OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
Nope, I'm the IT Manager for a small analytics company. I'm a Colorado native, and been working remote for a few years out of Denver. My CEO per$uaded me to move to Houston as this is where our HQ is at.

As for a better job market my wife can vouch for that. She had 3 offers on the table her our first week out here. Back in Denver she was aggressively applying for a "better" job for 3 months and no hits.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
Get the 2015 & pay the going rate. Much improved Even though price of '14 is tempting

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Just sit inside the boring dated interior of the S197 and the money saved doesn't seem worth it at that point...

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
I don't think the S197 and the S550 can even be compared, and certainly not at $3k difference.

Go with the S550 that you had originally wanted and don't look back. Inside and out, and under the hood, it is a vastly superior car. Better seats, better interior, better tech, better engine, better suspension, better looks, greater safety.

S197 will lead to buyer's remorse. Also, notice how the salesman approached you and got you to test drive it, then hit you up with the $6500 rebate after? He's hoping to dump that POS on you. You should have laughed in his face at only around $3k price difference from a brand new S550 GT 6MT. If I had been in your shoes, I'd only start looking interested in the '14 if the price was like... $23k.

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Nope, I'm the IT Manager for a small analytics company. I'm a Colorado native, and been working remote for a few years out of Denver. My CEO per$uaded me to move to Houston as this is where our HQ is at.

As for a better job market my wife can vouch for that. She had 3 offers on the table her our first week out here. Back in Denver she was aggressively applying for a "better" job for 3 months and no hits.
that sounds mostly like my move from San Diego. i had nothing for 18 months... zero. i am very qualified, but no one was calling. moved to Omaha and started 1 month later.

wife had a job waiting - as a Nurse, she could pretty much get a job anywhere just by showing up and smiling really pretty. (while i had to show a little leg)

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I don't think the S197 and the S550 can even be compared, and certainly not at $3k difference.

Go with the S550 that you had originally wanted and don't look back. Inside and out, and under the hood, it is a vastly superior car. Better seats, better interior, better tech, better engine, better suspension, better looks, greater safety.

S197 will lead to buyer's remorse. Also, notice how the salesman approached you and got you to test drive it, then hit you up with the $6500 rebate after? He's hoping to dump that POS on you. You should have laughed in his face at only around $3k price difference from a brand new S550 GT 6MT. If I had been in your shoes, I'd only start looking interested in the '14 if the price was like... $23k.
i am not trying to correct you or anything, i am asking because i had been thinking that the 10 - 14 was the SN10, while the 05 - 09 was the S197... was a wrong this whole time? of so, where on earth did i get the SN10 bit from??

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
2005 - 2014 were all S197's.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
i am not trying to correct you or anything, i am asking because i had been thinking that the 10 - 14 was the SN10, while the 05 - 09 was the S197... was a wrong this whole time? of so, where on earth did i get the SN10 bit from??
SN95 '95-'04 ("New Edge" '99-'04)
S197 '05-'14

No idea where SN10 comes from.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I thought the same as you in April. They had a 2014 GT Base W/ Track Pack for 28k ..I almost couldn't believe it!

Went and test drove it and it drove just fine, engine was great. But the exterior just felt mismatched to me. The updated tinted taillights, the hood vents and the race red color it had just didn't appeal that much to me.

It just felt so old already. Which is a ridiculous thing to say since they were only around for 2 years (the refresh anyways). Part of it is there are a lot of those Mustangs runnin around here !

That's when I started looking at the 2015 and really falling in love. I'm a sucker for upgrades and the IRS, interior, reworked 5.0 plus all the other nice stuff that comes standard (HIDs, Rear Camera, etc) were just the perfect blend.

I'm getting a base GT as well, just with the Performance Package + a few other things (in signature). I find large screens to be very distracting while driving ! :p

I would have had instant buyers remorse had I bought the '14. And even worse as soon as I saw a 2015 driving around. Hell I'm hoping the first one I see is mine being delivered!

Good luck with your decision.

Sponsored

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Check the depreciation factor for a '14 versus a '15. Buying last year's car means you'll eat more probably. But from an inner child viewpoint? I'd get the '15 without thinking twice. Drastically different (and better from most reviews). Good luck with decision.

Stanggang

Threads
Reaction score
+1 on the 2015, in my area I see the 2011-2014 gt mustang every where and I mean everywhere like 1 out of 6 cars that pass by is a mustang. At lwast with the 15' you'll have a wow factor like seeing a ferrari :D

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Engendering Design? 2015 is literally 10 years ahead, in away you are not buy a car a year older, but 10years older.

Aesthetic Design? Both look great!

I've said it before but it's worth saying again, 14 has 4 airbags, 15 has 8 airbags. The passenger compartment is said to a lot stronger.

I know 14 is off my radar.

God Bless you,

DeColores

kc3333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 YB Boss, 2012 SGM MCA
Drive both. Then decide. Only then will you see your true destiny. ;)

Some reviewers have said this car is refined vs. visceral. Germany (15) vs. Detroit (14). You may actually prefer Detroit.

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Drive both. Then decide. Only then will you see your true destiny. ;)

Some reviewers have said this car is refined vs. visceral. Germany (15) vs. Detroit (14). You may actually prefer Detroit.
If I may borrow a religious term: Please don't repeat the blaspheme of referring to the 2015 as Germany. Mustang may learn from our world wide friends, but Mustang is and God willing will always be Americas Pony Car.

DeColores
Sponsored