Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
915EAD33-63C1-4850-BDAA-FEB1707B2ED0.jpeg

I live in a front plate state, got my car from a dealer in a no front plate state. They did not drill. At first I didn’t really give two 💩💩, but now I’m really glad they didn’t.
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
no, your timeline is all wrong. i'm telling them i don't want the car BECAUSE they put the front plate on it... and they were told every step of the way to not do that.
Ahh my apologies! Glad things got squared away for you!

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Good deal!! The silver PP wheels I assume you mean?
YEP. same ones in my icon.

man i was two seconds away from going to gullo. probably should've at this point.

the one good thing is that everytime they screw up i've managed to get more money off my car :D

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I would rather have a plate then those plugs….ghetto. Fix it, not a big deal. They will fill the holes….primer, sealer, color where needed and reclear whole bumper. The pilot holes from factory won’t be there, and that is the only way to tell it was painted. Even those pilot holes are pretty noticeable these days. Front plates suck. So do the plugs. Do it rignt.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
so the dealer drilled holes for my front plat despite it being against their policy and despite my reiterating not to do it everytime i spoke with someone about the car.

tldr on the long story:
1. they ordered the car but with a spoiler
2. they order one without the spoiler
3. i decide fine i'll take it since no spoiler is gonna take another month at least
4. i tell GM and the sales guy sends me confirmation for spoiler car
5. i get amped about the spoiler car
6. i get financing all lined up for spoiler car
7. car shows up and these clowns at planet ford 59 in humble, tx drilled holes for the front plate

my options as i see them:
1. make them fix the bumper
2. make them replace the bumper
3. wait on the non spoiler car

what i really want is more compensation given the fact that these people have repeatedly dropped the ball every step of the way.

what would you guys do?

On the mobile site I can't see where you are from. In Cali you have no choice anymore.

Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Technically if you live in a State that let's you not attach the front plate if it's not drilled that's 100% legal, But if you get a hardass cop who can see the plugs, he's knows that it has been drilled before and he can write you a ticket and then you must put the front plate on. ( my good friend is Highway Patrol)
Yep, happened with my 95 T-Bird. Had to put the front plate on and take it to a substation to have the ticket dismissed,

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I ran without a front plate in Texas for almost 7 years before I was finally pulled over for it. I decided to put on a no-drill bracket just so the local cops won't bother me anymore.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
dude, i don't run a front plate or even window stickers.
never have problems. its all connected to the plate.

Sponsored

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I would rather have a plate then those plugs….ghetto. Fix it, not a big deal. They will fill the holes….primer, sealer, color where needed and reclear whole bumper. The pilot holes from factory won’t be there, and that is the only way to tell it was painted. Even those pilot holes are pretty noticeable these days. Front plates suck. So do the plugs. Do it rignt.
The plugs really aren't so bad for a quick fix. I had no option at my dealer since the car was already on the lot and was the last 2016 competition orange in the state, so I had to deal with it and didn't want to wait on paint. The plug paint match is very good, and I stopped noticing they were there almost immediately. Much better than the holes or a front plate.

plugs1.jpg

plugs2.jpg

rpritchard682

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had literally the exact same thing happen to me when I ordered my 16 GTPP legit called and talked to my salesman every few weeks to check on the order and remind them not to drill the holes in the bumper.

I get a text from the sales manager with the car just rolling off the trailer and I reminded them one more time not to put the front plate bracket on. A few hours later I rolled up to the dealer and they drilled the holes. Needless to say I was not pleased.

The dealership was in a super small town in Texas and majority of their sales are trucks. My family had bought a few vehicles before from them so I got the car for 2,500 under invoice those days are long gone unfortunately.

So I couldn’t really get them to budge more on price but they did cut me a check for $500 to do bumper repairs. At the time I was pissed but I did get the bumper holes filled and repainted at the body shop and it was very seamless.

So looking back on it now I’m glad I still bought the car.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The front plate bracket should be mailed to the new owners address once car is purchased, so the new owner can control the situation. The front plate should be cancelled in all 50 states, think of all the metal and plastic we would save…

dougpaw57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
If you're really from Texas like your profile indicates, run a front plate.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Im in a front plate state and told my dealer not to install the bracket. Bought a sto n sho and keep the plate in the trunk for if i get messed with.

Front plates are useless. A cop cant tell WTF your plate says when coming at you moving and cops never approach from the front.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.