Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
As I recently mentioned to D., I picked up a bottle of Reset some time in the past and promptly forgot about it until a couple weeks ago when it was mentioned here. Since it was time for a wash, I dug it out of the cabinet and Holy Smagoley it smells good! <chuckling>

My normal soap is Chemical Guys Snow Foam. It's considerably less expensive than Reset but, has no scent. As for cleaning properties, I couldn't tell any difference between the two and I don't know the pH status of Snow Foam.

After a rinse and blow dry, I decided to give her a maintenance coat of Reload. I'm not sure which smells better, they're both most excellent in the smells department.

Now she's covered and dozing in the garage. :-)

1665476378853.png

1665476403388.png

1665476429036.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As I recently mentioned to D., I picked up a bottle of Reset some time in the past and promptly forgot about it until a couple weeks ago when it was mentioned here. Since it was time for a wash, I dug it out of the cabinet and Holy Smagoley it smells good! <chuckling>

My normal soap is Chemical Guys Snow Foam. It's considerably less expensive than Reset but, has no scent. As for cleaning properties, I couldn't tell any difference between the two and I don't know the pH status of Snow Foam.

After a rinse and blow dry, I decided to give her a maintenance coat of Reload. I'm not sure which smells better, they're both most excellent in the smells department.

Now she's covered and dozing in the garage. :-)

1665476378853.png

1665476403388.png

1665476429036.png
This one?

Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam Extreme Suds Cleansing Wash Shampoo | Chemical Guys

If so, the label states pH neutral.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yep, that's it, D but I never waste time reading labels or directions. ;-) T'anks, brother.
You must be a real man then! :giggle:

Considering how concentrated Reset is, that would offset the price a little.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Considering how concentrated Reset is, that would offset the price a little.
That is true D but, as much as I'd love to buy gallons of Reset, it's simply too much for as frequently as I wash the vehicle. I can pump out copious quantities of snow foam and still only use perhaps twice as much as Reset.

That said, I just discovered that Reset is available by the gallon and it's ninety bones compared to twenty for Snow Foam. Figuring a need for half as much Reset per wash, that DOES bring the numbers much closer making Reset basically twice as expensive. I think I can live with that so thank you, my Down Under Expert for waking me up. I'll be ordering a gallon shortly. :-)

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Sorry for the ignorance but will like to be clear. Is the Carpro Reset specifically to be used with a Foamer as i use bucket?

Thanks in advance...

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yeah,what ^ he said. Would these be just as good if used with a bucket wash? I don't have a pressure washer yet to use for a former.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Most of these can be used in a bucket. Adam’s does not recommend Mega Foam for a bucket wash. Reset can be used in both a foam cannon and a bucket from everything I’ve seen and read.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Sort of yes, sort of no.

While some of the products align in usage terms, there are specific differences between Gyeon and Carpro soaps, the pH levels of each giving the clue. I'll list them in the same order as you -

Carpro Lift - this is a high alkaline soap with a pH of above 12
Gyeon Foam - this is rated at pH 6

Carpro Reset - listed as pH neutral, 7.5
Gyeon Bathe - rated at pH 6

Carpro Descale - acidic at around 3.7
Gyeon Restart - rated at pH 6.0

Carpro Hydr02 Foam - pH neutral, added Si02
Gyeon Bathe+ - rated as pH neutral, added Si02

There is also Bathe Essence, which is a more concentrated version of Bathe while remaining pH 6 rated.

So, most of the products don't align in terms of chemical make up, but their roles do.
Yeah I’d like to give Carpro a shot for a year. Trying to figure out the products I used.

Like gyeon Foam I used with every wash being Lift is very alkaline could you use it before every wash? My car is ceramic coated.

Carpro Reset and Bathe - no brainer

gyeon Reset I used every 6 mo to Decon and bring the coat back. I’m assuming descale can be used just like it?

