Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm putting in a roll bar next month and in order to stay in Street Class in my local TT group, I have to have a rear seat delete (can't show bare metal). I'm planning to build the car to Nasa TT3 specs for next year in which case I'll be pulling most of the interior out. So I really only need the rear seat delete through the end of this year.
I'm too cheap to buy a kit that I'll only use for a few months; does anyone have any good ideas how to make one for cheap?
Sponsored

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Black frost barrier type roofing paper (Home Depot) as the base footprint layout covered with a roll of black felt from JoAnn Fabrics. You can edge the layout with run channel weatherstrip from Steele Rubber Products. That's light and that's cheap.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've bought a plywood sheet, trunk liner material from ebay and headliner adhesive - cut out plywood to fit in the car (replaced seat bottom, I have nothing that separates trunk from the cabin where seatback was), wrapped it into that liner - it looks great. My other idea was to use plastic ABS sheets (however - back then goal was to have enough structural strength to be able to haul wheels inside the car - now I don't since I have a trailer so may come up with something even lighter).

If you want pics, let me know.
Sponsored