Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
That is definitely not normal sounds like a fog horn

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I had the same issues with mine... dealership said to just slam on my brakes and it would go away.... yeah i printed out the TSB for them and they replaced the front rotors/pads... problem fixed.
Sponsored

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
what is is normal for me is lightly pressing and light squeak that goes away once you press a lil more.

That sound might be from the brakes not being bed in correctly or just a bad set.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I had the same issues with mine... dealership said to just slam on my brakes and it would go away.... yeah i printed out the TSB for them and they replaced the front rotors/pads... problem fixed.
He has the GT Performance Pack, which isn't applicable under the TSB. The TSB only covers EcoBoost Performance Pack models and base GT models, which use the 4 piston calipers.

The noise GhostRider8 has is a brake vibration. It's caused by improper brake pad to rotor bedding when new, or by faulty brake pads or poor rotor machining. Chances are that machining the rotors and replacing the pads would resolve the noise issue.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Typical Ford loyalist response... The coyote motor is amazing and It's fast bro I don't care how shitty the rest of the car is...

Here's my GT/PP brake problem (dealer doesn't know what to do)

That's exactly the issue I'm still having. The squealing everyone described is annoying (and still an issue on my car). But that loud hum/grinding is still happening after the dealer machined my rotors. So frustrating!!!

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
I did a little bit more research, it's hard to find people that describe the exact noise you have but did read that alot of people on other forums and areas recommend re-bedding your pads. Some say to just drive it some others say to follow a rebed procedure. Here a few links i found while googling. Hope it might help. Also i bought track pads for my last car (g35) with brembos and had to follow a similar procedure before they could be used properly.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/brembo-brake-bedding-in-procedure.195883/

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=85

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-s...ions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I have "seated" my brakes multiple times and I don't drive like a grandpa. I only get that noise when it's above 70 degrees outside.
Sponsored