Sponsored

DFW

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys,

I am soon to be joining the ranks of the rest of you, and wondered if we could have a thread for the DFW area?

Other than meeting others and having general fun, I thought it would be cool to have a list of local shops that people trust to work on their cars. We have a lot of choices, and many of them have worried me to say the least. Then there are others that have done a fantastic job!

Where does everyone get their tints done? Shop for spring / mod installs? Hell, even where does everyone track?
Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
If it's something I can't install myself I use TrueStreet Motorsports in McKinney. Great guys and fair prices. I had my dealer tint mine. Have used pro tint in Plano before with good results. Haven't tracked this car yet but usually hit up the Denton track.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
DFW is a pretty big space. From what area of the Metroplex do you hail?

I've had my windows tinted at Alta Mere (the original one on Alta Mere) for the last 19 years or so (about 8 cars, give or take). However, I had Kitana tinted at Sharp Window Tinting in Burleson since 1) a friend of a friend does tinting there and 2) they offer tinting by appointment on Sundays, which fit my schedule at the time. I did 30% film on the driver and passenger windows, and 15% everywhere behind that. The installation looks perfect, so I can't complain.

I had the spoiler painted and installed by PlanetPaint in North Richland Hills. They did amazing paint work, but their follow up and customer service weren't the best. They estimated one day for paint and the next day for install. Instead it took five days total, and I had to call them to find out if they were ready for the car instead of them calling me. Ultimately the price they charged me was insanely low, so it made up for the customer service issues.

I took my car to Big Worm Graphix for the stripes, lens tinting, and black badges. David's shop is only about five miles from my house, and he was great to deal with.

I installed the oil separator and shift knob myself, and had some friends help with the wheels and tires and Roush axle back exhaust in my garage.

I've not done any suspension or engine upgrades yet, so I don't have any recommendations for that type of install.

I'm in the Saginaw/Haslet area in North Fort Worth, and like meeting up with other Mustang owners or car guys in general. I'll probably be at Cowtown Cars and Coffee just about every month, and may try to make the Dallas (Plano) one occasionally as well.

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
Robbie i live in the Saginaw/Haslet area too. I am surprised i have not seen you around. I would really like to see your GT with the CDC Spoiler.

I had my tint done at Sun Ray Custom in Keller. First time customer i too have taken every other one of my cars to Alta Mere. Sun Ray was nice and a small business with high rep.

I did all my stuff at home mostly unless i need a lift then i take it to my friends shop that he owns and do it myself.

Pootie_Stang

Wah Dah Ta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP Base
my parents live out in Haslet off bonds ranch, so im out there pretty often. If you see a red pp base with a corsa that's me!

Sponsored

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that is where i live.

OP
OP
PhillMcKraken

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Cool! There is an Alta Mere by the plano central market that I am always around, I'll check them out for tinting.

I saw a few white GTs on the bush today in plano. And someone drove by my block the other day in A DIB with silver stripes, looked like the ones in the photos at big worm... Looked awesome! Definitely getting that done for sure.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
my parents live out in Haslet off bonds ranch, so im out there pretty often. If you see a red pp base with a corsa that's me!
that is where i live.
I'm a couple miles south, off of Bailey Boswell. Either of you attend Cowtown Cars & Coffee? I went last month, and plan on going next weekend as well.

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I typically don't go to any of the cars and coffee. I went once when I got my 15 in January cause you still hardly seen them. Plus I work late and have to go on no sleep which throws my whole weekend off.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Hey guys,

I am soon to be joining the ranks of the rest of you, and wondered if we could have a thread for the DFW area?

Other than meeting others and having general fun, I thought it would be cool to have a list of local shops that people trust to work on their cars. We have a lot of choices, and many of them have worried me to say the least. Then there are others that have done a fantastic job!

Where does everyone get their tints done? Shop for spring / mod installs? Hell, even where does everyone track?
I've had my new "Stang for 6 weeks now and still trying to find a good shop for helping with mods. I checked out COBB in Plano ... they are not ready with their mods yet (except for their AP tuning); Gearheads in Arlington doesn't reply to my requests for info about installing mods; other shops don't seem very interested either. We definitely need a thread to open communications.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
From the Cars and Coffee thread looks like we have a decent amount of people in the Carollton, Frisco, Plano, The Colony, Little elm and Denton area.

So far this is the list I have of who is in the area. If I missed anyone let me know. Others are welcome as well. I'm thinking A Friday evening or mid day on a Saturday would probably be best to meet up, to get as many as possible to attend.

Pootie_Stang
Lou
2015MagneticGt
WatchSquid
Genxer
blk.phive.zero

Last edited:

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I'll be using TrueStreet in McKinney for anything I can't or don't want to do myself. Awesome shop! Cobb did my alignment after I lowered it and does great work. I used their stuff on my Evo and Wrx. Big Worm in in Ft. Worth and was great to work with.

Honestly the s550 is so easy to work on I don't know when I would really need a shop outside of alignnent, corner balancing when coilovers eventually show up and tuning. Oh and header install cause that looks like a nightmare.

Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP Mustang
From the Cars and Coffee thread looks like we have a decent amount of people in the Carollton, Frisco, Plano, The Colony, Little elm and Denton area.

So far this is the list I have of who is in the area. If I missed anyone let me know. Others are welcome as well. I'm thinking A Friday evening or mid day on a Saturday would probably be best to meet up, to get as many as possible to attend.

Pootie_Stang
Lou
2015MagneticGt
WatchSquid
Genxer
blk.phive.zero
Sounds good on either but recommend Friday evening. It would be nice to see other mods in person

Pootie_Stang

Wah Dah Ta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP Base
Sounds good on either but recommend Friday evening. It would be nice to see other mods in person
x2 I'm normally at my girls place on the weekends so friday nights work best for me too; but i can make saturdays if need be!

Thoriniv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Keller area here. I've gone to the Plano CnC before but have decided to go to the Cowtown one since it's way closer and easier to get to for me.

Look for the Magnetic base GT dropped with the sportline eibachs, MBRP catback and blacked out badging. That's Me!
Sponsored