• Watchers 78

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I agree with the side street speed not being safe or smart but sometimes on a test drive you need to simulate a real world trouble -This video in no way is justification of what happened to this guy ....
actually its a double edge sword with that - i owned a challenger with factory defect drive line/Drive shaft vibration at 62 and 70 mph and up they refused to fix it said speed limit it 55 we can't test stover 55 -- don't do over 55 you won't have a vibration ..i documented it and 4000 miles later the drive shaft vibrated and the pinion pulled out of carrier drive shaft beat the bottom of car and tunnel then feel down and catapulted the car and almost did some serious bodily harm ,i brought it in on flat bed showed them the 3 times i complained about it and how they circumvented fixing it and told them i was retaining a lawyer .Long story I left that dealer with a Brand new CAR
So sorry to hear about your issue. As I was reading it I was thinking if you drop the driveshaft that can be beyond dangerous. They are lucky they got away with only replacing the car.
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The news stories condensed the videos to show the real shit storm. I had some trouble understanding what was being said in the original video but the news stories cleaned that up. I think the OP had every right to be pissed and make a big deal of this.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Ok I watched the whole thing and only one thing bothered me. That was at about 12:30 when he let his joy riding buddy get behind the wheel while he admitted he was just learning. The 79mph pulls can be defended but this can’t.

Also, doesn’t this dealership have uniforms or jackets with the company logos on them. Not to be racist - cause one of the three is White (they are all a-holes) but it looks like the dealer hands your car off to every scofflaw in the “hood”! And the reality is that it is not a good image for the dealer.

Honorable mention to the “homie” who said “ This is a nice car - I hope the owner doesn’t get upset!” (14:50) :cwl:

And forget the dash cam - they even videotaped it! (14:30) :crackup:

At the end if the day the OP should really put the screws to the dealer as management enables all this. Stick it to the man!!!!!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I was cringing at the speeds he reached going down essentially residential streets. What a moron. I kept thinking someone was going to pull out in front of him or a kid was going to step out in the street. If I was management, at the very least I'd fire the tech for being stupid. Since the video was made public, it seems like a liability lawsuit waiting to happen if anyone gets hurt the future by this guy.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I was cringing at the speeds he reached going down essentially residential streets. What a moron. I kept thinking someone was going to pull out in front of him or a kid was going to step out in the street. If I was management, at the very least I'd fire the tech for being stupid. Since the video was made public, it seems like a liability lawsuit waiting to happen if anyone gets hurt the future by this guy.

Unfortunately dash cam speed readings can be challenged. Like I said, the pulls can be defended but lettng a guy still learning to drive stick get behind the wheel is a - no no...

Dwlow09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual 301A, with black package. 2014Cadillac XTS
Imagine if you will if the tech running 60 -70 mph down a 25mph zone and either somebody opens a car door or pulls out in front of him. I'd be highly pissed to. Go to GM, if he not willing to do anything call Ford corporate like mentioned.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Unfortunately dash cam speed readings can be challenged. Like I said, the pulls can be defended but lettng a guy still learning to drive stick get behind the wheel is a - no no...
Lol, 75 mph pulls on a 25 mph residential street can be defended? Steven is that you?

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This vid made TV news?

I watched half and really didn’t see all that much to bitch about. If it was an oil change I would bitch. If it was something that needed extensive time to drive, then whatever.
Really? You didn't see much to bitch about? Not even when he picked up his friend off the street and let him take turns beating the shit out of it as well?

Where do you live because I would love to come take your car for a spin.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
If it was a v6 mustang they did that to @Fatguy would be going ape shit right now. :crazy:

...seriously though 75 in a 25 on the clock, all 3 lost their jobs and deservedly so.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Really? You didn't see much to bitch about? Not even when he picked up his friend off the street and let him take turns beating the shit out of it as well?

Where do you live because I would love to come take your car for a spin.

When I said that I only watched half of it. I had to help a lady in distress with a busted water pump. Later I saw the whole thing with time codes that I added.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
If it was a v6 mustang they did that to @Fatguy would be going ape shit right now. :crazy:

...seriously though 75 in a 25 on the clock, all 3 lost their jobs and deservedly so.

The Fatguy response is that V6 reliability is so good they never go to the dealer for repairs. So no ape shit be happening...

V6 Forever!!!!!

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
this is literally the reason why I opted out of any kind of service plans the dealer was trying to offer me when I was signing the final papers in the finance guys office.

serious trust issues. and then they try and turn it around like its no big deal.

I would. be. livid.

Glad to see they got fired.

Hope you get the compensation you deserve.

keep us posted!

OP
OP

Deleted member 35786

Why are you not standing in front the dealership demanding to sit down with GM to resolve the issue? Telephone, email and shit like that just makes it easy for people to hide and be practically anonymous.
Face to face frightens people and that is the only way it will get resolved quickly. If your married, take the wife with you. Nothing scares men more than a aggravated woman.. :)

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Wait till people start buying GT500 and take to dealers, and dealers would rape the car. This shit happens with Chevy dealers abusing Corvettes.
Sponsored