Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I like that...

Who's up for a meet when Kristian picks up his car? THAT would be a pickup to remember, he leaves to a symphony of revs, ranging from stock eco, to modded GT's with headers :eyebulge:
Haha that would be epic! I know Stevec may pop over as it's down his way (Hastings).

I can confirm however, there will be NO attempted power slides out of the dealership!

[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] funnily enough, I spent a happy couple of hours last night listening to clips on youtube! First choice at the moment is the FRPP Borla sport, closely followed by the Roush AB. Having lived with the stock EB for 18 months I will want to enjoy the stock GT exhaust for a while but there will be an exhaust at some point :D

[MENTION=30133]GB[/MENTION] it's strange how it works, I had a very short wait time the first time around too - much less than others who ordered before me, it's just the luck of the draw & I think my basic spec will have something to do with it! they seem to build those sooner; no custom pack, stripes etc. Advice to you would be check every week now to see if yours has been built.
Sponsored

Reactions: GB
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Haha that would be epic! I know Stevec may pop over as it's down his way (Hastings).

I can confirm however, there will be NO attempted power slides out of the dealership!

@Jimboy2 funnily enough, I spent a happy couple of hours last night listening to clips on youtube! First choice at the moment is the FRPP Borla sport, closely followed by the Roush AB. Having lived with the stock EB for 18 months I will want to enjoy the stock GT exhaust for a while but there will be an exhaust at some point :D

@GB it's strange how it works, I had a very short wait time the first time around too - much less than others who ordered before me, it's just the luck of the draw & I think my basic spec will have something to do with it! they seem to build those sooner; no custom pack, stripes etc. Advice to you would be check every week now to see if yours has been built.
Having spent 100ish miles with [MENTION=22119]RyStang72[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24982]anubis[/MENTION] yesterday, those Roush AB's are insane for noise! I can only imagine they'd be deadly with a Hpipe strapped to them. Ryan has the Borla Sport I believe... But the roush, it's insane, would probably what I'd go ona V8 (*And then something bat sh1t crazy if I didn't daily it)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Having spent 100ish miles with [MENTION=22119]RyStang72[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24982]anubis[/MENTION] yesterday, those Roush AB's are insane for noise! I can only imagine they'd be deadly with a Hpipe strapped to them. Ryan has the Borla Sport I believe... But the roush, it's insane, would probably what I'd go ona V8 (*And then something bat sh1t crazy if I didn't daily it)
Of the exhausts I've heard, the Roush seemed one of the tamest, and that's why I went with it. That said, it's still very loud and shouty - I'm really not keen on the Coyote's need for high revs at idle to get oil pressure up (not unlike an Aston "blip" but sustained). Still, needs must. It's lovely when warm!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Of the exhausts I've heard, the Roush seemed one of the tamest, and that's why I went with it. That said, it's still very loud and shouty - I'm really not keen on the Coyote's need for high revs at idle to get oil pressure up (not unlike an Aston "blip" but sustained). Still, needs must. It's lovely when warm!
Might have been speeds passing at, but Bens AB's turned more heads than Ryans Exhaust, and Ryan I think has the Borla Sport (To be honest, I lose track of the GT exhaust names quite easily :lol:). It was just something about the roushs, at cruise speeds it sounded non existant the second it was stepped on it, it had a good noise, not deafening but the tone and sound was just right.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Might have been speeds passing at, but Bens AB's turned more heads than Ryans Exhaust, and Ryan I think has the Borla Sport (To be honest, I lose track of the GT exhaust names quite easily :lol:). It was just something about the roushs, at cruise speeds it sounded non existant the second it was stepped on it, it had a good noise, not deafening but the tone and sound was just right.
Interesting. It's true that the Roush is quiet at M-way speeds, but if you feather the throttle it does immediately become audible (a nice trick). I've not been in a Borla equipped car at speed but I've heard them and figured they were louder. I could be wrong :p

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. It's true that the Roush is quiet at M-way speeds, but if you feather the throttle it does immediately become audible (a nice trick). I've not been in a Borla equipped car at speed but I've heard them and figured they were louder. I could be wrong :p
I'm speaking strictly from them passing/me passing them on the motorway, so got to bear in mind, when I'm passing im at half Throttle, and them passing probably the same, then being behind for town yobbo revs for the onlookers :thumbsup:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
[MENTION=9236]simonp83[/MENTION] - I'll see you in the pickup/drop off point at the nottingham station car park at 5:40pm today and give you a lift to the dealership. Please confirm.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Big thank you to [MENTION=28566]V8_MOTOR[/MENTION] for the lift, incredible sounding car.

My baby is home :).

Edit: I actually had someone stick their thumb up and wave as I overtook them, absolutely incredible car and it's amazing to be able to experience it.

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Which dealer?
Birchwood Ford in Hastings; http://www.birchwoodgroup.co.uk/ford/contact-us/hastings/

Wasn't fussed about going to the nearest dealership to me but Stevec reccomended Staurt at this dealership & I must say he has been very good, very honest & I have faith that he won't be drilling my bumper or binning my window sticker! (a hard to come by quality in Ford sales staff).

P.s. latest update - arrived in Baltimore Monday :D

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Big thank you to [MENTION=28566]V8_MOTOR[/MENTION] for the lift, incredible sounding car.

My baby is home :).

Edit: I actually had someone stick their thumb up and wave as I overtook them, absolutely incredible car and it's amazing to be able to experience it.
No worries mate! Great to put a face to a name. Glad you are loving it. Get use to people giving you thumbs up for Mustang. Happens a lot. I had a couple of guys follow me and when we had to go our separate ways, pull next to me cheering and recording on their phone. It's so much fun.

You won't stop looking at it out of the window. You'll be itching to drive it at all times.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
So, my car is on the docks at Zeebrugge and is showing "discharged". I assume this means it has been handed over for customs and a splash of underseal?

Is there any way of tracking it now or do I need to contact Karen for updates? I noticed some cars were turned around in 6 days earlier this month.

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
I've just received an email from Karen.
My Mustang is due to be built in a first week of June :shocked:
That's a bit too soon.
Everything was calculated to get it as close to October as possible.

Can I slow down the process somehow?

Last edited:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
That's a bit too quick.

Not sure if you can slow the process down once started as presumably the order at this stage will be out the hands of your dealer, a few people in the same boat though that weren't ready for the car when it arrived due to it being made far quicker than the 9 month estimate just get the dealer to move their deposit over to a brand new order and order it again with the dealer selling the early car.

Were you hoping for a 2018 as even October is very early for that?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
That's a bit too quick.

It's still going to take around 3 months to arrive in the UK from build date
Sponsored