Bathe+ I use every 60 days just to get a good topper back on the coat. Hydro02 essentially looks just like it.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Sorry for the ignorance but will like to be clear. Is the Carpro Reset specifically to be used with a Foamer as i use bucket?

Thanks in advance...
No problem using Reset as a bucket wash, was primarily designed for that anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yeah I’d like to give Carpro a shot for a year. Trying to figure out the products I used.

Like gyeon Foam I used with every wash being Lift is very alkaline could you use it before every wash? My car is ceramic coated.

Carpro Reset and Bathe - no brainer

gyeon Reset I used every 6 mo to Decon and bring the coat back. I’m assuming descale can be used just like it?

Bathe+ I use every 60 days just to get a good topper back on the coat. Hydro02 essentially looks just like it.
Only use Lift occasionally, same with Descale. Both are decontamination washes.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Only use Lift occasionally, same with Descale. Both are decontamination washes.
Gotcha that’s what I needed to know. I always perform a pre-wash so I guess I should stick with Gyeon foam then? I’ve looked it doesn’t appear carpro has a pre-wash

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Gotcha that’s what I needed to know. I always perform a pre-wash so I guess I should stick with Gyeon foam then? I’ve looked it doesn’t appear carpro has a pre-wash
I would just pre-foam with Reset, it has enough grunt to it without the need for a specific product like Gyeon does in the form of Foam.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
At this point, I want to explain how I use soap. This will vary from person to person, so don't take my method as gospel, it's just what I have evolved to.

A couple of points to highlight -

-While I cycle through a lot of different soaps, I don't use separate soaps for foaming and bucket washing. Save for very specific products or when following a different process, I see no need to use different soaps. Almost all soaps available now are designed to foam.

-When washing, I pick a soap, make up the dilution in my foam cannon, then add a slug of soap onto my wash mitt and fill the bucket with water.

Method 1 - Really Dirty or Contaminated Cars

-Depending on how dirty, I will pick a soap to suit the situation. For example, a very dirty car with lots of road grime and bugs, I will pick a higher alkaline soap like Carpro Lift. For a car with a lot of waterspots, I will choose Carpro Descale. Or if the car is just mildly dirty, then I will just choose a pH neutral soap.

-For this method, I pre-foam the car from DRY and allow it to soak for as long as possible to loosen as much dirt/grime/bugs as possible. Foaming from dry dilutes the soap less. While I'm waiting for the soap to do it's thing, I'm filling up my wash buckets with water and adding soap to the wash mitt.

-Then I do a very thorough rinse, focusing on the problem areas, usually the lower doors or behind the wheels.

-Now, I re-foam the car again. This gets soap EVERYWHERE it's needed and combines with the soap now in the wash mitt and bucket. I then complete the contact wash. You need to work quickly with this method if you are working in the sun.

-Now thoroughly rinse. If any areas still need attention, address them as required.

Method 2 - Dusty to Mildly Dirty Cars

This method is what I use on my own cars, where I'm usually just addressing dust or mild bug splatter. I realize this method will sound a bit strange, especially for those who swear by the two-bucket-method but hear me out.

-For this method, I don't need ultimate cleaning power, so I will always pick a pH neutral soap for this role. I mix up my foam cannon, fill ONE bucket with water and add a generous slug of soap to my wash mitt.

-Rinse the car down. This will remove most if not all of what's on the surface.

-Foam the car down.

-Complete the contact wash, top to bottom. Because I have applied soap to the whole car, I am really only using the ONE bucket to rinse out my wash mitt between sections. This saves time and water. Like method one, you need to work quickly if in the sun.

-Rinse the car down.

Method 2 is what I have arrived at after tweaking my process over a few years, and as mentioned, it won't suit everyone. The usage pattern of my cars means they are never truly dirty, as such I don't need aggressive pre-foams or the safety of a two-bucket method. If I do have a car that needs more attention, then I revert back to the more thorough Method 1.
Sponsored