Sponsored

Decisions, Decisions...

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
My "window of opportunity" will be open at least until the end of the year, probably longer, so I am in no rush to make a decision. The money is set-aside mod-money, so also good from that standpoint. I guess if I decide to go with the blower and I don't like it, I could take it off and sell it used for what I paid.:shrug:
Keep me in mind if you don't like it and want to sell it! :D
Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Hurry up and put the blower on!
So you can decide if you like it. Hopefully not,then sell it. TO ME!!!!:headbang:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
a blower would give you the most bang for the buck, but many great ways you can go

feel free to give us a ring and bend our ear to go over your project

beef

Felixthecat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT,300A, MT, PP
a blower would give you the most bang for the buck, but many great ways you can go

feel free to give us a ring and bend our ear to go over your project

beef
I have a similar issue and if I could buy a $2,500 blower I would do that in a heart beat. Definitely needing advice on power adders and not sure if I could throw down the big bucks needed to go the blower route.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
[MENTION=11448]Felixthecat[/MENTION] 99% of the members on this forum are very helpful and have great advice. That being said, beefcake that commented right above you has answered the phone or text or email EVERY SINGLE TIME I've contacted him.(and that's been a lot) That dude knows his shit and has some great deals. Hell, he's done me so right on everything I'm hauling my car to his guys at Finishline Performance for my build tmrw and it's a 6 hour drive one way for me. I would reach out to him if your looking to purchase or have any questions on what direction to go or where to start. I was like a newborn in a titty bar when I started to mod. I didn't know which direction to go or what to do first. This forum is gold. I'm on here reading a dozen times a day at least

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
A centrifugal supercharger drives close to stock under normal driving conditions unless you're not mashing on the gas. So Option 1 would be a hell of a deal. And if you don't like it you can always turn around and make a profit off it selling it. Especially for getting it at such a cheap price.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
a blower for 2500 would be a no brainer, OP you said you likely had a few months to decide, I wouldn't wait, that bargain could dry up and you get the rug snatched out from under your feet. I bet you would regret it if you missed out. I know I would

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Maybe I'm with the other school of thought. If you're not chasing 700hp do the suspension mods and PP2. At least your warranty stays intact and you fix the suspension issues that these stock one have. I'm perfectly content with the HP that these have stock. Most of my my mods were cosmetic and suspension and exhaust.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'll never understand this.

The throttle is not an on/off switch. You don't drive around flooring the car all the time now, do you?
I believe he is trying to say the power is useless on the street unless you are doing something illegal.

Felixthecat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT,300A, MT, PP
I believe he is trying to say the power is useless on the street unless you are doing something illegal.
pppppfffff......give the blower to me!!! TO MEEEE!!!! I will do all the things with it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks everybody for their $0.02! Looks like the vast majority would go for the blower. I am still on the fence. Looking into buying a small used truck as a DD/for the winter (like a Dakota or Ranger), which would make me lean towards getting the blower.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Maybe I'm with the other school of thought. If you're not chasing 700hp do the suspension mods and PP2. At least your warranty stays intact and you fix the suspension issues that these stock one have. I'm perfectly content with the HP that these have stock. Most of my my mods were cosmetic and suspension and exhaust.
I'm with this guy. Who among us can use the stock GT HP on the street? It is frustrating enough as it is. At least you have the 3.55 with auto, which helps down low for 2nd and 3rd pulls.

I am upgrading my similar car with suspension tomorrow. If I were in your position, I would buy/resell the blower at a profit (maybe let it sit on the shelf while I ponder), and use the profit to fund the suspension mods.

Got a speeding ticket a month ago after going around a curve at 80mph in the country - first one in many years. And yes, maybe I'm getting older, too.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I'm with this guy. Who among us can use the stock GT HP on the street? It is frustrating enough as it is. At least you have the 3.55 with auto, which helps down low for 2nd and 3rd pulls.

I am upgrading my similar car with suspension tomorrow. If I were in your position, I would buy/resell the blower at a profit (maybe let it sit on the shelf while I ponder), and use the profit to fund the suspension mods.

Got a speeding ticket a month ago after going around a curve at 80mph in the country - first one in many years. And yes, maybe I'm getting older, too.

Valid point...the stock 435 hp is more than enough for the street (I came from the 3.7 V6 with a tune). Anything beyond 4k rpm is magnificent with the Coyote, though I am missing some low end torque, which I knew when I decided to get the 5.0. 3.55 gears with the auto was a must have for my purchase; I drove 1,600 miles roundtrip to pick up the GT with all the options I wanted. I put 3.31s in my previous V6 and ended up regretting not doing 3.55s, which is the sweet spot for autos. If I went with the blower, I couldn't just sell it to make a profit. Like I said earlier, I would get it through a family member, who would do the install for free.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Look, I get it with all the blower fans out there. Including the Pride of Ownership thing. It's just not for me, since I am more of a twisty's kind of guy. I don't want lower gas mileage, more top end HP without much more low end torque, risk of warranty, higher maintenance and/or reliability risk.

After my suspension mods, my car will go another year before 3-year warranty is up. Still not sure I would add CAI+tune before the 5-year warranty is up, but that is a more viable option for me than any sort of FI. Just my 2¢.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm doing a NA build over FI, but for 2500 I'd be doing a procharger
Sponsored