Sponsored

Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
It's great to read about people getting their cars. Unfortunately I still have quite a wait having only ordered it on 6th May.

I've taken a leap of faith and gone for the Triple Yellow, having not seen one in the flesh.

I am told by the dealership that there is one coming in around July, so I will head on over and take a look before it's collected.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and will hopefully get to catch up with some of you at a meet when the car finally arrives next year.
Welcome.. you must be excited?

I am questioning one point.. will your car be a 2018 model? Did your dealer make you aware of this? It kinda harps back to the old days of 2016 when dealers took orders for Comp Orange cars then told the customers they couldn't have them. I knew GB was coming before my dealer!!
Sponsored

Reactions: GB

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
At TCH Derby today the consensus there was that they would not be taking orders for 2018 until Nov Dec as thats when Ncap 4 cars will be available to order :shrug::shrug:

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Future GT S550 owner... hopefully
Welcome.. you must be excited?

I am questioning one point.. will your car be a 2018 model? Did your dealer make you aware of this? It kinda harps back to the old days of 2016 when dealers took orders for Comp Orange cars then told the customers they couldn't have them. I knew GB was coming before my dealer!!
Unfortunately it's not the 2018 model, although I did enquire at several dealers to see if I could get one. I did read somewhere that the order book opens in Sept '17 for 2018, and on a 12 month waiting list that was too late for me as I need something by May as my current lease expires.

So I opted for the Black Shaddow edition, seemed to be cheaper with the options i wanted and I like the look of the black badges against the TY.

One question I had out with the dealer was around the tax. She seemed to think I would have to pay the excess £310 per year, but I was under the impression that's the car was under £40k list price, this was not the case. However she thought it was the OTR price that had to be under £40k. Any ideas on this?

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Unfortunately it's not the 2018 model, although I did enquire at several dealers to see if I could get one. I did read somewhere that the order book opens in Sept '17 for 2018, and on a 12 month waiting list that was too late for me as I need something by May as my current lease expires.

So I opted for the Black Shaddow edition, seemed to be cheaper with the options i wanted and I like the look of the black badges against the TY.

One question I had out with the dealer was around the tax. She seemed to think I would have to pay the excess £310 per year, but I was under the impression that's the car was under £40k list price, this was not the case. However she thought it was the OTR price that had to be under £40k. Any ideas on this?
My understanding is the value of the car must be below 40k the day you register it. This does not include the 2k first year fee.

If the value of the car was less than 40k when you ordered and a price rise put it above 40k whilst you were waiting for it you may only pay the lesser price but will get stung for the over 40k tax.

Reactions: GB

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is the value of the car must be below 40k the day you register it. This does not include the 2k first year fee.

If the value of the car was less than 40k when you ordered and a price rise put it above 40k whilst you were waiting for it you may only pay the lesser price but will get stung for the over 40k tax.
Good to know.

This was my understanding also. Thanks.

Sponsored

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Just had a build date confirmed for 29th May :D Getting exciting now!

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3

It is based on the "On the Road" price, which for the shadow black manual fastback is £39,895 so just fits under. if you go for a colour that costs extra you will be over that limit, so order the Grabber Blue or Race Red if that is important to you. Any other Shadow Black version will need the extra £310 a year for 5 years. TY will cost you £795 for the paint plus £1,550 for the next 5 years...
Dealer fit options aren't included in the calculation.

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
It is based on the "On the Road" price, which for the shadow black manual fastback is £39,895 so just fits under. if you go for a colour that costs extra you will be over that limit, so order the Grabber Blue or Race Red if that is important to you. Any other Shadow Black version will need the extra £310 a year for 5 years. TY will cost you £795 for the paint plus £1,550 for the next 5 years...
Does this count if i ordered back in january before the price hike?

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply, but is this definitely the case? The DVLA website suggests it's based on the dealers list price which would not have the £2,000 first year road fund licence on it.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/vehicles-registered-on-or-after-1-april-2017

Either way it's probably a little late to change the colour... But in hindsight I could have probably had the car wrapped for less than the tax and initial cost for the TY paint. D'oh!

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
It is based on List Price, not OTR price, so before the £2000 is added.

Sponsored

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
It's mine, mwah haha, it's all mine I tell you, mwah hahahaha.

As you can probably tell I picked mine up this afternoon.

A very pleasant drive home, approximately 100 miles. Went down the Spey Valley, hardly a car in front of me all the way back. Perfect.

That'll be the motor run in then.

Just as well I wasn't stopping for refreshments. I'd have been sh*t faced within 10 miles.

No regrets so far.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's getting really close for me too guys!! Mine lands in Zeebrugge on Sunday morning so I should have my hands on her soon?? I emailed Andrew Ridgeway at Bristol Street Gloucester, he's a great lad and has assured me my car will remain absolutely untouched off the truck. He'll even leave the dirt on it for me!!

I can't wait!!

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
It's getting really close for me too guys!! Mine lands in Zeebrugge on Sunday morning so I should have my hands on her soon?? I emailed Andrew Ridgeway at Bristol Street Gloucester, he's a great lad and has assured me my car will remain absolutely untouched off the truck. He'll even leave the dirt on it for me!!

I can't wait!!
Won't be long now.

There will be plenty of dirt, don't worry.

My dealer valeted the insides and just power washed the exterior, the salesman powerwashed it again just before I arrived and it was still pretty filthy.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Won't be long now.

There will be plenty of dirt, don't worry.

My dealer valeted the insides and just power washed the exterior, the salesman powerwashed it again just before I arrived and it was still pretty filthy.
I really want mine untouched.. stickers, plastic and all. I want to unwrap her and fit the plates. Then I'll laminate all the stickers and keep them in a special folder with the car.

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I really want mine untouched.. stickers, plastic and all. I want to unwrap her and fit the plates. Then I'll laminate all the stickers and keep them in a special folder with the car.
I worry about you sometimes Nige.:cheers:
Sponsored