MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
What does that have to do with it? Are you throwing a CEL?

No cel because of tune but I heard when they run the inspection they look to see how many o2 sensors are operating. If they are are not a minimum on they will fail you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
When is the next meetup?
Just had our monthly meetup last Sat (2nd Sat of month) .... However, if you read the posts for the Fredricksburg cruise.... we'll be getting together next weekend (Feb 27-28) for our combined ride to Fredricksburg and Three Sisters. :cheers:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
No cel because of tune but I heard when they run the inspection they look to see how many o2 sensors are operating. If they are are not a minimum on they will fail you.

A 90 degree extension works on Hondas, probably on Ford too. You just put it on the secondary sensor. Passes, no CEL.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
What I have used looks like a 90 deg bent tube, but that's the same idea. You want to put the fitting facing upstream of exhaust flow, if possible. Check for room to hook everything up. Remember the O2 sensor will be on the end of that thing with wires. You might also check with a local shop to see if that particular setup has any issues with a CEL. I had limited success with a straight extension ($5 spark plug defouler drilled out). The light was off a lot of the time but it would trigger here and there. I know the 90 deg extension worked on the little 4 banger with a gutted cat very consistently.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Hey guys,

I am soon to be joining the ranks of the rest of you, and wondered if we could have a thread for the DFW area?

Other than meeting others and having general fun, I thought it would be cool to have a list of local shops that people trust to work on their cars. We have a lot of choices, and many of them have worried me to say the least. Then there are others that have done a fantastic job!

Where does everyone get their tints done? Shop for spring / mod installs? Hell, even where does everyone track?

I've had my windows tinted at Alta Mere (the original one on Alta Mere) for the last 19 years or so (about 8 cars, give or take). However, I had Kitana tinted at Sharp Window Tinting in Burleson since 1) a friend of a friend does tinting there and 2) they offer tinting by appointment on Sundays, which fit my schedule at the time. I did 30% film on the driver and passenger windows, and 15% everywhere behind that. The installation looks perfect, so I can't complain.

I'm in the Saginaw/Haslet area in North Fort Worth, and like meeting up with other Mustang owners or car guys in general. I'll probably be at Cowtown Cars and Coffee just about every month, and may try to make the Dallas (Plano) one occasionally as well.

I'm new to the forum having met up with some nice rides on the The Fredricksburg-Three Sisters Cruise last weekend. I'm in Irving northeast of the DFW airport.

I had my windows tinted at Lone Star Window Tinting in Hurst, TX. My last car they did I had for three years without a single problem.

I contacted TheDriversEdge.net and plan on running HPDE at Texas World Speedway in May and then two events in June/July at Motorsport Ranch. There's a few other organizations running events in the area. You can search events in the area at MotorsportReg. http://www.motorsportreg.com/

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I used to live in Corinth, but moved down the street to Lantana. I work in Irving and see quite a few S550's running around.

Sponsored

AllenGJr43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White A6 GT
Saw a magnetic GT on 377 going North @ 2pm today after getting my side scoops painted and installed. His car needed a wash big time lol and I got pulled over for the second time in a week today. Cops are either not liking me so far or liking me too much. :shrug:
sidescoops1.jpg

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I used to live in Corinth, but moved down the street to Lantana. I work in Irving and see quite a few S550's running around.

Funny, I just moved from Irving!

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Sitting at the interchange of Grapevine Mills and 121. A magnetic GT just roared by getting on 121. Anyone here?

TXSean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GG GT
Saw a black PP GT at Dani Rae's in Denton tonight with a roush spoiler and grey stripes with green accents, nice looking car!
Sponsored

Last edited: