Sponsored

Dash-Cam

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I had a hard time finding a fuse tap that would work at my local parts store. I just ended up wrapping the wire around one of the fuses for the time being. I'll eventually get a proper tap at some point. I am using a 750 2ch as well - it's great. Very happy with it.
I found a seller on eBay that shipped to the uk , $7.98 for 2 taps shipped.
Which fuses did you tap into? I'm assuming our fuses will be the same, just on the other side of the car :)
Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Guys, guys, GUYS.

Stop fuse tapping. MIRROR TAP. USE THE MIRROR TAP, with an inline USB converter. Sorry for the crummy photos! I can take better on request. The pinout is somewhere in the radar detector thread, i can find it...

Buy it here: http://invisicord.com/osc2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=58 -- GET THE MICRO VERSION

No wires to run, and it all fits behind the mirror. I use this A118C (Gearbest has it cheap) and the mounting plate is adhesive to the windshield (same with the usb converter from invisicord) and I left off the "tail" of the camera. It just plugs in right there and slides on the mount.

You dont have to mess with fuses or running wires all the way around the place. Plus the mirror is already switched power. Good to go!
IMG_20151121_104439877.jpg
IMG_20151121_104446552.jpg
IMG_20151121_104427603.jpg

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
These things are all over the place in Korea. I'll definately put one in my cars when I get back to the U.S.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I read somewhere it was a bad idea to tap the mirror? Doesn't it involve cutting wires?

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
No wire cutting necessary for mirror tap. However, my radar detector is using a mirror tap so I went with hard wiring. Mirror tap was a PITA for me personally since I broke pins trying to push the pins in. Should be a very easy process for everyone else though. My life does that from time to time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I had zero issues with my kit going right in. Takes almost no pressure and fit nicely. No issues even after removing/reinstalling the dash cam a couple times.

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I just got a A118C too and have been running it off the power outlet until I have a chance to hardwire. I thought about tapping in the mirror, but I'd rather have that little box and the extra cable hidden. To me, running the cable is well worth the little bit of extra work. It took me a couple minutes to temporarily run the current power cord. I like that I could use the factory wire cover to hide the wire. I have maybe 3 inches of visible wire up top.

boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
for the mirror tap from Invisicord, is the 1.5 amp fuse beneficial?
I purchased a G1W-CB and originally purchased a fuse tap and a hardwire kit, but i'm planning on returning both for the mirror tap..

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
late to the party but Lukas HD is a good brand. I have two of their models and both are great and have had no issues.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
for the mirror tap from Invisicord, is the 1.5 amp fuse beneficial?
I purchased a G1W-CB and originally purchased a fuse tap and a hardwire kit, but i'm planning on returning both for the mirror tap..
I didnt bother, the usb converter will handle fluctations if any, and also prevents backfeeding if the camera were to explode I think.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I just got a A118C too and have been running it off the power outlet until I have a chance to hardwire. I thought about tapping in the mirror, but I'd rather have that little box and the extra cable hidden. To me, running the cable is well worth the little bit of extra work. It took me a couple minutes to temporarily run the current power cord. I like that I could use the factory wire cover to hide the wire. I have maybe 3 inches of visible wire up top.
Just so you know, from the drivers seat I cant see it. Passengers dont see it unless they look right at it either, its not any more obvious than just the camera being there already.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Just so you know, from the drivers seat I cant see it. Passengers dont see it unless they look right at it either, its not any more obvious than just the camera being there already.
I would love to see some higher quality photos if you have the time. TIA.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
I had zero issues with my kit going right in. Takes almost no pressure and fit nicely. No issues even after removing/reinstalling the dash cam a couple times.
Phil... Does this invisicord include a 12v to 5v converter? Thanks
Sponsored