OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thanks. It was my biggest problem at the moment and actually wasn't really that big of a problem, just time consuming :)

Pretty stupid, but if that's your biggest problem right now.......congratulations!
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I've got Ford Reward Points and 1 free oil changes waiting and I do my own oil changes

I let the dealer change it twice. 1st time they put 7 quarts in instead of 8. 2nd time they argued with me saying I don't need synthetic and put in regular oil. Okay thats fine but I wanted synthetic.

I'm done with them and I really wanted to like the Ford Dealer.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Man you read through this forum and yall have some bad dealers. Now I live in a area of the country where absolutely no one and I mean no one cares about their job. People Here could not care any less if they totally F up your day or property. But the dealers are actually fairly good. 5 or 10 years ago yeah I would have changed my own oil but now. It is way cheaper to go to the dealer and so much less hassle. Or better yet if it wasn't for the points making it free I wouldn't even go there I would go to the local quick change. I know I know...but here they verbally call out everything to double check they even look up your cars specs and verify everything with you before they do it and still do it so fast you don't even have to get out the car. all that aside the cost.... around here anyway to get the 10 quarts of oil is gonna be 40 minimum. Then the filter.. the tools the time...then having to get rid of the oil is a pain. Or I just go to ford who even without points does a oil change for 29 bucks. They do the whole oil change for less than I can just get the oil. They use the factory ford oil which is fine for me. If I take them my own oil they do it for like 9 bucks. Why anyone still does it at home... Unless you just enjoy it :)

If you really want to get me going about dealers its the you call a week ahead for an APPOINTMENT!!! they say be here at 8 don't be late. You show up and they say well we will get to your car soon and then 2 hours later... Doesn't anyone know the meaning of the word appointment? Seems 3 hour oil changes at dealers is fairly common prctice.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. Why anyone still does it at home... Unless you just enjoy it :)

If you really want to get me going about dealers its the you call a week ahead for an APPOINTMENT!!! they say be here at 8 don't be late. You show up and they say well we will get to your car soon and then 2 hours later... Doesn't anyone know the meaning of the word appointment? Seems 3 hour oil changes at dealers is fairly common prctice.

^^^ thats another reason why I don't go to the Dealer. ^^^^

Takes me 45 minutes to drive there and it takes 2 hours to do it for some reason even with a appointment. That 3 and a half hours. Half a frekkin day :explode:

I takes me 15 minutes to change my oil in the garage. I put the old oil in mIlk cartons and just drop it off at Advance Auto where I buy the oil an filter. and yes I enjoy doing It.

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I haven't had problems with ford dealers on the service side. I use Porter ford and they have a designated tech for mustangs. Which may or may not be a lie but after chatting with the tech, he seemed very good at what he does. In this day and age I feel like dealers are very hit or miss, it almost seems like car dealers are money grabs by that I mean in it for the short term.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
^^^ thats another reason why I don't go to the Dealer. ^^^^

Takes me 45 minutes to drive there and it takes 2 hours to do it for some reason even with a appointment. That 3 and a half hours. Half a frekkin day :explode:

I takes me 15 minutes to change my oil in the garage. I put the old oil in mIlk cartons and just drop it off at Advance Auto where I buy the oil an filter. and yes I enjoy doing It.
I mean yeah I hear ya LOL. But what I do is when a dealer jerks me around on a oil change i start wondering the lot till a salesman comes out and I go test drive cars. Then when he wants me to buy one I say no Im just in for a oil change. Actually had one man up and ask me why I wanted to test drive the cars then and I was honest I said well yall wasted my time so I figured I would waste yours LOL. Plus I have a gravel driveway and no garage. So oil changes myself are a bit of a chore. Al depends on your set up :) for me hell my stands are in the shed moving car to a flat spot jacking it up.... blah blah blah. I would have a hour into it, family bother me the whole time. Well you get it . For me not worth doing at home :) all the extra running to buy the oil and filter and dropping off used.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. It was my biggest problem at the moment and actually wasn't really that big of a problem, just time consuming :)
For Roush that's a huge problem. The warranty specifies 5w50. I wouldn't want to be driving around 660rwhp with the wrong oil.

xmadror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 ecoboost
That's what is really annoying with my dealer, it takes a very long time for basic jobs, its basically a ~2h oil change after letting the car wait in the parking lot for an hour.
Or I can ask them to drop me at home and come pick me up but that makes the oil change take 5 to 6 hours and I don't really like leaving my car at the dealership if I can avoid it.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus I have a gravel driveway and no garage. So oil changes myself are a bit of a chore. Al depends on your set up :) for me hell my stands are in the shed moving car to a flat spot jacking it up.... blah blah blah. I would have a hour into it, family bother me the whole time. Well you get it . For me not worth doing at home :) all the extra running to buy the oil and filter and dropping off used.
Your just not set up right and yeah I wouldn't do it either under those conditions.

Love my garage. Relaxing with tunes and beer. Changing the Engine Oil, Primary and Transmission fluid in the Harley Today.

I let the dealer do it one time because I was feeling lazy and they put the oil filter on way too tight and it was a nightmare to take off. They also super tightened the Derby cover bolts and I had to chisel 2 of them out and go back to the dealer to get new ones. :explode:

Its not just Ford dealer mechanics that suck ... lol

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Your just not set up right and yeah I wouldn't do it either under those conditions.

Love my garage. Relaxing with tunes and beer. Changing the Engine Oil, Primary and Transmission fluid in the Harley Today.

I let the dealer do it one time because I was feeling lazy and they put the oil filter on way too tight and it was a nightmare to take off. They also super tightened the Derby cover bolts and I had to chisel 2 of them out and go back to the dealer to get new ones. :explode:

Its not just Ford dealer mechanics that suck ... lol
Oh jesus, I bit off topic but yes. My buddy has his tires changed and worked on at his ford dealer. When we go to do some work on his car it takes both of us basically standing on the lug wrench to break the lugs loose. They dont pay any attention to toruqe specs thats for sure. If he was on side of road he would never get those wheels off if a flat happened.

Sponsored
OP
OP
m3incorp

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I do agree with that part. My response was more to answer the poster who asked if that is the biggest problem I have. I'm assuming that he meant there are more things to be worried about in life. I definitely would not want to be driving it with anything other than the Roush specified oil weight.

For Roush that's a huge problem. The warranty specifies 5w50. I wouldn't want to be driving around 660rwhp with the wrong oil.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
OH they will still be in business because there are thousands of people that are not on auto forums and have no idea how to do anything to their car. I didn't make a first mistake, since I chose to take it there :) Oil changes are not rocket science and in the end it worked out ok. I have the credit, so why not use it. The important thing is I know to check and verify.
I was alluding to the Covid stuff multiplied by crappy service. Guess we'll see :)

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Can you use the rewards points and buy the oil and filter from the parts dept? then do the service at home.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I takes me 15 minutes to change my oil in the garage.
Meh.. I put a 5 gallon pail under the drain, poke a hole in the oil filter, then come back in an hour or until it's drip dry. I ain't in no rush haha.