Daily Driver Square Tire Setup

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
What do you mean they are non-directional for rotation?
Means asymmetric tread pattern, so assuming you got the same size in four corners you can move them left to right instead of just front and back. If you go staggered and have directional tires you can't rotate them at all, but if you go asymmetric/non directional then you can rotate them left to right at least.

Directional/Symmetric Tires: General GMax RS or BF Goodrich gforce comp 2 a/s +

Non-directional/Asymmetric: Michelin PS4S, Pilot Sport 5, Continental Extremecontact Sport, Conti ECS 02
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean they are non-directional for rotation?
Some summer tires have arrows on them and only are meant to go one direction making it not possible to do proper tire rotation
I think I had Nittos back in the day that were

OP
OP

Cali5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Means asymmetric tread pattern, so assuming you got the same size in four corners you can move them left to right instead of just front and back. If you go staggered and have directional tires you can't rotate them at all, but if you go asymmetric/non directional then you can rotate them left to right at least.

Directional/Symmetric Tires: General GMax RS or BF Goodrich gforce comp 2 a/s +

Non-directional/Asymmetric: Michelin PS4S, Pilot Sport 5, Continental Extremecontact Sport, Conti ECS 02
Man thank you for this knowledge. Holy cow I didn’t know it got really technically when it came to tires and rotations.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
So I don't love the bulge but I do like the overall stance of 285/35 and the summer tire selection it comes with. I did consider going 275/40 square but I ended up settling on 285. My long term plan is to move to 19x10 and go with even lighter rims later on but I'm waiting on a house so I don't have to do tire hotel any longer lol. I might go 275/40 on the next set though just to see just because extra sidewall in the midwest never hurts (looks at the nearest pothole).

Should also preface that this is my first ever time running a summer and winter setup my prior car to the mustangs I owned was a 2014 elantra with all seasons. So these tires were my first big car purchase (and very well spent with both my eco that I had and now my gt).
Thanks for the nice reply. I put 275/35s on 19×9.5 inch rims on my DMG GT/CS and the gap is too much. I'm probably going to do Steeda min drop springs with B6 dampers and then consider the 275/40s if the gap is still too much. You’ve got a gorgeous car!

(BTW, I'm in MI too.)

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Man thank you for this knowledge. Holy cow I didn’t know it got really technically when it came to tires and rotations.
Yeah tires a rabbit hole in a rabbit hole known as suspension. But arguably they have the best return on investment. Highly recommend the youtube channel Tyre Reviews. Would also recommend visiting the website as well.

Thanks for the nice reply. I put 275/35s on 19×9.5 inch rims on my DMG GT/CS and the gap is too much. I'm probably going to do Steeda min drop springs with B6 dampers and then consider the 275/40s if the gap is still too much. You’ve got a gorgeous car!
Thank you good sir 🫡 yeah my biggest thing with 275/40 is that my car came with 255/40 so I really wanted to keep mental math to a minimum (speedometer differences between tire heights and all).

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah tires a rabbit hole in a rabbit hole known as suspension. But arguably they have the best return on investment. Highly recommend the youtube channel Tyre Reviews. Would also recommend visiting the website as well.

Thank you good sir 🫡 yeah my biggest thing with 275/40 is that my car came with 255/40 so I really wanted to keep mental math to a minimum (speedometer differences between tire heights and all).
FWIW, my car came with 235/50/18 and I run 285/35/20 in summer, so a taller tire than stock. The speedo difference is not really noticeable, maybe 1 or 2 mph by the time you get to highway speeds.

This is a great site to compare tire sizes and how it affects speedo. Tire size 1 would be your stock size.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, my car came with 235/50/18 and I run 285/35/20 in summer, so a taller tire than stock. The speedo difference is not really noticeable, maybe 1 or 2 mph by the time you get to highway speeds.

This is a great site to compare tire sizes and how it affects speedo. Tire size 1 would be your stock size.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Oh yeah I know, love that site.

Let me not be lazy, here is tyre reviews lol
https://www.tyrereviews.com/

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
I wish this site was posted as a sticky to help people out with tire sizes: https://tiresize.com/comparison/
It is not going to be 100% accurate as tire manufactures are all different, but gives a close representation of what will happen when changing tire sizes from stock.

Going from the stock PP1 setup to the one in my sig, the difference was very small which barely affected the speedo, ie: -1mph at 90mph. Basically keeping the same sidewall, but a little over an inch wider. I went with Project 6GR wheels which lightened up each corner, too, over stock. Car is lowered, too.

full.jpg
Great looking set up! Love the back drop in the pic! Thanks for sharing.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I wish this site was posted as a sticky to help people out with tire sizes: https://tiresize.com/comparison/
It is not going to be 100% accurate as tire manufactures are all different, but gives a close representation of what will happen when changing tire sizes from stock.

Going from the stock PP1 setup to the one in my sig, the difference was very small which barely affected the speedo, ie: -1mph at 90mph. Basically keeping the same sidewall, but a little over an inch wider. I went with Project 6GR wheels which lightened up each corner, too, over stock. Car is lowered, too.

full.jpg
This looks great! what is your setup and Instagram to tag you?

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com