Sponsored

Decisions, Decisions...

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi, I have a pleasant problem:

Car is a '16 GT auto with 3.55's and a Corsa Sport CB, rest is stock. Love that thing but looking for a little more power.

Option #1:
I have an opportunity to get a new blower kit for $2,5k installed through a family member. Car will most likely never see a track and while this is a steal (and probably a no-brainer for most here), I am concerned about (daily) drivability. I've driven 2 supercharged Mustangs and while the power is a blast, it is almost scary/too much for normal street driving (in my opinion - maybe I am just getting old). Other than that, I'd probably have to drop some extra $$ for suspension and tires to be able to put the power down.

Option #2:
The alternative would be keeping it moderate (and the factory warranty) by getting the PP2 (between $800 and $900 installed), better tires (between $800 and $900) - hate the Pirellis and some suspension mods (around $700 - $900) which would bring going this route to about $2,5k as well.

What would you do? Am I being an idiot for even considering NOT going FI for that price? Please be honest, I can handle the truth :D Thank you!
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If you want just some power (enough to notice) I'd recommend get a Lund FF tune and a CAI. It definitely turned my automatic GT into a different animal altogether.

If it were me I'd take advantage of the supercharger and get it done. You can always control it with your foot and get the tune so the throttle may behave a little better? Idk

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Option 1 without a doubt. If not pass that info to other members lol.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
If you want just some power (enough to notice) I'd recommend get a Lund FF tune and a CAI. It definitely turned my automatic GT into a different animal altogether.

If it were me I'd take advantage of the supercharger and get it done. You can always control it with your foot and get the tune so the throttle may behave a little better? Idk
Do Lund tunes only work with 93 octane?

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
SCT X4 and tune from Shaun at AED.

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I'd have to agree, I'd look at potentially getting a custom tune for the blower kit thats only 2500. Which kit?

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.......I've driven 2 supercharged Mustangs and while the power is a blast, it is almost scary/too much for normal street driving.....
I'll never understand this.

The throttle is not an on/off switch. You don't drive around flooring the car all the time now, do you?

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
I'll never understand this.

The throttle is not an on/off switch. You don't drive around flooring the car all the time now, do you?
OP, I agree with NoVa. You can get accustomed to it by easing into it. Re-learn the car basically with the additional power.

My thinking is you won't come across this deal again so if it's not putting you in a financial strain, go for it and don't look back!

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I have a 6 mile roundtrip to work, lol, and use the stang on the weekends, that's what I meant with "too much". By "scary" I meant full throttle. Totally agree, not flooring the car all the time but the more power you have the more you use it :)

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
OP, I agree with NoVa. You can get accustomed to it by easing into it. Re-learn the car basically with the additional power.

My thinking is you won't come across this deal again so if it's not putting you in a financial strain, go for it and don't look back!

My "window of opportunity" will be open at least until the end of the year, probably longer, so I am in no rush to make a decision. The money is set-aside mod-money, so also good from that standpoint. I guess if I decide to go with the blower and I don't like it, I could take it off and sell it used for what I paid.:shrug:

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's a no-brainer. You have the perfect car (exactly like mine LOL) to add a blower to. Forget the other stuff. forced induction is the only way to go.
Sponsored