, but can't respect others enough not to do this mindless crap in front of others homes or businesses.
Trust me it gets old fast, even when you own and love the ruble of a v twin or v8 . Jackwagons onn a week end rev'n the engine while in traffic or stopped just for the hell of it at all hours , they sure as hell would not pull that crap around their home. yet.
It is this reason I have a button on the dash of my other vehicles that open the pipes when the need calls for it, and why I will not just randomly rev my vehicles engines, it is called respect for others. I guess I was raised differently.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Tell ya what, when you have to hear fools with loud exhaust rev'n the engine for no reason in front of your home or close enough that you can clearly hear it in your home. You might rethink this subject. Every one posting in this thread would complain about this type thing if it was done near or in front of their home, but can't respect others enough not to do this mindless crap in front of others homes or businesses.
Trust me it gets old fast, even when you own and love the ruble of a v twin or v8 . Jackwagons onn a week end rev'n the engine while in traffic or stopped just for the hell of it at all hours , they sure as hell would not pull that crap around their home. yet.
It is this reason I have a button on the dash of my other vehicles that open the pipes when the need calls for it, and why I will not just randomly rev my vehicles engines, it is called respect for others. I guess I was raised differently.
Oh I’m completely with ya on the respect in residential parts. I was only saying for motorcycles in traffic I can understand a louder bike for safety. They don’t have to rev in neighborhoods lol. My junk is loud, but all the neighbors make fun of me for being so quite - and we’re on 10+ acre lots. I don’t really get on it until I’m on the freeway, well away from houses. And quiet almost all other times.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't, mainly because I wouldn't want the person I'm revving at to interpret it as a challenge to race. If someone was to rev at me and it was clear it's the "friendly blip" I might rev back or give a thumbs up but it really hasn't happened.

I'm surprised at the responses that a rev is the person being a d-bag or rude. That's an attitude I'd expect from from drivers who aren't car enthusiasts, not from Mustang drivers. (I'm not talking about the teenager who sits at a stop light revving continually.)

Sponsored

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Typically won't rev at other vehicles unless they rev first or ask, all in good fun of course.

But, if I'm passing another Mustang, I will give it some throttle so they can hear the Voodoo. If I was in a Mustang without the Voodoo, I'd like to hear it.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I thought automobile drivers were supposed to be adult.............:frown:
If we were adults, we'd be driving Japanese saloons, which take five people in full comfort, do fifty miles to the gallon and never break.
And yet here we are, driving a sloppily built gas guzzler that bankrupts us. And we're loving it.
No, we aren't adults. :giggle:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
If we were adults, we'd be driving Japanese saloons, which take five people in full comfort, do fifty miles to the gallon and never break.
And yet here we are, driving a sloppily built gas guzzler that bankrupts us. And we're loving it.
No, we aren't adults. :giggle:
Yep, same is true for Mustang drivers, who wants to grow up
https://images.app.goo.gl/AGAyKKwEu3RMBwJU8

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I’m completely with ya on the respect in residential parts. I was only saying for motorcycles in traffic I can understand a louder bike for safety. They don’t have to rev in neighborhoods lol. My junk is loud, but all the neighbors make fun of me for being so quite - and we’re on 10+ acre lots. I don’t really get on it until I’m on the freeway, well away from houses. And quiet almost all other times.
If you know how sound works, the loud pipes of bikes being safer is a farce . It makes the motorbke rider "Feel" safer, but is about as useful as the TSA at airports, but it too makes people "feel" safe.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Oh here we go, the boy is envious of the Harley, 2 cylinder motor sounds, thumps, better then his horse car . :devil:

My biggest kick when I road, was to pulling next the driver. Bike barking, driver turning up his stereo. We take off and I ride his door until I'm tired of fucking with hot shot.

Bike riders, don't think they are cool, they know it and you do to. To be clear not only is my high school better than yours , my car sounds better too LMAO
Sponsored