Sponsored

Do people actually fall for this?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Just had a call with a Dealer in Texas that wants $30K ADM on an R. When I asked him if he would actually sell a customer a car at $30k over MRSP when ADMs are much lower and actually think that customer would want to do business with them again when he found out ADMs are much lower - he said Yes Sir!
Did you follow up with "why?".
Sponsored

PrISM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Pinstripes? Why would you do that to this car?

Sponsored

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Were there actually any pinstripes on the car? I didn't notice in the photo of the sticker. Would be interested to see what they look like (assuming they actually exist)..

-T
Or are they just charging for the edging of the Le Mans stripes from Ford!

The stripes and nitrogen are huge here in Florida. You go to most dealers and they have that on there. Apparently seniors like their pin stripes!

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
We probably shouldn't feel too bad about this...Obviously no one here is trying to buy that car at that price right? So let them keep that ADM and let the rest of the buying public keep that perception that the car has this kind of value. It benefits us all who already have one ;)

I used to sell cars for a dealership that did little things like this, and I can tell you, they don't really expect it will work....But when they discount it, or say "What if I just threw that in the deal...." you'd be surprised how many buyers snap it right up.

In the end, it costs the dealership a minimum and they end up getting full sticker for the car. They still make money.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
It is about creating the illusion that the customer is getting something for free or discounted. So instead of dealing on the actual cost of the car they deal on the "fluff."

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Exactly.

TechnicalLimitation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350. H3562
Pin stripes, VIN etching, and nitrogen? Totaling almost $900, not to mention the $500 tint.
Do people actually fall for this shit and pay for it?
ADM of $15k for a non R too.
There's one born every minute I guess.
What the hell is a Pin Stripe anyway, and VIN etching? HUH?

I'd tell them to go UNDER MSRP, given that they screwed up a perfectly good GT350 from the factory by doing "VIN etching" and "Pin Striping" on it. Don't touch my damn car, get your grubby fingers off it :rant:

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
Same. I'm actually starting to debate that Orange 350 @ Chapman. I'm not really big on Orange, if it was Yellow I'd have grabbed it up, but it's just a really good deal.
check out fred beans of Boyertown. Its by Philadelphia outlets up by limerick. They have a 350 there. Don't know any more and forget the color. I just bought a 250 from them. I have to say it was good experience for me.
Sponsored