Sponsored

Digital dash between dials

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Just been reading pistonheads
https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-fleet/ford-mustang-gt-ph-fleet/36120 and a line caught me that either he's wrong or i've got a problem :)

The display in between the dials doesn't reset when you turn the car off, meaning the newly discovered oil temp gauge can stay there permanently.
erm.... no... at least not on mine whenever I turn engine / ignition off it completely resets the little screen and I'm back on the main listing every time I start up so I have to reselect each time the screen I want. I've been looking for an option in its settings to make it save the screen but I can't find one what am I doing wrong or am I defective :(
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-fleet/ford-mustang-gt-ph-fleet/36120 and a line caught me that either he's wrong or i've got a problem :)

erm.... no... at least not on mine whenever I turn engine / ignition off it completely resets the little screen and I'm back on the main listing every time I start up so I have to reselect each time the screen I want. I've been looking for an option in its settings to make it save the screen but I can't find one what am I doing wrong or am I defective :(
Doesn't sound right. What screen do you like it set to?

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
first open "engine information" so I can see all the temps etc that way I know when the oil temp says normal I can get my toe down and start having fun :)

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
first open "engine information" so I can see all the temps etc that way I know when the oil temp says normal I can get my toe down and start having fun :)
I am the same, keep it on engine info until oil temp is normal, engine temp is c 95 degrees then boot it.

J_UK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Triple Yellow/Black
Mine is the same, if I put it on the "Engine Information" screen so I can see several pieces of information at once, when I turn the car off and back on, it goes back to the main screen. If you go "into" one of the temperatures, for example, and get the digital dial, it will stay there on that dial.

Just the way it is I think.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If I set it to one of the dials like oil temp it stays when I turn the car off/on.

But if I leave it with the main screen that has all the information at once, it won't be there when I restart the car (instead at the higher menu level). It is f'ing annoying as f'ing FFFF!

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
so what we're saying is that fords UX designers didn't think about how people will actually use their system.....

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Mine is the same, if I put it on the "Engine Information" screen so I can see several pieces of information at once, when I turn the car off and back on, it goes back to the main screen. If you go "into" one of the temperatures, for example, and get the digital dial, it will stay there on that dial.

Just the way it is I think.
Can confirm, works the exact same way over here.

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt

Mine stays on whatever you have it set at. At the moment when I start the car the oil temperature gauge is there. Can show you that next time I see you...:thumbsup:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Mine stays on whatever you have it set at. At the moment when I start the car the oil temperature gauge is there. Can show you that next time I see you...:thumbsup:
if you have it on a actual gauge screen, it will stay there
if you have it on the details screen, no picture just words, it will return to the trip screen

Heartworm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TVR Tuscan/ LR Defender/ Smart Roadster
I'm finding the digital dash pretty useless, would be nice if it linked up to sync a little more and showed upcoming turns on the navigation, I'm not sure just feel none of the screens are particularly useful

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'm finding the digital dash pretty useless, would be nice if it linked up to sync a little more and showed upcoming turns on the navigation, I'm not sure just feel none of the screens are particularly useful
you want a car with sync2 then (or at least in the focus its like that)
Sponsored