Oakley_5OH

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
did you ask to speak to a manager? If you express your problems to a manager and they are not responsive, only then would I write off the entire dealership as idiots. There may some slackers on the shop floor, but if management fails to keep them in line, then there isn't much you can do.
I'm talking about two different places now. It is getting tiresome to try and just get some help. Doesn't help that the only reason I got the car at the original place was a family friend who retired two months after I bought the car. If I go to a third dealer and have any issues I'll probably have a nervous breakdown lol
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
not sure what to tell you about the oil cap stupidity

as for the brakes, if it was my shop, and I felt the brakes were defective, I would warranty fix them. If I felt they were not broken in properly, I would say that, and offer them to buy new pads and turn the rotors, and hand them a print-out on how to properly break in brake pads.

Could be Brembo's are naturally noisy and sound like a city bus, but I doubt it. Lots of people here run Brembo's, and you could post a Poll thread. "Are your brakes quiet, sometimes noisy, always noisy, etc

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just got a call from the dealership that was looking at my PP brakes. They just resurfaced the rotors. Not sure how much that is going to do. We'll see when I pick it up and test.

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
Dealership resurfaced my brakes and they are squeal free but it's only been a month since then so we'll see. If it does come back then I'll just buy new pads myself. Not worth the hassle again.

Last edited:

2015MagneticGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Comp Orange
My gt pp does the exact same thing. It's embarrassing squealing to a stop when DDing the 5.0.

I wish ford would realize the PP brakes need a squealing TSB as well.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My PP brakes are dead silent.

That said, I bedded mine pretty aggressively. When I pulled into my shop after doing so it smelled like hot brakes for the rest of the day.

2015MagneticGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Comp Orange
I also did a bed in procedure the day i bought the car. Still squealing to no avail :-(

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm talking about two different places now. It is getting tiresome to try and just get some help. Doesn't help that the only reason I got the car at the original place was a family friend who retired two months after I bought the car. If I go to a third dealer and have any issues I'll probably have a nervous breakdown lol
My gt pp does the exact same thing. It's embarrassing squealing to a stop when DDing the 5.0.

I wish ford would realize the PP brakes need a squealing TSB as well.
Let’s get this escalated for you, guys. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get the customer service manager for your area looped in.

Deysha

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
The base GT has 4 piston fronts, but they are not brembo. The PP has brembo 6-pots, or 3 per side.
They are just not "branded" as BREMBO on the GT non power pack. But they are the exact same design just smaller.

BREMBO is not the high end brake company everyone makes them out to be. At this term, it is more a marketing term. Just look at how many cars out there tout "BREMBO" brake package.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
They are just not "branded" as BREMBO on the GT non power pack. But they are the exact same design just smaller...
They're not branded Brembo like on the performance pack, because they're not Brembo lol. They're Akebono. Wouldn't exactly say it's the exact same design either when they're made by a different company... with 2 less pistons.

And the confusion was OP not knowing what brakes he has on a car he bought, repeatedly saying he has 4-pots, while claiming he has a PP.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Wants high performance stuff but wants zero noise like a Lincoln... Can't have both one or the other.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Wants high performance stuff but wants zero noise like a Lincoln... Can't have both one or the other.
Exactly. Unfortunately, a lot of people on here seem to be clueless as to why their HIGH PERFORMANCE brakes make noise.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
I had a G35 with OEM BREMBO that squeked when cold or with light brake application. And my Mustang GT PP does the same thing when your light on the pedal. Its be nature of the beast. If I press on the brakes more it goes away. IMO its just one of those sounds you get used to

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Typical Ford loyalist response... The coyote motor is amazing and It's fast bro I don't care how shitty the rest of the car is...

Here's my GT/PP brake problem (dealer doesn't know what to do)

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
That is definitely not normal sounds like a fog horn

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored