Dannylifts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Auto
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my 2018 Mustang GT.

The digital dash completely went on me and stayed blank even after multiple restarts and battery disconnection.

It's at the dealers and they have replaced the instrument cluster for new, but have said they are having trouble uploading software?

Apparently waiting on Ford technical to assist with the software upload, but feel it's taking a long time, been nearly 10 days just trying to upload software.

Has anyone had similar issues? Can anyone assist with the correct procedure to sort this issue?

TIA
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my 2018 Mustang GT.

The digital dash completely went on me and stayed blank even after multiple restarts and battery disconnection.

It's at the dealers and they have replaced the instrument cluster for new, but have said they are having trouble uploading software?

Apparently waiting on Ford technical to assist with the software upload, but feel it's taking a long time, been nearly 10 days just trying to upload software.

Has anyone had similar issues? Can anyone assist with the correct procedure to sort this issue?

TIA
have they coded the dash to the car? sounds silly but it might need coding rather than just plug n play

OP
OP

Dannylifts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Auto
have they coded the dash to the car? sounds silly but it might need coding rather than just plug n play
I believe this is what they are having trouble with, was just wondering if anyone knew the technical side of swapping over a new instrument cluster.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Should not be any issue, the digital dash is plug and play, you just have to input the correct AS build data to suit the car for any options etc. I retro fitted a digital Dash to my 16 GT. took about 2 hours and it was up and working.

OP
OP

Dannylifts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Auto
Should not be any issue, the digital dash is plug and play, you just have to input the correct AS build data to suit the car for any options etc. I retro fitted a digital Dash to my 16 GT. took about 2 hours and it was up and working.
Sounds simple enough, you think there could be anything the technician could have messed up? I have no choice but to leave car with them to fix. How long realistically should I wait until I start kicking up a fuss...

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Have you tried turning it off and back on again!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I always wondered whether this would be an issue at some point, glad I've got a boring manual speedo now. Hope you get it sorted though.
It's been an issue for a handful of owners. Reports of the display going blank while driving and then either coming back on it's own at some point or after restarting. Kinda glad I have the analog gauges too. They might not be as high-tech or configurable but they look great and they don't ever need to be re-booted.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I have a friend with an 18. He is having this issue. Just goes off for a few seconds and then comes back on. No idea how you would fix this but this is the only reason I don't go digital as well

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
there is a tsb or something about this from FORD.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V076

Manufacturer Ford Motor Company

Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Potential Number of Units Affected 4,212

Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2019 Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus, and Lincoln Navigator vehicles. At vehicle start-up, the Instrument Panel Cluster Assembly (IPC) may not function, showing a blank display. As a result, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, “Controls and Displays.”

Remedy
Ford has notified owners, and dealers will reprogram the Instrument Panel Cluster Assembly (IPC), free of charge. The recall began March 8, 2019. Owners may contact customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 19C03.

Notes
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Wondering what happens when you bring your 2015 - 2017 in to do the TSB and the service techs start scratching their heads because the as-built data and VIN indicate the car is supposed to have analog gauges?

OP
OP

Dannylifts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Auto
Hey guys, just thought I'd give an update on the situation.

Car is still at the dealership, it's been 34 days so far. Apparently they have changed the instrument cluster twice and are going to change it again (awaiting part).

I have raised a concern with customer relations as it shouldn't take this long for a relatively simple job. The dealership have not given any timescales as to when the car will be completed. Hopefully Ford will get another master technician in to repair or get car moved to a different dealership.

Extremely unhappy with the service from this garage, I will name and shame in due course.

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Mine glitched out the day after reading this post... weird! Luckily it came back on after a restart

RageCage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
Just happened to my wife's 2019 Ecoboost covertible. Not only did it go blank but all directional signals were out, backup camera was out, and weirdest of all was the radio would not shut off! Even w car off and locked radio would play at a fixed volume (no volume/station control). I had to disconnect the battery to reset the system. Obviously some sort of sync firmware issue but scary thing is her car was manufactured in April which is well after the recall! I am bringing it into the Dealership on Wed so hopefully just an update needed. No way my wife could disconnect the battery terminal (let alone the fact that this is a MAJOR safety hazard for a 7 month old purchase...
Sponsored