Sponsored

DD Switchbacks ordered/Install Watchouts?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Cool i like it. Looks like my next mod.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I found it easier to lay down next to your wheel and reach in with both arms to change it. managed to do both like this under 10 minutes at night.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
So I just installed them about an hour ago in the dark with my flash light and flathead. Small LED's were left a MAJOR FPITA and the big ones were easy.

Love the end result, gonna do the 4th brake light and blinkers tomorrow :D

Sponsored

k757

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT V8
I've had DD switchback in a Fiesta ST for 2+ years, great product they sell. They are not crappy ebay shtt. They are also extremely bright (both amber/white). The angle of the DD switchback in the Fiesta caused me to get flashed for "high beam on pissed off flash" a few times.

I picked up my car last week and ordered my DD "kit" for both LEDs shortly after, I know they are going to be awesome.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Mine got delivered today, will install tomorrow

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Installed switchbacks and side marker bulbs. Here's the before and after. When you install them leave the harness attached to sockets from the housing, it gives you more leverage. Then disconnect the harness, remove the socket/bulb from inside the bumper, it will be easier to install the bulbs. Then put the socket back in, put the harness back on then tighten, again will be easier to turn with more leverage.

Before

After

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Has anyone here just put the white side maker LEDs in without switchbacks. Wondering how that would look. I don't mind the yellow turn signal look, and also wondering if it's possible to get a brighter yellow turn signal bulb to replace the stock bulb.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone here just put the white side maker LEDs in without switchbacks. Wondering how that would look. I don't mind the yellow turn signal look, and also wondering if it's possible to get a brighter yellow turn signal bulb to replace the stock bulb.
It would look like the picture above I posted when the switchback is blinking amber and the side marker is white, as they are both on together. So it would look weird in my opinion. If you don't mind the amber light then I suggest the black chrome bulbs that still light amber but when off they won't have that egg yolk effect on the housing.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium