Dear Ford- Brake check

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
I've seen it time and time again about people complaining about the Brembo Brakes for the performance package brakes on the 2015 Mustang GT. I have a friend who practically has the same car as me but in a different color and both of our brakes are HORRIBLE! A ford dealership by me has my car yesterday to look at it and today to do the change. Ford doesn't replace the Four-Piston Brembo brakes but they replace the Three-Piston Brembo brakes. Who else has this ridiculous sound? I am tired of hearing it and than Ford is saying oh no, it's fine you can deal with it? I don't even blame the dealer that has my car because rules are rules and i get that.

Dear FORD,
If I wanted my car to sound like a 1986 Honda Accord when I apply my brakes to stop, you should have let me know before hand because it could have saved me $36,000.00. Your customer service is complete garbage and even though I love my car, your quality is crap. Nothing like driving a gorgeous car that sounds great when you start it up, but god forbid I need to use my brakes.. I'd rather be seen in a Smart Car.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
lol as if there weren't enough threads on this already.

Also, what? What 4 piston brembo brakes do you have??
Ford doesn't replace the Four-Piston Brembo brakes but they replace the Three-Piston Brembo brakes.
The base GT has 4 piston fronts, but they are not brembo. The PP has brembo 6-pots, or 3 per side.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If you searched first, there's already long threads about a TSB for both the Brembo and another for the regular GT (PP Ecoboost) brakes squealing.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Mine squeak a little bit but I think the bigger problem is the insane amount of dust they generate.

OP
OP
Oakley_5OH

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Sorry. Just got my car back. Posted this in frustration lol. So supposedly my issue cannot be resolved because my Four-Piston Brembos in the front are not covered. Multiple things I have seen online have said they are covered but the service buttetin that they were looking at says otherwise. I have a 15 Base GT with PP. RIDICULOUS squeal. I will search now

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I've seen it time and time again about people complaining about the Brembo Brakes for the performance package brakes on the 2015 Mustang GT. I have a friend who practically has the same car as me but in a different color and both of our brakes are HORRIBLE! A ford dealership by me has my car yesterday to look at it and today to do the change. Ford doesn't replace the Four-Piston Brembo brakes but they replace the Three-Piston Brembo brakes. Who else has this ridiculous sound? I am tired of hearing it and than Ford is saying oh no, it's fine you can deal with it? I don't even blame the dealer that has my car because rules are rules and i get that.

Dear FORD,
If I wanted my car to sound like a 1986 Honda Accord when I apply my brakes to stop, you should have let me know before hand because it could have saved me $36,000.00. Your customer service is complete garbage and even though I love my car, your quality is crap. Nothing like driving a gorgeous car that sounds great when you start it up, but god forbid I need to use my brakes.. I'd rather be seen in a Smart Car.

Thanks.
Please do a little more research, and post in a existing thread; versus shitting up the TSB section with another complaint about brake noise.

This doesn't help anything, and blaming Ford for Brembo and Akebono, supplied components is interesting. My roommate does foundation brakes, for FCA. Brembo is a huge fucking pain in the ass to deal with. And Akebono, the supplier of the Mustang 4 piston brakes has there monuments as well.

If you want to add useful information like conditions, repeat-ability, and pass that along to your dealer that might be useful. Heck record the noise and offer to give them the file to analyze the frequencies being produced.

I am not a brake or release engineer, but this is alot that goes into noises produced, and performance oriented braking systems are much worse. A common way to get rid of noises is to add damping mass.

Then people complain about the weight.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Sorry. Just got my car back. Posted this in frustration lol. So supposedly my issue cannot be resolved because my Four-Piston Brembos in the front are not covered. Multiple things I have seen online have said they are covered but the service buttetin that they were looking at says otherwise. I have a 15 Base GT with PP. RIDICULOUS squeal. I will search now
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=85
Brake Tech
Brake Pad & Rotor Bed-In Procedures

"Bedding-in new pads and rotors should be done carefully and slowly...Most brake pad compounds will take up to 300-400 miles to fully develop an even transfer film on the rotors."

Failure to follow these procedures may result in brake judder, excessive noise, or other difficulties in bedding-in the new brake pads.

if they are not covered, the above my explain why they are not covered

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
First you claim you have 4 piston Brembo calipers, then you claim you have a GT with the Performance Pack. Which is it? The GT PP cars have 6 piston Brembo calipers, base GT (non-PP) cars have 4 piston calipers.

As far as the brake noise goes, intermittent brake squeals and squeaks are NORMAL. You bought a car with a high performance brake system designed for track use. When the brakes are cold, or under light braking, they will emit noise. That's the compromise to have a brake system that can haul the car down from 150+ MPH lap after lap on a track. If you don't like it, then you shouldn't have bought a high performance, track oriented car.

How does the saying go? "If you can't take the heat...."

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... When the brakes are cold, or under light braking, they will emit noise. That's the compromise to have a brake system that can haul the car down from 150+ MPH lap after lap on a track. If you don't like it, then you shouldn't have bought a high performance, track oriented car.
Go easy on 'em FordTechOne ! :lol:

My guess is his brake pads / rotors didn't get broken in properly and now they squeal. My (non-PP) brakes don't make any noise but if they did I would look into how to break-in brake pads, and either get the current set repaired, or replaced and then attempt to break them in properly.

OP
OP
Oakley_5OH

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
First you claim you have 4 piston Brembo calipers, then you claim you have a GT with the Performance Pack. Which is it? The GT PP cars have 6 piston Brembo calipers, base GT (non-PP) cars have 4 piston calipers.

As far as the brake noise goes, intermittent brake squeals and squeaks are NORMAL. You bought a car with a high performance brake system designed for track use. When the brakes are cold, or under light braking, they will emit noise. That's the compromise to have a brake system that can haul the car down from 150+ MPH lap after lap on a track. If you don't like it, then you shouldn't have bought a high performance, track oriented car.

How does the saying go? "If you can't take the heat...."
So the brake squeal that is so loud that I can hear it over my headers, exhaust, and radio half way up after driving stop and go traffic for an hour to and from work when it sounds like my car is going to fall apart? Yeah. Sounds like it should totally be like that. I have the Brembo brakes. Sorry I don't know the correct specs to a set of brakes lol... If you're correct... And I'm not saying you're wrong, I guess that's what happens when the ford dealership has been telling me I have 4 piston calipers and the TSB only covers 3 piston calipers but my car has brembo brakes. Hence the confusion.

Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
So the brake squeal that is so loud that I can hear it over my headers, exhaust, and radio half way up after driving stop and go traffic for an hour to and from work when it sounds like my car is going to fall apart? Yeah. Sounds like it should totally be like that. I have the Brembo brakes. Sorry I don't know the correct specs to a set of brakes lol... If you're correct... And I'm not saying you're wrong, I guess that's what happens when the ford dealership has been telling me I have 4 piston calipers and the TSB only covers 3 piston calipers but my car has brembo brakes. Hence the confusion.
# 1: Once again...you bought a car with track ready, high performance brakes. Moderate brake noise when the brakes are cold and under light braking is NORMAL.

#2: Find a new dealer. Any dealer that tells you your car has 4 piston calipers and that the TSB covers "3 piston calipers" has no business servicing vehicles. That is just embarrassing.

OP
OP
Oakley_5OH

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
# 1: Once again...you bought a car with track ready, high performance brakes. Moderate brake noise when the brakes are cold and under light braking is NORMAL.

#2: Find a new dealer. Any dealer that tells you your car has 4 piston calipers and that the TSB covers "3 piston calipers" has no business servicing vehicles. That is just embarrassing.
Once again.... My car sounds like it's going to fall apart. Not "moderate" brake noise. Let's try this again. I've contacted ford because of multiple issues with different ford dealerships around me. First oil change, they left the oil cap off, closed my hood. Pinned my oil cap in between my hood and fuse box cover. Had to replace the fuse box cover. Took my car for a test drive. Oil sprayed all over my engine bay. Only reason why I found out was because I came back and it was being cleaned up. Ever since there's been stupid annoying things that have been happening... Which is why I am frustrated.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
sometimes mis-info is just the one guy are talking too. He may be a noob, or perhaps the ironic know-it-all, non-enthusiast. Solution might be to speak to someone else within the same dealership.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Once again.... My car sounds like it's going to fall apart. Not "moderate" brake noise. Let's try this again. I've contacted ford because of multiple issues with different ford dealerships around me. First oil change, they left the oil cap off, closed my hood. Pinned my oil cap in between my hood and fuse box cover. Had to replace the fuse box cover. Took my car for a test drive. Oil sprayed all over my engine bay. Only reason why I found out was because I came back and it was being cleaned up. Ever since there's been stupid annoying things that have been happening... Which is why I am frustrated.
did you ask to speak to a manager? If you express your problems to a manager and they are not responsive, only then would I write off the entire dealership as idiots. There may some slackers on the shop floor, but if management fails to keep them in line, then there isn't much you can do.

OP
OP
Oakley_5OH

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
sometimes mis-info is just the one guy are talking too. He may be a noob, or perhaps the ironic know-it-all, non-enthusiast. Solution might be to speak to someone else within the same dealership.
EDIT: totally thought that said something completely different lmfao half falling asleep my bad

But no I know. It's ridiculous. It was the service manager I was speaking to about the brakes. Obviously whoever else told him what to write or wrote up the paperwork. Kind of stuck lol
Sponsored