Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
so the dealer drilled holes for my front plat despite it being against their policy and despite my reiterating not to do it everytime i spoke with someone about the car.

tldr on the long story:
1. they ordered the car but with a spoiler
2. they order one without the spoiler
3. i decide fine i'll take it since no spoiler is gonna take another month at least
4. i tell GM and the sales guy sends me confirmation for spoiler car
5. i get amped about the spoiler car
6. i get financing all lined up for spoiler car
7. car shows up and these clowns at planet ford 59 in humble, tx drilled holes for the front plate

my options as i see them:
1. make them fix the bumper
2. make them replace the bumper
3. wait on the non spoiler car

what i really want is more compensation given the fact that these people have repeatedly dropped the ball every step of the way.

what would you guys do?
Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
replace the bumper or check on line for 'plugs'. I just searched license plate plugs and got a whole bunch of hits. You should be able to locate something if you dont want incompetent people working on your car

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'll take a check for the $$$$ to replace front bumper with new, tell everyone at that dealer to have a nice life, then buy some plugs to fill in the holes and paint them myself with the matching touch up paint from an auto parts store.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
There is no repair here I'd be OK with. Replaced/repainted is not factory paint job.

Bumper plugs are the only thing I could see accepting, but IMO they ruined the front end.

What I'd do in your situation? Well I am happy I am not in your situation, making that decision lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
i think im gonna wait for my no spoiler car and tell them i want a loaner till it comes in or more off the price.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
What will you do if your no spoiler car arrives and they drill the bumper again..
oh man, idunno but it will be bad. especially since it is their policy to only drill holes upon customer request and i was very clear about this from day 1.

part of me is wondering if this was intentional so they could sell my car to someone else for more profit since they knew i wouldn't take it with the holes in it.

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
I think I could live with color matched plugs. They would likely only be noticed if you were looking for them. Plus, you could keep your eyes open for some unique bling to make use of the holes.

I put a blank deck lid panel on and added a little vinyl. Easily changed for something else when I get bored. The same or similar can be done up front.
Coyote.jpg

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
oh man, idunno but it will be bad. especially since it is their policy to only drill holes upon customer request and i was very clear about this from day 1.

part of me is wondering if this was intentional so they could sell my car to someone else for more profit since they knew i wouldn't take it with the holes in it.
Interesting. When I got my custom ordered car this past March, I knew my dealer was also preparing to sell it to anyone else walking on the lot, just in case I ghosted them or backed out of the deal. In fact, one of the stickers they had put on the window next to the factory sticker was the MSRP + $5000. They called it "Market Adjustment".

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i just emailed the GM telling him i'll take the no spoiler car and since this was a totally avoidable disappointment/inconvenience I asked for a loaner or another grand off our agreed upon price.

told him it'd be way cheaper than fixing the car.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
As a heads up, even a non-drilled bumper has divots in it. I’m from a 1 plate state and Granger delivered without anything on the front. But my first car wash I thought I had a rock chip. Then when I got it fully clean (lots of bugs from driving it to visit family), I realized it comes from the factory with punch marks.
Not sure if this softens your frustration at all, but if a flat bumper is what you want you’ll need to do work anyway.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i'm aware. a couple divots are fine, its factory and if it bothers me filling those in with some touch up paint will be easy.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Is there a possibility that after the first order showed up with a spoiler and you told them “no thanks order another one” that they put the front plate on because you no longer wanted it? The dealer may have believed that you no longer wanted the car (because you told them to order another) so whatever direction you provided previously about not drilling may have been moot?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.