Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I run 255 Blizzaks on 19x8.5 rims in the winter. Works fine.

38084713035_ca455c3d47_b.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I only have experience with Blizzaks, but I had good luck with them. They gripped well in poor conditions and lasted quite a while. I ran mine for 5 years with no problems and sold them on after selling the GT350. I had them on a 2011 GT and a 2015 GT and I drove those cars every single day through the winter. The GT350 didn't see much winter use unless the roads were clear.

I can tell you I ran up against another Mustang - a 2014 or earlier - in really cold weather and whatever tire he had allowed him to completely annihilate me every single time. I kept trying even knowing that he had more grip, but I lost badly to him. I was in the GT350 and spun the Blizzaks every time - or lost because I didn't apply enough throttle. Either way, his tires had more grip. This was on cold, but not icy pavement.

Point being, there are definitely some tires out there that will grip on cold, dry pavement better than the Blizzaks. I'm not sure what those are. But I still liked the Blizzaks for snow and ice and would buy them again.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I absolutely hate those posts where they treat their Mustang like it's shit by only letting it drive in certain conditions. Ford didn't test the shit out of this car just for you to drive it on summer tires between May and August. You're not showing your love for your Mustang just because you drive it 1/3 out of a year, you're just showing you don't believe how capable your car actually is.
No car lasts over time in heavily salted/brine coated roads up here. You can rust proof it annually but its only prolonging the inevitable.

Esp domestic Trucks your lucky to get 6 yrs out of an F150 without the bottom rusting out.(depending how much you drive. Early morning hwy commutes are the worst.)

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I absolutely hate those posts where they treat their Mustang like it's shit by only letting it drive in certain conditions. Ford didn't test the shit out of this car just for you to drive it on summer tires between May and August. You're not showing your love for your Mustang just because you drive it 1/3 out of a year, you're just showing you don't believe how capable your car actually is.
Well, when you buy mine for me, I'll let you tell me when to drive it.

Until then; STFU....................:devil:

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ran the brand new Pirelli All seasons last year and was blown away by how well they did in a Canadian winter.
That being said, I’m looking at 255/40/19 winter tires to slap on my factory black package wheels for this year.
I personally wouldn’t consider running a 10” wide wheel in the winter at least up here.
Sponsored