Sponsored

DFW

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Gearheads is the place to go for a Mustang and know for a fact that they are very knowledgable. Between my family and I we have 12 Mustangs and they have always taken their stuff there and been pleased. The S550 is my first, so I don't have any first hand experience there.
Thanks. I visited with Travis at Gearheads last week. He suggested Livernois for my tune (using SCT tuner), but I have been leaning towards the COBB AP with MAP tuning (custom for the new Mustang turbo with exhaust mods). I think I need to put in my order for parts and install tomorrow when I see Travis again.
:D
Sponsored

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are going all the way into Fredericksburg, you should jump off 16 and take 965 for that short distance going into town. Absolutely worth it! I won't be going since I just drove down there a couple of months ago. Should be fun!
Noted. Thanks. Hope we get enough participants for weekend of 20th or maybe 27th.... whatever is most convenient for most. You guys with the hotted-up GTs need to flex your muscles once in a while, just as I am with my turbo..... metroplex highways just don't cut it. :D

LAK3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Thanks. I visited with Travis at Gearheads last week. He suggested Livernois for my tune (using SCT tuner), but I have been leaning towards the COBB AP with MAP tuning (custom for the new Mustang turbo with exhaust mods). I think I need to put in my order for parts and install tomorrow when I see Travis again.
:D
I've used Gearheads in the past with my S197, and they did some pretty good work. When it comes to tuning these cars Lund is the only way to go unless you go with a custom Whipple tune and don't want a lot of customization. When it comes to turbos though, and you don't wanna use Lund, Manny up at HPP is known for his work with turbos and does good work. Regardless, you'll hear stories from every shop you go with so just make the best possible decision you feel is right.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used Gearheads in the past with my S197, and they did some pretty good work. When it comes to tuning these cars Lund is the only way to go unless you go with a custom Whipple tune and don't want a lot of customization. When it comes to turbos though, and you don't wanna use Lund, Manny up at HPP is known for his work with turbos and does good work. Regardless, you'll hear stories from every shop you go with so just make the best possible decision you feel is right.
Thanks. Not familiar with LUND, so I'll check them out first. :cheers:

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My car is currently at HPP. Can't wait to get it back. They did a longtube, cai, and tune on a 2015 Gt yesterday and it put down 440 with it being over 100 degrees outside.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
If your in for the Cruise Please say what date works for you out of the Options Rgingo posted and I will combine a list all in to one posting for us.

I'm game for either weekend.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
My car is currently at HPP. Can't wait to get it back. They did a longtube, cai, and tune on a 2015 Gt yesterday and it put down 440 with it being over 100 degrees outside.

Yup! thats 460rw on a nice cool or cold day. I know Manny was getting 460whp with full catless exhaust, cai and tune on the M6 cars earlier this year.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
If your in for the Cruise Please say what date works for you out of the Options Rgingo posted and I will combine a list all in to one posting for us.

I'm game for either weekend.

We are talking about this month right?

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
We are talking about this month right?
Based on the dates Rgingo listed It looks like he was referring to September. Hopefully he will clarify for us.

"I think we can set up the weekend of the 20th (Sat or Sun)"

Sponsored

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on the dates Rgingo listed It looks like he was referring to September. Hopefully he will clarify for us.

"I think we can set up the weekend of the 20th (Sat or Sun)"
Sorry, I was talking about August (weekend of 22nd 0r 29th), but Aug or Sep is fine with me. :cheers:

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Saturday works. Sunday works. August works. September works. October works. Starting to see the pattern? I'm down for pretty much any weekend, unless there is a chance for rain, hail or ice.
Sponsored