OP
OP
raidernixon

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Thanks again for all of the responses, and information ya'll. I gotta admit there are some pretty humerous and helpful responses here and I am glad this didn't turn into an argument thread.

I've got a few good leads and better gauge of expectations thanks to you fine people. I am hoping to pull the trigger in the next several weeks. I am excited beyond belief to say the least and never thought this would be a possibility for me.

Cheers and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you all!

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Shop around. I have found several for sticker price including CFTP cars. They are out there but it takes a little looking.

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
Shop around. I have found several for sticker price including CFTP cars. They are out there but it takes a little looking.
So I take it you called each dealer and confirmed no ADM?

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Well I missed a msrp deal today. Another dealer near me got a rapid red in this morning. Salesman I spoke to early in summer called to let me know their GT500 was on the truck in their lot and about to be unloaded. So I decided i'd run down and take a look. Maybe I could get lucky and negotiate a reasonable deal.

Well I never even got 5 min from the house and salesman called me back. "Sorry its sold!" ... I said ohh, was it already spoken for. He said no. Another salesman had a guy interested. He offered to take it today for msrp and they took the offer.

I said, you are telling me you did a msrp deal before you even got it off the truck... no ADM fee. He said yes. Why would we ask for an ADM fee? Its just a base GT500, not a CFTP. Lol.

Guess its just God's way of telling me to just stay with my 21 allocation, order exactly what I want, wait it out, and be happy!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
When I picked mine up on Monday, the salesman told me that the car went up on their website 2 weeks ago before the car arrived. Apparently Ford lists all cars on the dealership’s website once it’s shipped and won’t pull it off the website until it’s actually sold. The dealership has no choice in the matter even if the car is sold. He said they were getting 15-20 calls everyday from people wanting to buy the car. The car was advertised as MSRP because they don’t do a markup. He said everyone there was happy the car was finally delivered so no more calls.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When I picked mine up on Monday, the salesman told me that the car went up on their website 2 weeks ago before the car arrived. Apparently Ford lists all cars on the dealership’s website once it’s shipped and won’t pull it off the website until it’s actually sold. The dealership has no choice in the matter even if the car is sold. He said they were getting 15-20 calls everyday from people wanting to buy the car. The car was advertised as MSRP because they don’t do a markup. He said everyone there was happy the car was finally delivered so no more calls.
You are correct. I use list new cars online. Its what you call polling from Reynolds and Reynolds, among other systems. The Manufacturing company automatically connects to dealer sites and other car sites such as AT.com and Cars.com. Its automated and no way to separate the sold cars. What ever the dealers orders, it goes in the system.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Best I found online for Golden Ticket is 12K ADM

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I know of 2 friends who were able to purchase their golden ticket cars at msrp. It is possible, just depends on how much patience you have.

OP
OP
raidernixon

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
I pulled the trigger this week after finding the right CFTP car. I was unable to escape an ADM for what I wanted in this area, but was able to mitigate it to 10k with some service extras included. I've managed to get my 6 past vehicles for under xplan pricing so I'll just consider it almost even...

My favorite experience (sarcasm) was talking to an idiot at one dealership who was insisting 35k ADM is what someone would walk in the door today and pay for the car...not a penny less. I called him out, showing him the active ebay listing for the actual car his dealership posted, and asked him why would I pay 35k when this car has been sitting here since October with a buy it now price of 15k ADM and bids struggling to get above sticker price. He told me that listing was a mistake, but I could buy it now at that price but that the listing would be "fixed" tomorrow. Needless to say I moved on to other options.

I made another post regarding #4550 that has pics of the car I ended up with, and despite the ADM I am happy.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm curious to see how long the the Golden Ticket/Base sits at Sheehy with it's 20k or so ADM
Yes, they may sell to Koons at some point. Koons is good at that. I might upgrade to Golden Ticket and more favorable color for MSRP. I just know I would never track it.
-J
Sponsored