Do people always wanna race you?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I had a Mercedes C43 AMG try to line up with me on the highway, despite me easily pulling on him on the highway on ramp (pretty sure that's what triggered him). I just tried to ignore him since I'm not here to race on 235 width winter tires. CDL holder with a racing charge = good luck. It's funny because I don't even use it anymore, I haven't for years. I should forfeit it.

To his credit, I did do a ricer fly by on him unintentionally (I didn't know he took the same exit I did after he flew off), and someone in a Tesla annoyed me enough to lay into it for a few seconds. And of course he lined up again, probably thinking I was the biggest pussy, lmao. Oh well.
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
Coming back from the grocery store and some teenager in a beat up 350z with a coffee can reved at me. Just waved and smile

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
On the way home tonight I saw what looked to be a 60's micro bus (VW van)
I pulled up next to him at a light and he started reving his engine. I looked over and laughed. Light turned green and he almost pulled the wheels. Did he think we were racing. Shoulda took a picture.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
For the most part no they don’t. They look over at that badass black 5.0 badge and then their nuts get sucked up into their body cavity like a ninja. :)

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I wish...

Aside from the same old man getting annihilated in his ZL1, ZR1 and his C8 I never get any action. ZL1 was first, he took it back to the dealer because he thought something was wrong with it. LMAO.

Then he wanted more with the ZR1. I have to admire him though, at least he drives the shit out of them.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
High school aged looking kid in a WRX with a picnic table mounted on his trunk tried to get me to go on my way to the eye doctor with my daughter this afternoon. I don’t ever take the bait on the street but especially with my kids in the car. Then on the way home a kid in a S197 V6 missing the rear bumper pulls up next to me and revs with the most god awful sounding exhaust ever. Sounded like the morning after too much Taco Bell. I laughed and revved back at him and let him proceed to take off from the light like an idiot. I seem to have a magnet for these doofuses lately 🤷‍♂️

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
High school aged looking kid in a WRX with a picnic table mounted on his trunk tried to get me to go on my way to the eye doctor with my daughter this afternoon. I don’t ever take the bait on the street but especially with my kids in the car. Then on the way home a kid in a S197 V6 missing the rear bumper pulls up next to me and revs with the most god awful sounding exhaust ever. Sounded like the morning after too much Taco Bell. I laughed and revved back at him and let him proceed to take off from the light like an idiot. I seem to have a magnet for these doofuses lately 🤷‍♂️
Most of us were a doofus once, lol. I remember being 18 and thinking my v6 minivan was so fast. I think most of the frustration comes from the fact deep down, us responsible folk want to drop the hammer and show who's boss, but we know we shouldnt 😂

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Most of us were a doofus once, lol. I remember being 18 and thinking my v6 minivan was so fast. I think most of the frustration comes from the fact deep down, us responsible folk want to drop the hammer and show who's boss, but we know we shouldnt 😂
Very true, we all had our moments for sure!

ZeusF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Convertible MY23
Yep, but not so much racing. Just the Dodge trucks, Hondas or other "regular" cars that for some reason rip past me because I had the nerve to shift through the gears while allowing my spent gasses to audibly exit my exhaust enroute to the posted speed limit. I call these clowns the "I'll show you" crowd. I figure that if these folks get this weird when I drive normally, they'd lose their freaking minds if they saw how I drive (safely of course) on a deserted country road with the exhaust in track mode LOL!

I just ignore them, don't engage, and if for some reason they act like they might be a real problem, change my route to avoid the possibility of them doing something really stupid that could damage my car.
I'm a massive fan of calling people clowns. This quote had m in stitches...

"I call these clowns the "I'll show you" crowd"

hahhahaha

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Idk what it is lately but I keep running into these people when I never do lmao. Last night I was just trying to get home after a long shift (someone derailed a locomotive which is a huge pain in the ass), and I was cruising at 80. Passed a C8, gave a wave, then I drove right between two fuccbois, one in a 350z and one in a mazdaspeed 3. They were slowed way down and a lane apart so I just thought they were normal traffic. So I blow between them doing 80, and of course they see that as a challenge and zoom past me. The 350z guy even put on his flashers as if I was even participating :cwl:

Luckily my exit was right where they ended up after their fast and furious victory so I was able to go back to minding my own business.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Not so much race but I think people just wanna see a fast and loud car go fast. Funnily enough, certain cars (like hellcats and ZL1s) generally don't seem to want to race. 🤣 :sunglasses:
Yeah, that’s how life often rolls. The folks who are really fast know it and have nothing to prove. Kinda like guys who are lucky enough to be classified as Heavy Equipment Operators. You don’t normally see them swinging stuff around like a lasso. No need.

BTW, I’m having just a wee bit of trouble believing that minivan and SUV drivers would have any interest in challenging a Mustang driver. It’s hard to imagine such a thought would even enter their mind.

Deleted member 69033

BTW, I’m having just a wee bit of trouble believing that minivan and SUV drivers would have any interest in challenging a Mustang driver. It’s hard to imagine such a thought would even enter their mind.
I do think these kind of folks sometimes just want to see you let the big dog eat. They know they can't win a race, they're not trying to get you to RACE, they just wanna see you kick some ass in your car.

I was next to a guy in a minivan last week, and he just looked over at my car longingly... Lol. Didn't Rev or anything, just looked at me like 'mannnnnn, u bastard. Screw you and your cool car and fun times...I'm headed to ballet to pick up my damn kids....'

Some people just want a nibble of the life, and seeing you peel away makes um happy.

Deleted member 69033

Don't answer the question. I'm done with this guy 😂

We gonna hit him the ignore
There's another guy on here with kona in his screen name, and he's generally genial and helpful. I confused him with this kona for a while, but finally figured it out and ignored this one....

For my two cents, even if we all ARE imagining things (not saying that's the case) what's the difference? If you don't dig the thread, don't click on it. Read something else....
Sponsored